Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sleeping Dogs

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Recreating the thrill of Hong Kong action movies, Sleeping Dogs is an open-world crime adventure that tells the story of undercover officer Wei Shen as he infiltrates a notorious Triad organization in the streets of a fictional Hong Kong.

Anyone else just now playing Sleeping Dogs?

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deathstriker

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition is free right now on XBL. I didn't play it back when it came out. I think it was one of those games I said "I'll get to that one later". I'm having a lot of fun with it - I'm a little bit past the wedding right now. Similar to the complaints I hear about Watch Dogs 2, I kinda wish shooting was optional here, because Wei (in cut scenes and gameplay) avoids killing in the first few hours then when you get a gun it becomes a little bit like Stranglehold/Max Payne. He is a cop with an edge - not an optimistic young adult like in Watch Dogs 2, but there is a bit of disconnect there. It's nice that you're fighting a bunch of guys at once, but it doesn't feeling like it's ripping of Batman like Shadow of Mordor and others have done. It sometimes has a sense of humor without going crazy to Saints Row levels. The characters and seeing a different culture/setting is cool too.

I think I remember hearing that this game and Tomb Raider didn't sell well, but that did get a sequel, any shot for Sleeping Dogs 2?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. United Front Games got shuttered.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

No. United Front Games got shuttered.

Waypoint (Austin/Patrick's new joint) put out a story the other day talking about the pitch the Sleeping Dogs 2. I can't bring myself to read it because it'll probably bum me out haha.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not playing it, no, but I did play it late, and on the PS4 as definitive edition. I think it was last year maybe. I didn't really care for it. I thought it was all pretty middling, with some aspects just kind of underwhelming.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I claimed it because it was free, but I'm going to have a tough time adjusting to any open-world game of this ilk after playing GTA V.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By LackingSaint

I played it about a year and a half ago and it's still easily one of my favourite open-world crime games. I immediately connected with what it was going for in a way neither GTA nor Saint's Row have ever managed. Have fun!

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a few hours in on the free Xbox One version. So far, I enjoy it, not as much as GTA:V though. Can't really explain it, but it is lacking some oomf that GTA:V has.

Though I do enjoy that you have more free roam in Sleeping Dogs with respect to the beating up people without the cops noticing.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it the year it came out. Loved it. Did everything there was to do, even bought all DLC which is something I never do.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

It was amazing, I really wanted another one, I loved the setting and the story.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never did enjoy it as much as the GB duders. It's a good enough mid tier open world game and had some interesting ideas but as someone born in Hong Kong I could never appreciate it as much as I would've liked.

agenta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

While I struggle with games like GTA and don't enjoy them usually, I loved Sleeping Dogs. I really loved the setting and Wei as the main character. Would love to see a sequel.

junkiiiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this a few years ago and I absolutely loved it. Even now in a post GTA:V world (which I played and finished) there is still room for a unique open world game that is more linear than most open world games. I really do hope that someone can really muster up a sequel.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I bought it for PC years ago but I got to a point where it kept crashing. Same place no matter what I tried to change in the settings.

Was so happy to see it come up in Games with Gold, played a bunch of it again last night. So good.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought and played it a few months ago...didn't enjoy it as much as a lot of people I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.