• 61 results
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By FreakAche

Yeah sort of. But I'm also a big fan of the renaissance of 2D platformers that we're in the middle of right now.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By penguindust

Yes. I was a big fan of Metal Arms a Glitch in the System and the Ratchet & Clank franchise. I like the linear nature of them.

But what I really want is a new MaximoGhosts to Glory.

rentacop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Much prefer 2D platformers but either would be better than the shooterfest of last gen.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's my favourite genre and I'm playing through Mario Sunshine right now and it's still amazing even though the camera is a git when you really need it not to be. I got a PS2 a few years ago and played all the Ratchet games for the first time and they were better than any of the 150 or so games I've played for the 360.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Couldn't get into the Ratchet and Clank franchise but I love the Sly Cooper games and a sequel to Thieves in Time is a must for me. Jak and Daxter is a great game too but I don't like the tonal shift of its sequel and while I really liked Super Mario Galaxy the second one just felt more the same which I didn't want. New Super Mario Bros can disappear in favor for a 16 bit inspired Mario platformer or for a 3D platformer.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, but if someone made as good 3d platformer as Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped was, then I wouldn't mind since that game was brilliant. Now I feel like I need to play through that again.

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I still own all my old consoles. So no.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I love 3D platformers. I really wish they'd make a Banjo 3. Just got done playing through Nuts & Bolts and realized how much I missed those N64 platformer games. The open cartoony worlds just put me into a nice zen-like mind, feeling all relaxed while running and jumping around searching for collectibles and such. A few nights ago, I had my 7 year old start playing the first Banjo game and he's really starting to love it too.

mooncheese114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah sort of. But I'm also a big fan of the renaissance of 2D platformers that we're in the middle of right now.

me to. especially since Devs are starting to hone user created content. its why someone can invest so much time into trails or little big planet without getting bored or being a speed runner

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I do really miss the old Ratchet and Clank games. I put more hours into that series than any other during that generation. I was really hoping the new Sly game would maybe kickstart a revival but Sony did fuck-all to advertise it so that idea is dead in the water.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't say I miss them because I never really got super deep in the genre. I've really only played a small handful of 3D platformers really. None of the ones I've played, as much as I've enjoyed some of them, have really come close to what I feel a 3D platformer should be like. Super Mario Galaxy was kind of close.

I would love it if developers made more of them though.