• 99 results
#1 Posted by billymagnum (769 posts) -

Just got the email from the good old Giant Bomb Emporium that my Giant Bomb Nighthawk Poster - SIGNED Nighthawk Posters are shipping. Anyone else?

#2 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1053 posts) -

Mine shipped last week! Can't wait to get it!

#3 Posted by firehawk12 (54 posts) -

I haven't received a confirmation yet... I'm hoping it's because I was one of the last ones to order it.

#4 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

I got the confirmation that my poster shipped last week. I'm looking forward to framing it and placing above my PC. Anybody know the dimensions of the poster?

#5 Posted by Claudia (42 posts) -
#6 Posted by CaLe (3943 posts) -

No. Sometimes I wonder if it'll ever ship...If it ever even existed in the first place...If I'll ever get the chance to rub it on my body...

I just don't know anymore.

#7 Posted by Rorie (2766 posts) -

We had some posters get damaged on the way to our warehouse, unfortunately. If you haven't gotten a poster yet, it may take a couple more weeks to arrive as we print more and sign them and have them messengered to the warehouse this time to prevent damage. Sorry for the delay! We will absolutely fulfill every order, though, so if you got an order confirmaton, you'll definitely get a poster.

Staff
#8 Posted by Rorie (2766 posts) -

And if you didn't get a poster, looks like we're going to have a number of them with cosmetic damage ranging from light to totally radical. We'll use some of these for giveaways and such, so keep an eye out for that.

Staff
#9 Edited by Nightriff (4971 posts) -

Got a email saying it was shipped last week, hopefully it arrives before the end of this week but we shall see.

#10 Posted by fleabeard (175 posts) -

@cale: I haven't received anything yet. Maybe your right... maybe it really was just was a dream.

#11 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -
#12 Posted by Felorn (12 posts) -

@rorie said:

We had some posters get damaged on the way to our warehouse, unfortunately. If you haven't gotten a poster yet, it may take a couple more weeks to arrive as we print more and sign them and have them messengered to the warehouse this time to prevent damage. Sorry for the delay! We will absolutely fulfill every order, though, so if you got an order confirmaton, you'll definitely get a poster.

Thanks for the info

#13 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Mine just arrived a moment ago!

#14 Posted by ripelivejam (3717 posts) -

just got mine five min ago! in pristine condition and signatures all intact so now i own the tiniest sliver of your souls!!! >:)

(it is lovely tho, thank you all)

#15 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5364 posts) -

Mine shipped about a week ago, so hopefully it comes soon. I don't mind waiting if it was one of the damaged posters Rorie mentioned above, given I still need to buy a frame for it. Crossing my fingers for the one with Alexis's signature. :)

#16 Posted by MechaFM (4 posts) -

Mine just arrived. It's pretty roughed up in the top right corner and it doesn't have any signatures even though I ordered a signed one. Hmm...

#17 Posted by ripelivejam (3717 posts) -

@mechafm said:

Mine just arrived. It's pretty roughed up in the top right corner and it doesn't have any signatures even though I ordered a signed one. Hmm...

wow that sucks. pretty sure @rorie can help you out.

#18 Edited by billymagnum (769 posts) -

@mechafm said:

oh crap looks like a burner made it through the QA dept. if i were you id be excited because you'll probably get something good for the fowl-up.

#19 Posted by MechaFM (4 posts) -

I contacted Social Imprints and they're sending me out a new one tomorrow morning that's actually signed. Not sure what happened, but hopefully the next one I get is actually signed.

#20 Posted by Rorie (2766 posts) -

@mechafm said:

I contacted Social Imprints and they're sending me out a new one tomorrow morning that's actually signed. Not sure what happened, but hopefully the next one I get is actually signed.

Holly works right at the warehouse, so hopefully she'll take care of it!

Staff
#21 Edited by cutyoface (542 posts) -

I haven't got a confirmation yet but I am in Europe so I don't know if I would get such a mail.

#22 Posted by Oceaniax (15 posts) -

@rorie: Bummer, well thanks for the heads-up. So it's looking like end of March/beginning of April for the rest?

#23 Edited by SgtSphynx (1329 posts) -

Should receive mine on Friday. Unfortunately, I won't be home this weekend so hopefully my brothers can do me a solid.

#24 Posted by shinboy630 (1134 posts) -

Got the email that it shipped like a week ago. The UPS tracking still has "Order Processed: Ready for UPS". Anyone else in this same boat?

#25 Posted by MajorZiggy (40 posts) -

Do the people that used USPS get an e-mail for that it's being shipped?

