Anyone Else's Poster Ship?

• 100 results
icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Got my poster and the top left corner is pretty banged up. Guess I'll send out an email.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok ive been upgraded to "picked up in south san fran" im honestly expecting the worst after reading the majority of posts....

:(

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#53 FinalDasa  Moderator

No email yet, assuming I was one of the damaged posters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ooph mine won't be here until next thursday at the earliest.

SUSPENSE.

Malarkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Malarkain

No email from Rorie or about shipping. I'll give it another week before emailing

wonderva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To update I got my poster today. I think the Giantbomb Emporium email and/or social imprints communication may not be the best with the USPS. I'll summarize the shipping process for me for those still waiting. I chose first class mail which typically is for 2-3 days from the day its shipped (plus weekends)

Thursday 3/13 - Got email from Giant Bomb store saying my poster was shipped and I got a tracking number

Kept checking on the tracking number for few days to see its status (I am going on vacation so I wanted to get poster before I left)

Tuesday 3/18 - Tracking on USPS's website got updated to "Electronic Billing Information Received"

It stuck on this status until today, so I was expecting to get the poster next week or later

Friday 3/21 - As I was about to leave for vacation I saw the tube outside. I then refreshed the USPS site and got alot of status updates saying that the poster arrived at sorting facility, then left it, then out for delivery etc. So I guess USPS doesn't update their tracking service right away with statuses.

After reading these posts, I was afraid about getting a damaged poster but my poster tube had no dents, and the poster itself is in perfect condition. Really enjoy it, now I am off to buy a frame. Thanks @rorie!

HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By HibikiRush

Anyone have any suggestions for frames for these? I want the exact size but also ideally would want an acid-free backing which a lot of the cheaper frames don't come with and usually have just a cardboard...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hibikirush: the poster is 36x18. if possible get one from ikea. they have nice affordable frames where as walmarts frames tend to look ugly and are usually plastic. you dont need a special frame you need acid free framing paper.

mine will be here thursday. i hope they didn't get f'ed up....

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#60  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Well, I got my poster today and to my surprise it was in perfect condition. There were two very small folded corners, but the rest was pristine. I honestly expected a lot worse. I'm so happy it worked out, and I'm real sorry to the ones who got busted posters. :( Anyways, I guess I need to buy a real nice frame for it now.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Slow_pC

Looks like mychoice shows it coming tomorrow afternoon , WIll have to grab a frame on the way back. 36x18 correct from the post above?

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

My poster showed up tonight. Other than it having a few cuts and tears in the top left corner from careless packing, it's in great shape. Vinny has the best signature.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@slow_pc said:

36x18 correct from the post above?

Yep.

mechafm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got my replacement poster, this time with signatures and no tearing! Holly was extremely helpful and the replacement shipped out the next day so kudos to social imprints.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#65  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@rorie I just opened up my signed poster and it's pretty fucked up on the top right corner and bent on the bottom right. There is another little tear but I can tolerate that one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just got mine. i think im gonna get replacements. i have roughed corners which really don't matter BUT there are crinkles across the length posters, in the middle. it just looks bad.

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For those looking for a decent poster frame. They offer 18 x 36 frames, and if you're content with a regular-ass black frame, then you can get one for roughly $28. I got mine the other day, and the poster fits perfectly.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I still haven't gotten any shipping confirmation, does that mean mine was definitely one of the damaged ones @rorie?

Telexen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to use some Google kung-fu to find this thread because I was starting to worry. I didn't even receive the email @rorie sent out explaining the situation...maybe because I used PayPal?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By fattony12000

Had to pay an extra £16 to pick this up, thanks The Queen.

No Caption Provided

Totally worth it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie so i emailed social imprints last Thursday about my order and i still haven't heard a word back. is this normal response time?

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got my poster today :D

PlasmaMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my poster, I got one of the uncommon ones where Brad imprinted his thumb on his signature...GUESS WHO HAS THUMBPRINT IDENTIFICATION NOW, MR. SHOEMAKER.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By rorie

@rorie so i emailed social imprints last Thursday about my order and i still haven't heard a word back. is this normal response time?

Their warehouse was moving this weekend, so I believe they had some delayed response times between Thursday and today. If you haven't heard back from them by tomorrow I would reach out to them. Sorry for the trouble!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: ok thanks. im hoping to have this sorted out in time for PAX. btw, are they going to take the damaged posters back from me or are they just going to let me keep them? if so, i could bring them to PAX as giveaways

Stoneious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#76  Edited By Stoneious

I was happy to see it arrived, but it's damaged. :(

No Caption Provided

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Siked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Siked

Still not got an email saying its shipped :s

Can see getting this poster turn into a massive hassle.

