Anyone else having issues with XCOM on PS3?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

(Please refrain from should've played it on pc comments. I'm not part of the master race just yet.) I keep having big frame rate issues as the game slows down on several occasions during combat. The game slows down long enough for it to bother me so I'm wondering if other folks are having issues like me. Have you duders had trouble like this? Thanks. (I'm typing this on my iPhone so sorry for the typos.)

LarcenousLaugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LarcenousLaugh

That type of slow down, especially when you are scrolling the base, or a lot of PHYSICS are happening in combat, is kinda par for the course. What really kills me is this late game bug where every second mission begins in a hard lock when the Skyranger drops the squad off. Had it happen consistently this morning, and it's really disheartening considering how close I am to the end. At least I remembered to save.

IN other words, fuck us twice for not buying it on another system. Would not have made this mistake had I done my comp upgarde this year rather then waiting for next.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671

There are a few hitches, but nothing so substantial as to hinder my enjoyment.  I assume you've already tried deleting and reinstalling the game data?

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dannyodwyer  Staff

I'm having massive UI bugs on 360. Whenever I complete a mission, all B button prompts disappear. So I can never back out of a menu. Have to restart after every mission. Maddening.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Thus far I've heard of quite a few technical/game breaking issues on every platform, so probably just going to play this some time in the distant future.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I've been having weird glitches on the 360. At one point in a super difficult mission I was having it hard locked on me. Frame rate has been super annoying and from time to time certain characters will constantly have the "alien in sight" graphic on their HUD when there aren't any in sight.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Cincaid

Been playing all Saturday on 360, and I've encountered two hard locks so far. Once when loading a mission, and once while choosing hair for a soldier. Nothing I raged over, but definitely annoying. Other than that, the frame rate and everything else performance-wise have been fine.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

The one technical issue that I've had on 360 is that occasionally I'll get disc read errors (even when installed to the hard drive) and get dumped back to the dashboard. If I restart the game I can pick back up at the same moment and go several more hours without the issue popping up again. I suppose it could be a hardware issue, but I doubit it considering that I'm playing a few other games at the moment and not seeing the same issue.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Terramagi

PC version locks 100% of the time if you hit more than one Muton at the same time and they both use Intimidate.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Phatmac

So this game has a lot of bugs? Great.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

When does it happen specifically? On rounds impacting? Cover being destroyed? Basically anything that causes significant particle effects? Or is it more while the game is "thinking" about what's going to happen? Both are pretty common on the console

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By flasaltine

"Anyone else having issues with games on PS3?"

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By evanbower
@Flacracker

"Anyone else having issues with games on PS3?"

Oh shit!!!!!
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

On my 360 I have the game installed but the disc will spin harder than a game should. The way I fixed that was by signing out and signing back in. However it started when for some reason the disc started spinning again then it said it was unreadable.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@SethPhotopoulos said:

On my 360 I have the game installed but the disc will spin harder than a game should. The way I fixed that was by signing out and signing back in. However it started when for some reason the disc started spinning again then it said it was unreadable.

Sounds similar to the "disc unreadable" issue that I've seen. It would really be nice if this was fixed because getting booted out to the dashboard for no good reason is really annoying.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By falling_fast

the frame rate isn't great on ps3, but other than that, no problems so far. I'm not very far in yet, though

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By impartialgecko

Damn I was thinking of getting it on PS3.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rasmoss

@Phatmac: I'm having massive problems with it right now on PS3. Basically every other mission it crashes at the mission start. I'm almost at the end but I've given up on the game now because it's so annoying.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Levius

On the bad framerate, I think it could be due to the autosave at the start of your turn, as I only saw the framerate dive only at the start of the turn.