That was the cheapest option for Europe, and for a broke college student.

#26 Edited by Veri7as (31 posts) -

Got mine today. But whoever packaged it destroyed the bottom edge. Hoping there's something that can be done about that, @rorie.

#27 Edited by hpfama (10 posts) -

Just got this in my e-mail:

Hello!

This is Rorie from Giant Bomb. If you're receiving this email, you ordered a Nighthawks poster from us sometime in the last month or so. Many of you have likely already received shipping confirmation emails, and some of you have already received your posters, in which case you can go ahead and stop reading now, you lucky devil! The rest of you, though...

Unfortunately a number of the signed posters were damaged after leaving Giant Bomb to the warehouse where they were going to be tubed up and shipped out. We know that many of you are going to be framing this print, and we obviously don't want to ship anything out that's going to leave you disappointed, so rather than ship out a product that might not live up to your expectations, we've decided to print a few hundred more posters, have them delivered directly to Giant Bomb, sign them, then ship them via a messenger service to the warehouse to prevent more damage. When they arrive, all remaining orders will be fulfilled.

I really apologize for the delays in getting these posters out to you. I've definitely learned a lot from the whole endeavour (namely: selling signed posters is a hell of a hassle), but hopefully the poster will arrive nice and shiny if you haven't already received it. If you've changed your mind on this whole poster business, feel free to get in touch at support@giantbomb.com and I can cancel and refund your order.

Apologies again,

Rorie

#28 Posted by ChrisTaran (1579 posts) -

Guess I'm one of the damaged posters. Thought I'd make it through as I bought mine in the very first reveal (before they got pulled the first time), so guess they didn't go out in the order the the posters were bought.

Ah well, will be worth the wait!

#29 Posted by honeycut1 (142 posts) -

Yep, I got the same email about the damaged posters. I'm glad they're keeping us updated and I'm looking forward to when the poster makes its way to my house.

#30 Posted by Goney (22 posts) -

Still waiting to get a shipping notification myself. I'm not too worried though, sounds like they'll be getting things under control soon enough.

#31 Posted by Dizzmotron (36 posts) -

@veri7as said:

Got mine today. But whoever packaged it destroyed the bottom edge. Hoping there's something that can be done about that, @rorie.

Yeah, same here. Mine arrived today and it is pretty banged up. Kind of unfortunate that these posters seem to have turned into a nightmare for Rorie with the ordering and shipping issues.

#32 Posted by Rorie (2766 posts) -

@veri7as: @dizzmotron: Please email orders@socialimprints.com if you have a damaged poster; you might want to take a picture of the damage and send it along, too. CC in support at giantbomb.com and I can follow up if they don't get back to you. Sorry for the trouble.

Staff
#33 Posted by vegoku (97 posts) -

No email for me yet, but I'm going to be patient since I got one from the last batch.

#34 Edited by TruthTellah (8716 posts) -

@rorie Is there a chance yall might sell some of the damaged posters to some of us who missed out on the poster?

I was really wanting one, but I missed the first run and the second was sold too late at night. I wouldn't mind a damaged one; kind of sounds like it might have some added personality. Instead of tossing them or having them go unappreciated, you could help some of us who missed out. :)

#35 Posted by Mittt (45 posts) -

I received a shipping confirmation on the 13th but the USPS tracking still only says "Electronic Shipping Info Received". No worries though! I trust the duders on high.

#36 Posted by Rorie (2766 posts) -

@rorie Is there a chance yall might sell some of the damaged posters to some of us who missed out on the poster?

I was really wanting one, but I missed the first run and the second was sold too late at night. I wouldn't mind a damaged one; kind of sounds like it might have some added personality. Instead of tossing them or having them go unappreciated, you could help some of us who missed out. :)

we should have a few hundred of them extra all told, so I'm sure we'll find something stupid to do with them.

Staff
#37 Edited by TruthTellah (8716 posts) -

@rorie said:

@truthtellah said:

we should have a few hundred of them extra all told, so I'm sure we'll find something stupid to do with them.

ha. Well, stupid is cool. (though hopefully folks like myself that tried to buy it can have a chance)

I have faith in your machinations for them.

#38 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5364 posts) -

@hpfama: I just received the same email. Really too bad to here about the damaged posters. I trust in Gb enough to know it'll all get worked out in time though.

#39 Edited by Fattony12000 (7252 posts) -

Mine was shipped on Tuesday! Yay! I super super super hope I don't get a fucked up one. Gonna go and get my picture framers to start making up a custom frame for me today! Yay!

