• 52 results
#1 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

I just bought it for $15 and feel like a terrible person. I feel like a just stole from these people. Anyone else feel anything like this?

#2 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I feel terrible. Someone gave it to me, so I feel like two people have been robbed now. :(

#3 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I paid a dollar and then someone on these forums gave me their Bastion code.

yolo

#4 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

yolo

Flagged. (not really)

#5 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

I gave them $125 seeing i had never played any of them besides Bastion and half of Psychonauts like 8 years ago.

#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@mandude said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

yolo

Flagged. (not really)

I would totally understand if you actually did.

#7 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: hahahaha that made me laugh

#8 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1260 posts) -

I only paid $9 and I don't feel bad. Of course I've already bought almost all of these games (including the new 3) except for Swords and Sworcery and Amnesia. Plus I've bought Psychonauts 3 times before this anyway.

#9 Posted by KoolAid (892 posts) -

I paid $100, so I don't feel bad.

All those games should be priced at $60.

#10 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

I paid a dollar. Already had most of them and the games I didn't have are pretty bad.

#11 Posted by LazyDuder (10 posts) -

I feel a little bad, but then i remember they've sold over 400k copies. The average is only at 8$ right now so there has to be allot of people paying way less then me. Anything that helps spread awareness for these developers to the 'main stream' has to be worth much more then $$$ today. Not to mention helping charity. I wonder if the humble bundle would ever expect a Big developer giving them use of there older titles......

#12 Edited by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

Feel bad about buying the games? Seeing as I'd bought 3 of the original 5 games in the deal previously, and I wasn't likely to pay a lot for the other 2 anyway, no. And add to that I already owned 2 of the 3 new games they added, and didn't want the 3rd.

The soundtracks on the other hand... Maybe I feel a little bad about that.

@Synthballs: Bad?!?!

#13 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: Limbo and Braid are full of wank. And why in the fuck does Psychonauts deserve to be in it? I wouldn't call Tim Schafer a fucking deprived Indie Developer.

#14 Posted by TEHMAXXORZ (1199 posts) -

No not really, I would feel bad if I didn't pay at all. Well, actually, I probably wouldn't feel bad at all if I got them for free, since I'd have a bunch of free games.

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7071 posts) -
@Synthballs

@pyromagnestir: Limbo and Braid are full of wank. And why in the fuck does Psychonauts deserve to be in it? I wouldn't call Tim Schafer a fucking deprived Indie Developer.

His company out their game in the bundle in the hopes it would help with the charity, I'm sure. No need to be a cynical asshole about every aspect of life.
#16 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Synthballs said:

And why in the fuck does Psychonauts deserve to be in it? I wouldn't call Tim Schafer a fucking deprived Indie Developer.

Because he is an indie developer and you don't have to be poor to want to raise money for charity, you moron.

#17 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

I am a cheapass and I admit I feel bad about it... I haven't bought them yet... but I blame that on having a crap computer for gaming. (DON'T YOU DARE SAY UPGRADE!!!) I wish to buy them... but I can't play any of them!

#18 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Synthballs

His company out their game in the bundle in the hopes it would help with the charity, I'm sure. No need to be a cynical asshole about every aspect of life.

Every aspect? I've talked down about Psychonauts man. Not every aspect of life. Why not reach out to Notch or the Terraria guys. Proper Indie developers which would draw a crowd anyway. An Indie Developer could have gained so much more from this than Tim Schafer.

#19 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Synthballs said:

I'm sure the presence of Psychonauts carries a lot of sway in how many people buy the bundle, and if you so wish, you don't have to pay any of the money at all towards Psychonauts. Not sure why you're so ill disposed towards it.

#20 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

@Synthballs: Well, I don't agree with you on Braid and Limbo, but I can see where you're coming from I guess. Braid has some really neat mechanics and design to back up all that wankery, at least. Limbo is mostly impressive because of that art design, without which the basically pretty standard puzzle platforming backing it up wouldn't have been quite so highly regarded, I think.

I do agree Psychonauts is a bit of an odd inclusion. My guess is all that Psychonauts 2 talk led to someone figuring this would get that game more exposure, and therefor help the chance for a sequel.

#21 Posted by Humanity (9017 posts) -

I got it as a gift from someone but I always pay the minimum needed to get everything because I paid full price for a lot of turds in the past and thats not a great excuse but thats how it goes I guess.

Slave Zero, full purchase, spent hours even getting it to run. Years ago I know, never forget.

#22 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Nah, the devs know what they're doing when they submit their games, and Frictional tweeted today that their own store sales have jumped 30% since the start of the bundle. 

#23 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: I am down for a sequel. Don't get me wrong sir. I don't know if I'm simple but when a games storyline is "left open to interpretation" it just feels lazy to me. I'm just about to finish Limbo and it was good for the first half with the giant spider and the other people running away, then it all went downhill at the HOTEL sign.

#24 Posted by Natedogg2 (448 posts) -

I only donated $3.13 to this bundle. I don't feel bad at all. I owned all of the games except for one, so I was mostly donating for that game and the soundtracks. The only thing I regret is that I didn't donate enough to get the Bastion soundtrack.

#25 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

@Synthballs said:

"left open to interpretation" it just feels lazy to me. I'm just about to finish Limbo and it was good for the first half with the giant spider and the other people running away, then it all went downhill at the HOTEL sign.

