Anyone else glad none of the videos on GB are violent today?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheddartyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cheddartyme

I mean the type of bloody violence that is super common in games. I just wouldn't feel like watching a quick look of someone getting headshot and his head blown up today. It would have seemed insensitive to me. I'm not saying those more bloody games are inappropriate or shouldn't be as violent as they are, but there is a time and a place.

I'm talking about in light of the Colorado movie shooting in case you somehow haven't heard about it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By falserelic

That guy was just insane. It got nothing to do with violent video games.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

@falserelic said:

Sadly yes, a lot of times it ends up that people that end up shooting up a school needed help and never asked, or even sadder, asked but never got it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

I don't see how that has anything to do with GB?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Dagbiker said:

@falserelic said:

Sadly yes, a lot of times it ends up that people that end up shooting up a school needed help and never asked, or even sadder, asked but never got it.

I like more the comments on the AIM news stuff people saying Lobbying is the reason it all happened. 
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

This could have been posted in the other thread. Also, why just today? Crazy crap like this has been going on like this for a while. I do feel for the victims, but why doesn't any of the violence bother you any other time?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Animasta said:

Me either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Every moment of every day a soul is in mortal agony.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

@Brodehouse said:

Every moment of every day a soul is in mortal agony.

Those poor souls....

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EXTomar

Rainbow Moon seems pretty violent to me.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Nubster

So after a shooting, no videos with shooting can be put up the following day? That seems like a dumb and arbitrary rule. When is it ever okay to put up violent videos, with this logic, considering shooting and gun crimes happen every day?

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I can understand not wanting to watch anything violent today but I don't really think there's any correlation between what happened and what GB should or shouldn't do. I understand the sentiment though, something terrible happens, you don't wanna see more even if it's a game.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By buft

Got nothing to do with games, Giant bomb aint gonna let the terrorists win

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

Oh god can you just picture if a journalist found this thread?

"VIDEO GAMES ARE THE PROBLEM!" - Front Page.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Animasta said:

Me either.

Neither do I, and I would have no problem watching anything violent today. There are killings going on everyday and that never stops me from playing a violent game or watching a QL of a violent game, so I don't see why this should be any different.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SeriouslyNow

NAKED CARTOON PUSSY.

fixed

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Clonedzero

i love violent video games?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheHumanDove

A violent video game is not relevant to the tragedy.

smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By smitty86

Not to insult your feelings or trying to be insensitive but people are killed in horrendous way every day in thousands of places all over the world, let alone the US. Technically, if you were going to have this stance, you should have it every single day.

Also, I just watched 3 men shoot down a helicopter with missiles and then laugh after it burst into a fiery wreck. Still pretty violent. Hilarious, and violent.

Vinyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vinyl

Only if it was a videogame about unloading on a group of innocents. Otherwise I fail to see how the tragedy in Colorado connects with Giant Bomb, or that anything posted on GB could be REMOTELY as in bad taste and out of touch as that NRA tweet/account that got deleted.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

I didn't know Jack thompson posted on here. Fuck.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Akyho

@BraveToaster said:

This could have been posted in the other thread. Also, why just today? Crazy crap like this has been going on like this for a while. I do feel for the victims, but why doesn't any of the violence bother you any other time?

Exactly as BraveToaster says.

This minute absolutely horrible things are happening. More horrible than has even been reported in the news....except...that's life. You just have to carry on. I could go into the details however it would just depress everyone, because life can be horrible. Just be thankful your not on the receiving end of such tragedies.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Scooper

Unlike some people I can completely separate fiction from non-fiction.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Zombie_

Well, maybe if it was the crew taking turns replaying 'No Russian'.. but otherwise, no. It's not relevant to GB at all, so it shouldn't affect how they run their stories.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By Sergio

Sorry to break it to you, but people are shot every day. There were violent videos on Giant Bomb throughout the whole atrocities going on in Syria. So while it's terrible what happened in CO, I wouldn't care if Giant Bomb had any violent videos today.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelN7

@Animasta said:

Or videogames

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

This has nothing to do with video games.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Akeldama

No, stop being so sensitive and foolish.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Milkman

I can see where you're coming from. Playing any kind of game involving shooting makes me a little uncomfortable today.

It's important to be snapped back to reality once in a while and take a look at all the shooting and killing we do everyday without question.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Beaudacious

Are you glad that there is not single act of violence being perpetrated in the world today due to Colorado?

Oh wait...

I guess you'll never play another violent video game, since children are slaughtered on a daily basis in conflict torn 3rd world countries. How about the fact that there are murders every day, in Western society.

The very ignorant claim you make is one of the issues this Denver Theater attacker had, he could not separate fact form fiction anymore.