I have to say that I was somewhat aghast and more than a little damply shocked at the poster handling and discipline on display during the stream.

I WANT THAT ALEXIS CHASE RARE VERSION THOUGH, GODDAMN.

#40 Edited by Siked (25 posts) -

Haven't got an email saying its shipped or from @rorie

:s

Edit: Just got the email from Rorie. Panic over.

#41 Edited by wonderva (64 posts) -

I got an email saying my order shipped last Thursday the 13th, but when clicking the tracker via USPS, I get the same message of "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Weird since I live in Southern California and usually it only takes 2-3 days to get stuff that I order from Giantbomb. I wonder if I got a damaged one and they will replace it, thats why I haven't gotten my poster yet.

#42 Posted by YoThatLimp (1895 posts) -

@wonderva said:

I got an email saying my order shipped last Thursday the 13th, but when clicking the tracker via USPS, I get the same message of "Electronic Shipping Info Received". Weird since I live in Southern California and usually it only takes 2-3 days to get stuff that I order from Giantbomb. I wonder if I got a damaged one and they will replace it, thats why I haven't gotten my poster yet.

Mine was like that until yesterday, when it changed to shipped.

#43 Edited by preheatedbibby (46 posts) -
#44 Posted by billymagnum (769 posts) -

man i feel for ya @rorie thanks for all YOUR trouble

i think everyone regardless of whether or not your poster shipped should have gotten this recent email:

Hello! This is Rorie from Giant Bomb. If you're receiving this email, you ordered a Nighthawks poster from us sometime in the last month or so. Many of you have likely already received shipping confirmation emails, and some of you have already received your posters, in which case you can go ahead and stop reading now, you lucky devil! The rest of you, though...

Unfortunately a number of the signed posters were damaged after leaving Giant Bomb to the warehouse where they were going to be tubed up and shipped out. We know that many of you are going to be framing this print, and we obviously don't want to ship anything out that's going to leave you disappointed, so rather than ship out a product that might not live up to your expectations, we've decided to print a few hundred more posters, have them delivered directly to Giant Bomb, sign them, then ship them via a messenger service to the warehouse to prevent more damage. When they arrive, all remaining orders will be fulfilled. I really apologize for the delays in getting these posters out to you. I've definitely learned a lot from the whole endeavour (namely: selling signed posters is a hell of a hassle), but hopefully the poster will arrive nice and shiny if you haven't already received it. If you've changed your mind on this whole poster business, feel free to get in touch at support@giantbomb.com and I can cancel and refund your order. Apologies again,

Rorie

#46 Posted by wonderva (64 posts) -

@wonderva said:

But I got USPS first class mail so that means 2-3 days shipping, and I got the e-mail saying my order was shipped on Thursday 3-13-14, and it's been saying the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since 3-18-14. So I think there may have been a mishap.

#47 Edited by brutushayesosu (116 posts) -

Received mine today in Columbus, Ohio. Undamaged. Now to find a frame.

#48 Posted by billymagnum (769 posts) -

@wonderva said:

@yothatlimp said:

@wonderva said:

But I got USPS first class mail so that means 2-3 days shipping, and I got the e-mail saying my order was shipped on Thursday 3-13-14, and it's been saying the "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since 3-18-14. So I think there may have been a mishap.

im in a similar boat...mine still says info received too since the 18th...

#49 Posted by MosaicM80 (226 posts) -

Just got my poster in and wow, it does look like someone used the tube as a baseball bat! The poster itself looks like it went through some sort of grinding machine! I'm certainly not upset at the Giant Bomb folks, I'm more upset at UPS. I really wanted to frame this but it just looks horrendous. I hope I'm in the minority here and most of these posters look really good. Also just FYI, I don't want a refund or new poster as I know how hard and probably expensive all this is. Now I see why Rorie was saying this was all a nightmare.

#50 Edited by YoThatLimp (1895 posts) -

Just got my poster in and wow, it does look like someone used the tube as a baseball bat! The poster itself looks like it went through some sort of grinding machine! I'm certainly not upset at the Giant Bomb folks, I'm more upset at UPS. I really wanted to frame this but it just looks horrendous. I hope I'm in the minority here and most of these posters look really good. Also just FYI, I don't want a refund or new poster as I know how hard and probably expensive all this is. Now I see why Rorie was saying this was all a nightmare.

No way duder, ask social imprints for an exchange.

Email sales@socialimprints.com and support@giantbomb.com