Anyone despise when the Gamespot crew joins Gbomb videos?

• 175 results
Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I really enjoy this crossover show it really brings me back to the old Whiskey office vibe in a way, but all games all the time (which is an improvement)

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rafaelfc said:

I really enjoy this crossover show it really brings me back to the old Whiskey office vibe in a way, but all games all the time (which is an improvement)

Yes. Less awkward Comicvine segments, more awesome (but also sometimes awkward) games segments! I´m all for it.

And it was an absolute delight seeing Ryan McDonald on that couch.

sephirm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rjayb89 said:

Will GameSpot hate replace Patrick hate? It's nice to change things up every now and then.

Just like Patrick hate replaced Alex hate. The cycle continues.

Why can't we all just focus our hate onto 4chan like normal people.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

Love the new show - this week there were several laugh-out-loud moments.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

At first I didn't like gamespot in my giant bomb.

but then

No Caption Provided
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Just like the old days. With different people.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By monetarydread

@delt31 said:

The guy from gamespot... should be thankful that his floundering site can even tag onto an up and coming one like gbomb.

In case you didn't know, gamespot brings in over 6x the daily users that giantbomb does. Even if you are going to look at growth trends over a years time, GB looks stagnant, not like a growing site.

No Caption Provided

One weird oddity though, is that Gamespot sees a massive spike in users during e3 and giantbomb does not.

delt31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31 said:

The guy from gamespot just came off so annoying for even pointing that out to the guys especially since he did nothing but make bad jokes and should be thankful that his floundering site can even tag onto an up and coming one like gbomb.

In case you didn't know, gamespot brings in over 6x the daily users that giantbomb does.

No Caption Provided

this was the first response I actually thought was interesting (as opposed to the majority of you premadonnas who think your shit doesn't smell - this is a game forum where people don't have to kiss your ass). I would think gamespot's numbers are way down from the past 5 yrs where GB is on the rise - or I would hope considering their content is so fresh). It's too bad there is such hatred here considering we're all on the same (subscriber field) but you can rest assured i'll continue voicing my opinion.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@delt31 said:

i didn't ask for this.

No Caption Provided

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new releases show is shaping out to be a great show indeed, looking forward to the upcoming stuff.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It was fun to hate GameSpot before GB was bought by CBSi wasn't it? Ah, those good ole, shameless times.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Not despise, but to quote Adam Jensen - "I never asked for this".

Yup.

The New Release show.... there are other things I would love them to be doing instead. We already get quick looks of all the stuff there, the other things they play for literally like 3 minutes at a time. Then it's just them shooting the shit with GS guys... which yes, I never asked for.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nope, Chris and Max are nice.

ryanmc94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Bring back happy hour I say. GB + CV + GS crossover once a week would be hella fun. Also chuck in a little Matt Rorie here and there for some added entertainment. Sigh... I miss whiskey media

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Their presence seems mostly benign. I guess I could be like OP and go into the videos just waiting for any slightly off putting remark from one of them and rage against it, but that would be a complete waste of my life, so no.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://i.minus.com/ibkXzKGEhR6OPs.gif

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I despise that I supported GiantBomb with $$$ on the pretense they were breaking away from Gamespot and going to do things differently, only for them to happily go straight back there as soon as the going got tough / there was money to be made. That wasn't what I signed up for in the wake of the K&L scandal. I don't give a fuck who they have on the site content now, what difference does it make?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31 said:

@monetarydread said:

@delt31 said:

The guy from gamespot just came off so annoying for even pointing that out to the guys especially since he did nothing but make bad jokes and should be thankful that his floundering site can even tag onto an up and coming one like gbomb.

In case you didn't know, gamespot brings in over 6x the daily users that giantbomb does.

No Caption Provided

this was the first response I actually thought was interesting (as opposed to the majority of you premadonnas who think your shit doesn't smell - this is a game forum where people don't have to kiss your ass). I would think gamespot's numbers are way down from the past 5 yrs where GB is on the rise - or I would hope considering their content is so fresh). It's too bad there is such hatred here considering we're all on the same (subscriber field) but you can rest assured i'll continue voicing my opinion.

as much as i think the new releases show is ok, if it means these guys are doing a fat link exchange with gamespot and it brings in more audience for GB then by all means this show gots to continue

but damm GB only has that much people? (that graph is almost straight line also they have had very incremental growth)

i could have sworn during the days when whiskeymedia.com was still a thing and seeing their data, that the audience was at 1 million viewers.

GB has to definitely do both things then to grow efficiently, listen to peoples LEGIT feedback (i know, not all criticisms are legit) and then keep bringing in new people by doing things like these new releases show and the giantbomb gaming minute

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I thought it was fine, other than the lack of Drew TrackIR-ing it up on ArmA 3.

The only odd part to me was listening to the GS guy in the beginning dodge questions about his opinion on the game and what kind of computer he prefers. Like, he wasn't allowed to have an opinion while on camera.

Reminded me how CBS got pissed about CNET awarding the Hopper the best device at CES....

PulledaBrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

I despise that I supported GiantBomb with $$$ on the pretense they were breaking away from Gamespot and going to do things differently, only for them to happily go straight back there as soon as the going got tough / there was money to be made. That wasn't what I signed up for in the wake of the K&L scandal. I don't give a fuck who they have on the site content now, what difference does it make?