Avatar image for congruentpotato
CongruentPotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By CongruentPotato

@siked: Same for me. I have my purchase confirmation from Feb. 4th, and I haven't received anything since then. It's almost been two months, kind of a bummer. I'm not complaining, though. I know there were a lot of issues getting these things out there.

redmartian50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got mine today, nice dent in the side which in turn both copies of my poster, singed and unsigned are damages all across the top of the posters. Just about as bad as some ME2 lithos i got a while back, when the bioware store had lots of issues with shipping.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#82  Edited By bacongames

Just to throw in my experience the poster came rather fast and was in more or less perfect condition. Glad to know mine came out unscathed.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@billymagnum: Thanks for the heads-up, duder! Hope you get that all sorted out before Pax!

preheatedbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By preheatedbibby

Should I be worried if I never received anything past the initial order number? I know @rorie said that there were problems and I'm fine with waiting, but I figured the shipping company would've at least reached out and said something.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If there's any damage with the posters that you receive, please get in touch with orders@socialimprints.com.

We have the last batch of posters in the office now and just need to sign them and get them shipped back over to the warehouse.

Siked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Siked

@rorie: Thanks for the update, I assume my poster is in the last batch then. Fingers crossed it travels to the UK safely.

darkfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Not got a notification that it's been sent, but based on your last post, @rorie, I will hold fire on reaching out to Social Imprints. Please let us know if we should start knocking on their door, though.

preheatedbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By preheatedbibby

@billymagnum: unfortunately, it does seem like this is the case

@rorie thanks for the update, i actually received a shipping notification so we are good to go!

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not heard anything since that e-mail that went out a fortnight ago to everyone. Sorry if you've said it before @rorie, but where's the best e-mail address that I can send any enquires too?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not heard anything since that e-mail that went out a fortnight ago to everyone. Sorry if you've said it before @rorie, but where's the best e-mail address that I can send any enquires too?

orders@socialimprints.com

they are a bit slow atm what with the new warehouse and all. i finally got a response yesterday telling me they would respond later in the week and ship out new posters.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum: Thanks duder, I shall pen an eloquently worded message to the enquiring as to what's happening with my poster.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

If there's any damage with the posters that you receive, please get in touch with orders@socialimprints.com.

We have the last batch of posters in the office now and just need to sign them and get them shipped back over to the warehouse.

I'm guessing mine is part of this last batch that needed re-signed. I got a shipping notification 10 days ago but the tracking still says USPS is waiting for the seller to drop off the parcel. Any updates @rorie, or should I contact Social Imprints?

Telexen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Telexen

@patchmaster: Mine showed up yesterday without ever changing status beyond "Electronic Shipping Info Received."

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By FunkyHugo

Yeah, mine "shipped" on the eighth of month, but USPS is still showing a status of "electronic shipping info received." I guess I'll have to look into it.

Avatar image for hydrotherion1979
hydrotherion1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By hydrotherion1979

Got my poster this week but sadly it wrinkled in one corner... But most won't notice it because of where i'm hanging it. A little bit of advice for the next time to social imprints... DON'T package the poster naked in tubes. You should always roll the poster in either plastic bubbles or just plain 80gr offset paper. Preferably cut bigger then the poster for some protection during transportation but i also think a lot of damage has been done while rolling the poster and then they put in the tubes too firmly. Still a great poster !

No Caption Provided

biscuitsandtim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chango: Same with mine but it "shipped" on April 3rd. I emailed Social Imprints on the 15th but haven't heard back except for the "Request received" email. I'm getting antsy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i got my replacements right after PAX. i had no idea they were on their way, i was still waiting to here back from social imprints. whatever they arrived perfectly.

@rorie Sorry i thought id get more of a chance to thank you in person for all this poster craziness. I bumped into on my way to the restroom at the Whiskey Priest. Had I known how fast that situation was going to escalate, I would have hung out a bit to chat. Regardless, THANK YOU.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biscuitsandtim: Yeah, I just sent them an email as well. Hopefully this gets sorted out. Would be a real shame if the poster got lost somewhere.

biscuitsandtim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chango: my tracking info updated this morning to say it's at the post office and it arrived this afternoon. It's in pretty good shape except for a little crinkling on the side but you can't even notice it. Hopefully yours shows up soon as well. I don't know if the delay had anything to do with ground shipping all the way to New Jersey but I'm just glad it got here.