Anyone else miss Jeff's old Points Reports from the GS days?

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hughes

When I discovered those I became hooked. For some reason watching a guy talk about his gamerscore and games he played was entertaining.

After the "incident," Jeff continued the videos a couple more times on jeffgerstmann.net, but hasn't made one in a while. I suppose most of Jeff's time is going towards the site now though, and not getting points.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cube

I miss those a hell of a lot.

He should do them again.

Hughes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hughes
Cube said:
"I miss those a hell of a lot.

He should do them again.
"
I agree to some extent, but it would be pretty much impossible for Jeff to not talk about Giant Bomb eventually. Then it's pretty much a one-man bombcast.
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz

He did them frequently on his blog, because he had no other outlet to talk to us about games. But now with the bombcast up every Tuesday, he does, so its not so important. I still think he should make some more though, even if its only once a month.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By OroJackson
HazBazz said:
"He did them frequently on his blog, because he had no other outlet to talk to us about games. But now with the bombcast up every Tuesday"
But back then he had the Hotspot to talk about game, while Points was more of an outlet to express his personal thoughts and feelings. However, I do agree that he should make some more though.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cube
Hughes said:
"Cube said:
"I miss those a hell of a lot.

He should do them again.
"
I agree to some extent, but it would be pretty much impossible for Jeff to not talk about Giant Bomb eventually. Then it's pretty much a one-man bombcast.
"
That didn't stop him when he worked at GameSpot. The Points! videos were about 1/4 about the points, and 3/4's about what's going on with the industry/what he's interested in or playing.

He's allowed to talk about Giant Bomb, but I'd be willing to bet that he's got enough self-restraint about not leaking info/rambling. You know, all those non-disclosure agreements he's probably signed in the past probably taught him what's okay to talk about and what's not.
PinkElephant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By PinkElephant

I'd love to see more "Points!", but I think he said recently that he probably wasn't going to make any more.

majid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By majid

The Points! videos were amazing, especially with the bandanas Jeff used to wear. I watched one episode twice through, the first time focusing on what Jeff was saying/doing, the other laughing at Alex in the background.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By OGCartman

Damn they were awesome, that would be great if he made more =P

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By serbsta

I wont be surprised if he starts doing them again here once things start to cool down a tad.