Anyone playing along with Drew in MGS2?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Once this series started I decided to play along with Drew. I am trying to just stay a head of him and then see what he would struggle on or see if there is any secrets that I may have missed, and is actually giving me an appreciation for these games.

Anyone else playing along? I gotta say though, I am pretty bad at Metal Gear and the only game I beat in this series is MGS3, but I get some joy being better than someone else at this game.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I actually recently acquired a mint copy of PS2 MGS2: Substance. Metal Gear Scanlon has been at least partially responsible for this purchase since I played MGS2 when it was new and think it's probably the worst game of the main series.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nope, I don't own MGS2 so I'm waiting until they play MGS3 to play along.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would have if it wasn't for the fact that I finished a month before they started.

Stefanten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was playing along, staying just ahead of Drew like you, but I found myself enjoying the videos way more than the actual game so I almost decided to quit. What got me into playing it again was actually watching Drew go to Strut F instead of B, and getting the M9 early. I suck at sneaking so the M9 was a necessity for me and I enjoyed the game a lot more after that. I ended up not wanting to stop playing and beat it in two days. Now I can't wait for Drew's reactions to the story in this wonderful game.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By audiosnow

I played through MGS ahead of Drew, but I lagged behind (read: stopped playing) at the metal gear section. I still haven't played or watched past that. And not too long ago I bought a PS2, MGS 2, and MGS 3 at various Goodwills, so as soon as I finish MGS 1 I can move on and continue to fail to keep up with the series...

EDIT: Oh, and I also own Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox. Should I play the original on PS2 or should I play the improved Substance?

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I was "playing along" for about one episode's worth, but then I just sped forward and finished it. I like #2 a whole lot, but still, Snake Eater is definitely the one I'm most looking forward to Drew playing.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By development

I have been. I let myself get ahead of where Drew is and I don't recommend it. It's better to forget the small details until after Drew plays the part, so you're not sitting there fretting over "man, he just needs to do X or Y!" I got up to the next boss fight and now I'm over here waiting for Drew to catch up, which might take another 2 episodes.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@mlarrabee: I'd just stay with the original unless you really want other features that people who are really into these games. I am playing on the HD collection and it seems fine.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I played through 2 and 3 beforehand. Spent the entire time picturing Dan and Drew making comments and jokes, haha.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I was up until recently, and then I realised I wasn't playing it because I wanted to, rather I played it to keep up with Drew. There are a lot of great things about MGS2 for sure, but I'm just not having any fun playing it. This is in stark contrast to MGS1 whereby I played alongside Drew for the first episode and then went on to finish it before episode 4.