I'd say you said that on purpose to be a horrific troll.

championfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By championfetus

@smitty86 said:

Not to insult your feelings or trying to be insensitive but people are killed in horrendous way every day in thousands of places all over the world, let alone the US. Technically, if you were going to have this stance, you should have it every single day.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bocam

Stop being stupid

thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thebatmobile

Hey man, did you miss the quick look on Blackshark 2? Missiles, explosions and russians all over the place.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By napalm

Stop being weird.

rpoland123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rpoland123

who cares? youre an idiot if you let something like that ruin your day. Many people die violently each day, these ones just happened to be at a movie theater...

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AngriGhandi

Some really great high-school philosophizing going on in here. "Did you know violence happens like, a million times in the world, like every day, man?" No shit.

Certain tragedies have more significance to people for a reason. It's asinine not to think so.

And it makes you look like an idiot to marginalize somebody else's perfectly valid feelings of unease, merely because you happened to not feel bad about it personally. Have some tact.

Ugh.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By vaiz

There. I made the dick move. We can all go home now.

In all seriousness, what happened in Colorado sucks, and I hope that guy fucking burns for it, but that doesn't arbitrarily mean violence isn't allowed for the next however many days. The only difference between what happened in Colorado and any other shooting going on at any other moment in the world is this one was big enough and during a prominent enough event that we heard about it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Milkman
@AngriGhandi

Some really great high-school philosophizing going on in here. "Did you know violence happens like, a million times in the world, like every day, man?" No shit.

Certain tragedies have more significance to people for a reason. It's asinine not to think so.

And it makes you look like an idiot to marginalize somebody else's perfectly valid feelings of unease, merely because you happened to not feel bad about it personally. Have some tact.

Ugh.

What he said.
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By Hunter5024

@Dagbiker said:

@falserelic said:

Lets not feel too bad for the murderer.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Drebin_893

@cheddartyme said:

I mean the type of bloody violence that is super common in games. I just wouldn't feel like watching a quick look of someone getting headshot and his head blown up today. It would have seemed insensitive to me. I'm not saying those more bloody games are inappropriate or shouldn't be as violent as they are, but there is a time and a place.

I'm talking about in light of the Colorado movie shooting in case you somehow haven't heard about it.

It's true, today is the only day violence has ever occurred in the world, after all.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By krazy_kyle

Generally tiring playing very violent games anyway, its nice to mix it up a bit with some sonic generations or something :P

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By kindgineer

@cheddartyme: You're going to get a lot of weird replies from people who obviously overlook your point so they can post their witty response. I hear where you are coming from, though, and I agree.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By penguindust

@EXTomar said:

Rainbow Moon seems pretty violent to me.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. It's got guys killing other guys with swords and bows and stuff. I guess "cartoon violence" doesn't count as violence.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mandude

I'm sure hundreds of people are murdered every day. Why would violence be less tasteful today than it was yesterday?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#45  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I see what you're saying but like lots of people have said... shouldn't you feel this way everyday? It's worth thinking about. The glorification of violence is obviously a terrible thing, which is why I choose to think (most) games don't glorify violence. They depict it. It's a communication device.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By fattony12000

There is a time and a place, and insane murders committed by an utter cunt do not dictate either of those things.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Milkman
@GERALTITUDE

I see what you're saying but like lots of people have said... shouldn't you feel this way everyday? It's worth thinking about. The glorification of violence is obviously a terrible thing, which is why I choose to think (most) games don't glorify violence. They depict it. It's a communication device.

Obviously, violence happens every day. But when something this horrible and this close to home happens, it effects you, or at least it effects me. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way but I would hope people could respect that (though from the responses to this thread, that seems impossible.)

I was going to start playing Spec Ops tonight when I get home but I think I'll just play some Viva Piñata instead. But that's just me, I guess.
DeadVillager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DeadVillager

People who feel comfortable blurring the line between videogame violence and real, physical violence scare me.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hadoken101

@Milkman said:

@GERALTITUDE

Obviously, violence happens every day. But when something this horrible and this close to home happens, it effects you, or at least it effects me. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way but I would hope people could respect that (though from the responses to this thread, that seems impossible.) I was going to start playing Spec Ops tonight when I get home but I think I'll just play some Viva Piñata instead. But that's just me, I guess.

I think you're perfectly entitled to feel and react however you want to tragedies such as this. The problem comes from the idea that Giant Bomb (or anybody) shouldn't post specific content so as not to offend certain people. Especially when the content really has nothing to do with the situation other than being violent. Keep in mind, I'm not dismissing you or the OP's opinion. I'm merely stating that not everybody has to feel that way.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By cornbredx

I don't see how that is relevant to a video game website and their content. The last thing I want is for giant bomb to care what is on the news at the time when they consider what quick looks they post.

It's a tragedy. Let's not make less of it by indicating it has anything to do with video game coverage.