#1 Posted by markini6 (445 posts) -

Like the title says really, just wondering if anyone else is in the same position where they have both consoles preordered, but aren't crazy enough or too scared of their girlfriend/wife to get both. Being in the UK, with the PS4 not coming out until the very end of November, I can at least benefit from US reviews of launch titles and hopefully it'll be a similar situation for the Xbox, which could also allow for comparison articles. Chatter from PAX and Gamescom seems to indicate that the dualshock 4 is now the best controller out there, with the sticks being too loose and having awkward shoulder buttons on the One's controller. The One's exclusives interest me more at the moment, but I love me some Infamous and currently have a year remaining on my PS+ account. Shit be tied.

So is anyone else waiting until the last moment to decide which preorder to cancel or which console to buy? A dangerous idea of getting both and returning the one I don't like to Amazon/selling on ebay for profit if there are shortages has begun to gestate in my brain. Hmmm.

#2 Edited by Davvyk (694 posts) -

I have both pre ordered and i was leaning towards PS4, now XBOX One. Ill leave it until as late as possible to cancel a pre order though.

#3 Edited by Davvyk (694 posts) -

I have both pre ordered and i was leaning towards PS4, now XBOX One. Ill leave it until as late as possible to cancel a pre order though.

#4 Edited by Kidavenger (3526 posts) -

I think I'm one of the few people that didn't like the 360, so it made my decision very easy; between my PC/WiiU/Vita and incoming PS4, there just isn't enough time to even consider the XB1 even if I had any interest.

#5 Posted by ozzdog12 (859 posts) -

@markini6: I don't have either one pre-ordered, but I slowly find myself interested in each one more,equally. I've never bought a major system at launch and I don't plan on it this either

#6 Posted by adam1808 (1425 posts) -

Yep, I'm leaning toward the PS4 but the PS3 was looking like the winner running up to release back in 06. You can never tell.

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6399 posts) -

Nah, I'm sure The Wire is a great show, but I'm not going to let it tell me what console to buy.

#9 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4184 posts) -

Hmno. XONE at launch.

#10 Posted by Blargonaut (146 posts) -

I want a PS4 more overall, but Titanfall looks so damn cool. I'm just gonna wait until after they launch and then decide.

#11 Posted by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

No doubt in my mind. I won't be getting either.

#12 Posted by Phr4nk0 (349 posts) -

To be honest I've been leaning towards the Xbox One since E3. The games are more appealing to me, however I never pre-order and always wait until the first price drop before picking up any new hardware. I see no reason to jump in day one, the excitement wains quickly and you end up with one or two good launch games to tide you over for months, besides I've got a major backlog to work though here. When it finally comes time to buy one of the new consoles I'll actually have a release line up to compare instead of promises and a whole bunch of information on the internet to help me make the best choice.

#13 Posted by Dayve86 (49 posts) -

I'm sure I'll have both at some point, but right now I don't have any real interest to get either. I'll play most of the multiplatform games on PC. Forza 5 is the only launch game for either system that's really pulling me, but I'm not in a rush to play it. I'll get which ever one has the better library sometime next year I'd say, and most likely get the other console a few years after that to catch up on the exclusives.

#14 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

100% certain I won't be getting either. I was ready to get a PS4 until they announced that it was going to have monthly fees saddled onto it if you want to use any aspect of it. So I will be sticking with my PC until it shakes out and if they ever release enough single player exclusives worth buying a system for.

#15 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5363 posts) -

I have both preordered, but I only plan to get one. I'm leaning toward Ps4, but I'm thinking about it. I've got a while to decide.

#16 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5351 posts) -

Down to the wire of like 2-3 years in the future when there's actually good games out sure. My natural inclination is to PS4 and all these shenanigans only shifted that further but the games will still suck at launch regardless; if the 720 has Vagrant Story 2 I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

#17 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Eh I won't be getting either. Neither of them seem interesting enough to justify spending $400 and multiple $60 games for it. I'll be sticking with PC+Wii U.

#19 Posted by JayEH (521 posts) -

I have both preordered will most likely cancel my PS4 and keep the xbox.

#20 Posted by SomberOwl (649 posts) -

I have both preordered. I have only COD:Ghosts and Watch_Dogs preordered for Xbox One. I'm hoping the Xbox releases before PS4 so I can hold off on that console until its exclusives start rolling out. The ones I want. Xbox will always be my multiplayer/FPS machine just because that's where my friends are and the controller I like more for FPS games (although the new duel shock may change that).

