#1 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

It's a tad bit (by tad I mean very) odd that Resident Evil 5 is the subject of criticism as Capcom is being called racist for having RE5 take place in Africa; however, Far Cry 2 takes place in Africa and you will be killing hordes Africans and Ubisoft has had no accusatiosn leveled against them.

For the record I think the criticisms are ridiculous and unfounded, I just felt that this should be noted.

#2 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"It's a tad bit (by tad I mean very) odd that Resident Evil 5 is the subject of criticism as Capcom is being called racist for having RE5 take place in Africa; however, Far Cry 2 takes place in Africa and you will be killing hordes Africans.

For the record I think the criticisms are ridiculous and unfounded, I just felt that this should be noted."
People will bitch about anything just for the sake of being able to bitch. I think the main problem with Resident Evil 5 getting critisim was that all the Africans were "infected" zombies. I really don't but double standards are stupid.
#3 Posted by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -

thats because in far cry 2 you are killing the WHITE DEVIL /obvioussarcasm

#4 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

I think the problem was that the africans were being depicated as savage and un-human (which would make sense as there infected) and people took offence to this.

#5 Posted by Otacon (2193 posts) -
Teh_Eel said:
"I think the problem was that the africans were being depicated as savage and un-human (which would make sense as there infected) and people took offence to this."
Exactly right. 
#6 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Otacon said:
"Teh_Eel said:
"I think the problem was that the africans were being depicated as savage and un-human (which would make sense as there infected) and people took offence to this."
Exactly right. "
People are very sensitive nowadays o.O
#7 Posted by Ubergeist (416 posts) -

People have a hard time looking past racism these days. If it seems a little bit racist it's a big deal for some reason. Like the lady saying it was racists for Castle Crashers to have brown people in it... dumb.

#8 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

I don't know if you noticed this, but people are stupid.

#9 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -

I guess they took offence to Africans being portrayed as savages.  When will certain people learn that it's just a game, we know their not savages and one game isn't going to change our minds.

Honestly people nowadays will complain about anything and everything.

#10 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

People will complain about anything, just ignore the ignorant.

It would have been racist had they not have had black people in the game, or if they stayed away from Africa to avoid any upset.