In my mind, left open for interpretation is far better than unnecessarily explaining something and having a dumb explanation. Which I think is something a lot of video games do.

Then again, Mass Effect 3 just popped into my mind, and that game somehow failed by doing both at the same time, I guess.

#26 Posted by l4wd0g (1926 posts) -

Not at all. Do you feel bad for charity deductions on your taxes?

They've donated their games to charity, and hopefully some of you will buy them for more than a dollar. If you only want to pay a dollar, that's your prerogative. I hope you donate more than $10.

#27 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

I feel bad because I treat it more like a sale than a charity. I always try to chip in over the average (I really can't afford to give that much), but I know deep down I'm just doing it to get the game for way cheaper than I could anywhere else. The point is to raise money for a really well meaning charity, but I just look at is as a value proposition.

#28 Posted by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

I owned most of them on my 360 already and I will most likely never give most of the them the time that they deserve so my $8.50 donation doesn't make me feel too bad.

#29 Posted by zoozilla (978 posts) -

I gave $25, which is still really low for all those games (and the soundtracks!), but I don't feel too bad about it.

I'm just happy I could support the developers and give to charity. It's really a win-win.

#30 Posted by mythrol (303 posts) -

Don't feel bad. I gave 10$ and I don't even have a computer to play the games on. Tbh I bought them for the soundtracks.

#31 Posted by MonetaryDread (2007 posts) -

I don't feel bad at all.  I purchased the bundle for $15 then a dollar fifty for a second bundle to give my friend.  The second bundle purchase is a little low, but my friend wouldn't have spent even that much, plus maybe he becomes a fan of a certain developer.  Plus, a couple dollars going to the developer is still better than pirating the copies onto a thumb drive for my friend.

#32 Posted by Winternet (8012 posts) -

I payed zero dollars and I feel great, so why would you feel terrible?

#33 Posted by GODWASP (41 posts) -

i paid $50.

#34 Edited by Wacomole (816 posts) -

I bought it and I don't even install games on my PC as a rule. It was just too good a deal to pass up.

I Just put the keys in my Steam library ready for the day when I might relax that rule and allow myself to download them.

#35 Posted by jaycrockett (441 posts) -

I don't feel bad. I paid $15 which is more than the zero I had paid or planned to pay.

Now if it turns out I like any of these games (I'm already loving Bastion) I'll be that much more likely to buy the developers future works.

Seems like a win for everyone. Even Steam since I'm playing PC games which is rare these days.

#36 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Synthballs said:

@pyromagnestir: I are full of wank. And why in the fuck does MYPOST deserve to be in THIS THREAD? I RAPE GOATS FOR FUN.

#37 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

@bobcat1794 said:

I just bought it for $15 and feel like a terrible person. I feel like a just stole from these people. Anyone else feel anything like this?

Nnnnnnope. I donated money to charity, the people who made the games did a very generous thing and offered their games up for this. It's all meant to make ya feel good!

#38 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

I also feel bad giving money to charity.

#39 Posted by Keeyez (17 posts) -

@Synthballs: Notch probably has more money then Double Fine.

#40 Posted by Foggen (842 posts) -

Own all the games in one form or another, paid $7 to get reward level.

#41 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4689 posts) -

@Synthballs said:

I agree, apart from Limbo.

#42 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

Paid a buck. No regrets.

#43 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Not really, I paid a lot for it just to feel somewhat better about doing it. 
Some people pay $1 for it and they don't even feel bad about it, so why should you?  
At least your money goes to something, $1 does not go anywhere

#44 Posted by TheBlackPigeon (314 posts) -

I feel no remorse whatsoever for paying $5 to enjoy a shitload of awesome indie games. (folds arms)

#45 Posted by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

I got it for 10 BUX.

also YOLO

ALSO

Indie as a term is thrown around in so many contexts and ways that it has ceased to have any meaning.

#46 Posted by AndrewB (7567 posts) -

If you feel bad, you can always increase the amount you gave them. I don't. Sure, I got an insane number of great games, but the truth is that most of them don't appeal to me and like half of my Steam catalog these days, I'll never actually play them.

#47 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

i dont feel bad.. i paid twice for several games because i already owned them, some of the money went to charity and made someone else happy with a copy of Bastion.

#48 Posted by Phatmac (5724 posts) -

Not really, bought it pretty cheap. They keep doing this crazy bundle thing, but it must be working if they keep doing these crazy deals.

#49 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

@bobcat1794 said:

If you feel so terrible, buy it again. Isn't the money going to charity anyway? Child's Play and EFF I think.

#50 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@KoolAid said:

All those games should be priced at $60.

Heh.

@Synthballs said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Synthballs

Every aspect? I've talked down about Psychonauts man. Not every aspect of life. Why not reach out to Notch or the Terraria guys. Proper Indie developers which would draw a crowd anyway. An Indie Developer could have gained so much more from this than Tim Schafer.

... Notch would have been more needing of this than fucking Tim Schafer? Do you have ANY idea how well Minecraft did? Seriously, do you have any concept of how needless it would be to involve Notch with anything like this? I wouldn't be all that surprised if Minecraft made more on its own than pretty much ever Tim Schafer joint combined.