There is no PS4 exclusives on day one that really make it a must buy day one, but if it's out before the Xbox i'll probably pick it up anyway.

#21 Posted by wallee321 (79 posts) -

The last 3 or 4 years, really did it for me with MS's usual first party line: Gears & Fable year A, Halo & Forza year B, plus some random Kinnect crap each fall. I have no interest in Kinnect, and MS only changed all their polices after EVERYONE called bs on them and they were getting killed in the pre-order numbers.

I like how Sony's first party offering are varied: Racket and Clank, Sly, Last of Us, Puppeteer, Beyond, Rain

I'm still probably going to do most of my indie games on PC, since I think the price will still be hard to beat. But, it will depend on AAA titles, how big of gap is there? Do I want to sit at my desk or on the couch to play this?

#22 Posted by big_jon (5723 posts) -

Xbox One and the Wii U this fall for me.

#23 Edited by phantomzxro (1569 posts) -

100% certain I won't be getting either. I was ready to get a PS4 until they announced that it was going to have monthly fees saddled onto it if you want to use any aspect of it. So I will be sticking with my PC until it shakes out and if they ever release enough single player exclusives worth buying a system for.

If you don't want to pay for online play i guess i can understand but that info is not quite right. You would only need plus for online MP. Free to play and all other known services you won't need plus to use. That may or may not change your mind but at least the info is on point.

#24 Posted by phantomzxro (1569 posts) -

I'm lock in for the ps4 at launch and i'm sure at some point i will get an xbox one but i'm not to fond of the games and i don't like how their launch went down. I won't reward that, so next year ill see if Microsoft got their stuff together and pick one up if so. Wii u i'll get when the heavy hitter are released for it.

#25 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I already decided. I'm going to keep my Ps3 and save up some money for a PC.

#26 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -

Almost certain it will be PS4, but I'm in no rush to get either. None of the early exclusives look appealing and PC has most of the multi-plat stuff covered.

#27 Posted by Rabbykayn (221 posts) -

I have both pre-ordered, but my plan is to only buy one. I think it will be PS4 because of the Vita stuff. I do plan on getting the Xbox One in the Spring to play Titanfall

#28 Edited by Knigge (204 posts) -

Pretty sure I'm getting the XB1 now. But there's no harm in letting my PS4 pre-order sit there for another month. Just in case.

#29 Posted by Grilledcheez (3945 posts) -

I'm getting the PS4 at launch because it's cheaper, and then will follow with XB1 probably in the spring or SOMETHING

#30 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

If you don't want to pay for online play i guess i can understand but that info is not quite right. You would only need plus for online MP. Free to play and all other known services you won't need plus to use. That may or may not change your mind but at least the info is on point.

It's my understanding that they have not detailed what will and will not be included in it beyond a tweet saying netflix will not be included. Either way, if I have to pay for any single "feature" that I get already for free on my PC it's unacceptable to me. That's the base line I have going into this and so far I seen no reason to get either of the systems as they have not come close to matching what I get already on my PC.

#31 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I don't buy consoles at launch,.

#32 Edited by John1912 (1853 posts) -

Ive always been pro MS as Sony has always put REALLY shit proprietary hardware into their systems. They finally didnt do that this time so Im hard pressed to stay pro MS. MS has botched their PR this time pretty badly so I had been leaning PS4 esp being $100 cheaper. There just arent any exclusives I really want from their launch though. Ive enjoyed the past Dead Rising games a lot so thinking I may go with Xbox 1. Not like Sony hasnt fucked up before. I mean Jesus, that whole cult thing of Sony fans will want to pay more, work harder, they will know discipline?

#33 Posted by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

I have my preorder for PS4, but I'm thinking about cancelling it and waiting til sometime next year. I'm leaning towards picking up a Wii U at the end of the month and shouldn't get both in the same year.

#34 Posted by Dacnomaniac (442 posts) -

Nope, PC all the way for me, might buy a PS4 after a price drop....

#35 Posted by Dimsey (949 posts) -

I'll probably wind up with both sooner or later, probably sooner.
But initially at least I'll be grabbing the Xbox One.
The games it has right out of the gate appeal to me more than those on the PS4.

That and I'll probably wind up doing basically what I did this gen, picking the Xbox version of any multiplatform games and mainly having the Playstation for its exclusives.
Also I'm not a big achievement whore, but I do like seeing them pop up and I'm more invested in that than the trophies.
Ain't quite ready to jump off that bandwagon even if I ain't fully on it.