Anyone looking forward to Gamescom 2012?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MocBucket62

I'm not sure how anyone else is feeling for this year's Gamescom, but I've gotten pretty excited for it. If you're not aware of what Gamescom is, here's a link to it. 

This year Gamescom will take place from August 14-19 and we'll get 4 press conferences from the following: 

Capcom will have they're press conference on Tuesday at 5pm EST, but Capcom is the only one of the 4 companies to not allow a livestream of their PC. Their lineup includes Resident Evil 6, Lost Planet 3 the new Devil May Cry and a reveal of a new game. Please Capcom make the reveal awesome like a new Powerstone reboot or something that will touch our nostalgic hearts!  

EA will present next at 5 pm EST and their lineup includes games we'd expect to be their like Crysis 3, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Dead Space 3 and Sim City. There are suppose to be two new reveals from EA so it sounds like this won't be a complete copy of EA's Press conference from E3. 

Then Sony will have their Press conference at 1 pm EST (Dammit, to late for me!) and will show off more of their games that were just shown at E3, such as The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, Sony Smash Bros and sadly Wonderbook: Book of Spells. Like EA though Sony will have two new games to reveal so hopefully those reveals look promising. 

Ubisoft will host the last press conference on Wednesday at 9 am EST and their lineup has no surprise reveals(Then again they already did that at E3 with Watch Dogs) Their lineup does include Assassin's Creed 3, AC3 Liberation, Far Cry 3, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, ZombiU, Ghost Recon Online, Shootmania: Storm and Rayman Legends. 

While I am looking forward to the game reveals at the press conference, I'm looking more forward to seeing other game demoes at this event. One of them is Sega's Total War Rome 2, which was confirmed by Creative Assembly employee Craig Laycock that Sega will demonstrate the Battle of Carthage to the public. Don't know if its Pre-Alpha or Alpha, but damn I don't care, I just want some Rome 2 gameplay footage!  

Also, Warner Bros, though won't have a press conference, will have 2 surprise reveals too. They'll also show more Injustice: Gods Among Us and most liekly will show new characters at Gamescom. 

I don't know about you duders but I'm frankly getting more excited for Gamescom than I was after E3. What do you think of Gamescom and are you all excited for it?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#2  Edited By BeachThunder

@MocBucket62 said:

EA will present next at 5 pm EST and their lineup includes games we'd expect to be their like Crysis 3, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Dead Space 3 and Sim City. There are suppose to be two new reveals from EA so it sounds like this won't be a complete copy of EA's Press conference from E3.

I seriously hope one of them is Mirror's Edge 2 :o

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BaneFireLord

I love video game news.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Strife777

Of course! Video game news is always fun. It might not be E3, but you can usually expect some reveals or announcements there, so I'm always looking forward to those events. Same for TGS.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MocBucket62
@BeachThunder: I never played the first Mirror's Edge, but I've heard great things about it. It would be a smart move on EA to announce Mirror Edge 2.
BBG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BBG

@BaneFireLord said:

I love video game news.

what he said.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Seppli

GTAV. Need I say more? Because that's going to happen. Major info drop expected tomorrow. Trailer & 2012 Release Date I say.