Anyone Else Play Games This Way

RonJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RonJ

I want to know if anyone plays there games like this. I tend to play games for maybe a few missions at a time then go on to a smaller less intense game like xbla or maybe a portable. I have done this for awhile now, when I was younger I tended to play for hours and hours at a time but I just don't feel like doing that anymore I am more happy to get into a game play for a small bit then move on. Which is why I have a massive backlog of games. I do actually have the time to spend hours and hours on games if I wanted to and I am a older gamer but I am not married or have a job which has long hours.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Marcsman

You are all alone in the galaxy.

sashimi_biscut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sashimi_biscut

As we get older our mental capacity is stretched between other obligations so an intense game can be a lot more mentally tiring than it used to be when we were younger. I've found I don't have the mental energy to do long grinding sessions like I used to, and i've become more interested in.... CASUAL GAMES!

/shame

Artigkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Artigkar

@sashimi_biscut: I don't think there is any shame in playing casual games, there are many good casual games on the market. Heck, I even play Hexic HD for xbox 360 from time to time...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

No, when there's a game, especially a newly bought game that I'm enjoying, and sometimes not, I'll play that for hours. Like Mass Effect 3, I played that for at least five hours in one sitting, and maybe another five later that day/night.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By nickux

I tend to enjoy things whether it's a game, book, etc. one at a time, as they come. So if I start a game, I don't play anything else until it's done. Likewise with books. I just find it helps me stick with things until they're finished, giving each experience my undivided attention. As far as time spent playing in one sitting, it depends on the game. I put some serious 10-hour chunks into Skyrim but also snack on games like Rayman Origins, a few levels here and there.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adziboy

@nickux said:

I tend to enjoy things whether it's a game, book, etc. one at a time, as they come. So if I start a game, I don't play anything else until it's done. Likewise with books. I just find it helps me stick with things until they're finished, giving each experience my undivided attention. As far as time spent playing in one sitting, it depends on the game. I put some serious 10-hour chunks into Skyrim but also snack on games like Rayman Origins, a few levels here and there.

I do but for a different reason. Example: Fallout 3. I played for about 20 hours, still loads to do, but then got a new game. When I went back to Fallout 3 I had NO idea what I was doing, where I was, what I was doing next etc so I just started a game. So basically 20 hours wasted.

Same with a book. If I leave it and come back, I dont have a fucking clue what was happening. Which reminds me, I haven't finished reading my new book...

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

What I end up doing a lot is play games in small bursts then piss around on thr internet for 10-15 minutes then go back to playing.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By zyn

When I start a game, I tend to finish that game (no matter how long it takes to complete it) before moving onto something else.

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sbaitso

I usually stick to maybe two or three big games at a time and some smaller stuff to break it up. Right now it's Max Payne, Dark Souls and ArmA2 punctuated by Binding of Isaac, Cave Story, and VVVVVV(or however many Vs it is), with some minecraft thrown in for good measure. Also smaller games are good podcast games so they get a lot of play there.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By doobie

i get a couple of hours each evening to game while my gf watches the shit she calls TV and that 2 hours is usually spent on the gaming im currently playing, Diablo 3 at the moment, the Witcher 2 before that, ME3 before that etc.

i tend to stick to one game until i finish it before i move on to the next.

i do play smaller bite size games but mainly on my iphone on my lunch at work or whilst having a dump

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope, I usually stick with one game and get some fairly long play sessions out of it, I could easily juggle a couple of games as I have done in the past, but now I usually end up sticking to one game (even though I might want to play the other more...)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JasonR86

No, only you because you are unique and alone.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

Nope, I tend to stick with one game for long stretches of time. There must be something wrong with you.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HerbieBug
@sashimi_biscut said:

As we get older our mental capacity is stretched between other obligations so an intense game can be a lot more mentally tiring than it used to be when we were younger. I've found I don't have the mental energy to do long grinding sessions like I used to, and i've become more interested in.... CASUAL GAMES!

/shame

No need to swing that way.  :/  

As my time is curtailed and my energy levels decreased, my interests go more towards mechanic centric games as opposed to narrative ones.  Have been playing a lot more racing and platforming games in recent years.  Things like that which jive well with a quick pick up and play mentality.