#1 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I never really get into scary games much and like others kinda feel its more of an endurance than actual fun, but since its Halloween and i don't really participate in going out trick or treating or whatever people do for Halloween i'm going to purchase Fatal Frame(Project Zero) for the PS2 for a game that i only played the demo of years ago but i know it's a game that is guaranteed to freak me out, now part of me making this thread is to get other ideas for truly scary games that will freak me out as well as Fatal Frame that i could go about getting

So who is getting a horror game specifically for Halloween or have a horror game to recommend for a good Halloween scare?

#2 Posted by fuzzypumpkin (389 posts) -

I actually just bought Fatal Frame a couple of days ago and will be receiving sometime next week (sadly not in time for Halloween). I never beat it when I played it before, but it was great and utterly terrifying. Can't wait for it!

#3 Edited by ShockD (2421 posts) -

I recently bought Left 4 Dead 2 for me and my girlfriend from the Steam sale and we're really enjoying it so far. Best Halloween present you can make for some 3.50€.

#4 Posted by wemibelec90 (1831 posts) -

I picked up a bunch from my local Gamestop. All the best ones from the PS2 era. Planning to play them all over the next month. Already streamed out Fatal Frame 1 and was planning to do something with 2 on Halloween itself.

#5 Posted by notdavid (842 posts) -

I'll be playing Shadows of the Damned. Not necessarily a horror game, but it's close enough. If I'm up for it, I might pop in Silent Hill 2.

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Played Slender: The Eight Pages a few days ago. That was my Halloween gaming.

#7 Posted by Cubidog1 (245 posts) -

I'm buying Lone Survivor since its half off on Steam. That's about it. Maybe I'll buy Deadspace 2.

#8 Posted by Wampa1 (744 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs will do for this year. Love these seasonally themed DLC packs, used Infamous 2's the year before.

#9 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

I'm debating whether or not to buy Dead Rising 2. It's only 7 bucks on Steam, but I've barely scratched the surface of my last Steam Sale binge.

#10 Posted by gaminghooligan (1479 posts) -

Actually grabbed a ps2 with all the silent hills on the cheap, and got a copy of condemned 2 bloodshot

#11 Posted by ShinjiEx (625 posts) -

Been playing RE6 and Dead Space during October

#12 Edited by molotov8934 (1 posts) -

I'm going to play a little Fatal Frame 4 for the Wii and then call it a day.

#13 Posted by boxing_hobo (26 posts) -

Yep was an idiot and got silent hill downpour on games on demand.

#14 Posted by Sin4profit (3003 posts) -

I bought Lone Survivor on Steam but plan to finally play through Amnesia, which i've had but have been putting off for awhile.

#15 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Nah. Most horror themed games are just adventure or puzzlers and I don't care for those genres. Forgot that I had bought Costume Quest on Steam last year and was gonna try it this year. I actually forgot that today was Halloween and it's too late to get into that game now.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I like some horror games but not constantly stressful horror games. Pacing is important. The scariest game I have ever played was silent hill shattered memories. Because it would make you feel safe. Ready to relax. Then all the sudden you would now have to run from monsters.

#17 Posted by Undeadpool (4997 posts) -

Definitely grabbing the Sleeping Dogs DLC. Might pick up the Yakuza 4 one too. Might even revisit Costume Quest since it was (sorta) the start of all this mayhem.

@Dagbiker said:

I like some horror games but not constantly stressful horror games. Pacing is important. The scariest game I have ever played was silent hill shattered memories. Because it would make you feel safe. Ready to relax. Then all the sudden you would now have to run from monsters.

Shattered Memories was so titanically underappreciated.

#18 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:
I don't think it was the scariest, mainly because i looooooove body horror and no fucking developer seems to use that in a good way. But man, the pacing was amaaaaaaazing.
#19 Posted by procrasturbate (277 posts) -

Undead Nightmare with the wife. Her request.

#20 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I just played some of the new DLC for Sleeping Dogs, good so far, but I'm exhausted and going to go to bed.

#21 Posted by IAmNotBatman (656 posts) -

Bought Closure off steam for half price! Not really a horror game but it is creepy.

#22 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

I'll eventually buy Sleepy Dogs and the DLC so... that counts right? Right?

#23 Posted by Franstone (1155 posts) -

@M_Shini: I think Dead Space was the last game I bought that really scared the shit out of me even though it's kinda monster closet design. Still does the trick though.

Been debating on scooping up something in the Steam Halloween sale myself.

Condemned: Criminal Origins is on sale, I remember that freaking me out back when the 360 came out.

Try the Amnesia demo on Steam, I tried it and will openly admit I don't want to play it cuz I don't wanna stress myself out that much, hahah. (just saw is only $5 right now, I may have to buy it.)

I may grab that or Alan Wake, maybe Alice, all kinda give me that Halloween/Freaky vibe.

#24 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

I just tryed stalker call of pripyat, i kinda liked its ideas but the game plays kinda janky to really properly enjoy it but ill be dipping in it to try and enjoy it while Fatal Frame takes its time to arrive, havent got a scary vibe from it yet tho.