Im with you there. Its was super odd for years hearing NO mention of GameSpot in videos or the podcast, then all of a sudden they are best buddies. I understand that management has changed but I will always be suspect of how things are run at GS. Also the old time GS staff will never earn my respect. After the K&L issue, several people just said "fuck this" and quit. They saw something shitty and left to roll the dice and take a chance with a friend that had been wronged. The people that stayed, misty eyed goodbyes non-withstanding, only seemed to subtly condone what happened by staying.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pulledabrad: don't you think that Jeff and the guys probably have WAY stronger feelings than you ever could when is comes to Gamespot? You've trusted them so far, and they think this is ok, so why wouldn't you trust them here?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Turambar

It takes a rather odd person to claim to want to protect a website, and in the same breath, condemn the creation of content that the staff is enthusiastic in.

delt31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By delt31

@turambar said:

It takes a rather odd person to claim to want to protect a website, and in the same breath, condemn the creation of content that the staff is enthusiastic in.

You sure the GB guys want to really be buddy with GS folks? I think that's a very big assumption. One of the biggest consequences of selling to CBS is playing nice with GS. I'm not entirely sure that GB really wants these guys in their videos but now their hand is forced.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Yes but I just don't watch that specific content. I don't see a purpose in the Wednesday show and it isn't even that entertaining. In the 45 minutes that I could stand watching yesterday I was utterly bored. So until word of mouth changes for the show, I'm just going to avoid it and pray for interesting content again, even UF's are hit and miss without any GS guys.

ExcessDebris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ExcessDebris

No. Not really. GS is fine.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31 said:

@turambar said:

You sure the GB guys want to really be buddy with GS folks? I think that's a very big assumption. One of the biggest consequences of selling to CBS is playing nice with GS. I'm not entirely sure that GB really wants these guys in their videos but now their hand is forced.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Turambar

@delt31 said:

@turambar said:

Yes, I am in fact quite sure. My source? The staffs' own mouths.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89 said:

Will GameSpot hate replace Patrick hate? It's nice to change things up every now and then.

That would be really nice since I know nothing about them and can ignore it easier.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#132  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I like the feature, even If I just skip through it. The gamespot staff is a welcome change of pace. I like a lot of the people over there.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#133  Edited By vaiz

It reminds me of On The Spot, and I'm okay with that.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#134  Edited By bobafettjm

Anything that helps them put out more content is fine by me, plus I have quite enjoyed the videos so far that include the Gamespot guys.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By hockeymask27

No I enjoy life to much to despise something out of my control.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delt31: I just hate when people use the term so I wanted to say, it's NOT pre-Madonna. It's prima donna.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#137  Edited By Sooperspy

I like the Gamespot guys. I especially find Chris Waters enjoyable.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#138  Edited By Animasta

@jimbo said:

uh... if they hadn't gone back to CBSi they would have shut down. I hope you know this

Also, they clearly explained the scandal, the people that did that don't work there anymore, what's the big problem exactly? Are they not still doing things differently?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#139  Edited By breadfan

Not at all. I actually think it is pretty awesome. It's nice to have a couple of new faces in the weekly content.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By sdharrison

What target audience is Gamespot supposed to serve? Their big gun is VanOrd. They have no chemistry with each other. It smacks of a heavily corporate environment. The GB crew are enjoying their own careers, while Gamespot seems to be about working a shitty job with weird hours.

The release show makes me realize how I take for granted the chemistry on Giantbomb. Vinny and Ryan could carry ANYTHING. They could host sports talk radio and make it amazing. The Gamespot players just seem disconnected and somewhat joyless.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Funkydupe

I have this impression that Giant Bomb caters to an older average age user-group (don't confuse that with a more mature user-group!). I like that it is more shoulders down than GameSpot seems to be in a lot of ways. I don't dislike GameSpot but their content doesn't appeal to me in the way it is presented. I have to say that I wish Giant Bomb would be able to expand in terms of core members soon; as that'd make more content for us that appreciate this site's way of talking and learning about games.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't mind it when GS people come over to GB content every so often. It's nice to get a little variety and get different perspectives on games that would otherwise have been dismissed by GB. Like Brad is the only one on GB that is into Starcraft 2 so it's great that he gets to talk about it with someone who has the same amount of understanding as him like Eric Tay from GS.

Onced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed this weeks Wednesday Live Show. Eric Tay seems like a total bro and Waters isn't half bad either. I'm optimistic this may grow into something good and the cross-pollination between GS/GB will not only bring in more diverse content, but additional viewers for Giant Bomb.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@delt31 said:

@turambar said:

I don't want to hear that from you.

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked the last Wednesday show. It felt a lot more natural and I have absolutely nothing against incorporating them more. Had it been stale like the first one, then I may have had some reservations but they make a nice fit. Maybe that's just Vinnys charm working on everyone, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Maxwell kid is a riot.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kinda indifferent to the whole thing, I'm fine with it as long as the videos provide good solid entertainment.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey you guys, I'm going to say something, but this is all very hush hush. Top secret stuff. So, be cool and act normal ok? You're ready? Here it goes: the Giant Bomb duders like Gamespot, like, in a totally not sister-like way.

Duuuuuudes, I said act normal. Now, don't say anyone I said this and . . wait, what are you texting? Oh great, now everyone knows.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By envane

@fattony12000: you just like anyone named max , but then again i cant find any examples of a bad max ... so ... well played

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Giefcookie

Chris Watters plays great with Ryan, Kevin VanOrd is cool and hopefully Giancarlo shows up for the next show. PEACE OUT!