Anyone feel bad for Curt Schilling?

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MC_Izawa

His game is gonna crash and burn, I think.  MMOs aren't the best way to make money.  Or rather, they're the best way to lose money.  It seems like he used his fame and money to go "GET ME THE GUY WHO CREATED DRIZZT!  AND THE ONE WHO DID SPAWN!  AND THAT COOL GUY FROM GAMESPOT!  AND THAT DUDE WHO MADE EQ!"  Who knows, maybe they have a crazy trick up their sleeve.  I think WAR showed us that trying to compete with WoW at its own game is a bad idea.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

No, but that's because I'm a Yankees fan.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I don't feel sorry for him, because he's rich, but he's played a lot of video games. I've read and seen interviews with him talking about Ultima Online, so he might be a gamer who knows what he likes in his MMOs.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By the8bitNacho
MC_Izawa said:
"His game is gonna crash and burn, I think.  MMOs aren't the best way to make money.  Or rather, they're the best way to lose money.  It seems like he used his fame and money to go "GET ME THE GUY WHO CREATED DRIZZT!  AND THE ONE WHO DID SPAWN!  AND THAT COOL GUY FROM GAMESPOT!  AND THAT DUDE WHO MADE EQ!"  Who knows, maybe they have a crazy trick up their sleeve.  I think WAR showed us that trying to compete with WoW at its own game is a bad idea."
Yet LotRO showed us that it was a good idea.  All things come to an end.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

I used to listen to Curt on the podcast The Instance: A World of Warcraft Podcast.  He's a bright guy with a passion for MMOs and a lot of knowledge on the subject.  I don't feel sorry for him, though.  Not because he's rich or because I am a bitter Yankees fan (which are both true), but because I don't know that his game is going to fail.  Vin Diesel is a famous guy, too who made some fun games, too.  I still believe that there is more room in the genre of MMOs that aren't affiliated with Blizzard. I don't know if Schilling's game will be able to compete with the Jumpgates, SW Old Republics, Agencies, Earthrises & various superheroes MMOs of the world, but it stands as good a chance as any of them since they'll all be vying for the public's attention. 

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jimbo7676

We just have to trust that Rich Gallup will keep the team on track.