Anyone use the site Darkadia? It's Whiskey Powered.

• 69 results
Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wes

No Caption Provided
I just stumbled on the website Darkadia thanks to Google. At first it looked like just another game site, but what caught my attention was the tag at the bottom of the page that said it was Whiskey Powered. The site lets you create a game library, and it draws the game information from GiantBomb's wiki pages. Personally I just use the list feature on GB for my library, but I can see some people preferring a more visual, iBook style appearance for theirs.

Anyone use this site? Any other Whiskey Powered sites you guys know of? (aside from the ones at the bottom of the page, obviously)

EDIT: Well I decided to make any account, it's still incomplete but feel free to browse: http://darkadia.com/member/Wes/library
beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By beforeseven

I'm the developer of Darkadia, and I just wanted to chip in here to say thanks for the mention. The site's still young and very much in active development. You can check the roadmap for a list of planned features. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear about it

@Wes mentioned the "iBooks" style library -- Darkadia actually predates iBooks  -- but here's my own library if you wanted to take a look: http://darkadia.com/member/tinylogan

beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By beforeseven

No import options whatsoever at the moment -- definitely coming though. To compensate, adding games to your library is blindingly fast.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vodun
@beforeseven: Broken Sword is the only game you ever finished? Man, you must have a very short attention span ;)
Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777

Huh, that's kind of a neat idea.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By xyzygy

I am officially obsessed. 

@beforeseven: Can't wait to see what new features you come up with. I already made my profile :)

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By craigbo180

Seems like a cool idea... I hope I wasn't the only one who tried to sign in with my whiskey account. :)

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sameeeeam
That's a neat idea.
beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By beforeseven

@Vodun: Ugh, don't remind me. :)  

I think I'll add a "wall of shame" button to show you those games you bought but haven't finished... just to give me a kick in the pants.

beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By beforeseven

@xyzygy :)  ... post your library here when you're done!

MisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MisterChief

Does the site just use the WM api? What's it coded in?

Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wes
@beforeseven: Glad to be of service man, I'll make sure to keep checking the site out as it improves. 

Oh and two questions, What inspired the name Darkadia? And any thoughts on a movie library using the Screened wiki?
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By Little_Socrates

Definitely going to fill mine out when it's not 2 in the morning.

Maotou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Maotou

Never even heard of this site until now.  I'll keep my eye on it (and yeah I joined up on it).  

@beforeseven 
 There is a reason why I burned my wall of shame...

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jack268

Brilliant. I'm signing up now

beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By beforeseven
@MisterChief: Yup, using the Giant Bomb API, and the site is built on top of Drupal, a PHP-based framework.
beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By beforeseven
@Wes: The thought of a Darkadia for movies has definitely crossed my mind. I'm not sure that Screened has an API (did a quick Google search), but there are alternatives such as the TMDb. I honestly don't have any plans for that at the moment though.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By buzz_clik

I'm into it.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#20  Edited By BeachThunder

Developer and Publisher are swapped around.

Valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Valestis

Pretty neat site. I like this kind of collection stuff. Joined!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By N7

At first I was like "Oh that's kind of cool. Whatever." But now there's no way in hell you're going to get me off of here.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By melcene

If I may also suggest, since people talked about importing from Steam... maybe see if there is a way to import from PSN/XBL game stats/achievements, and allow a person to click a box to UNselect any games from those lists (in case they rented or borrowed).

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Looks interesting, I will check out sometime later.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By FLStyle
Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

started filling mine out, ran into the same problem as i did with every other game logging site that isnt giantbomb. brutal legends. i always attributed it to the umlaut , but still, cant find it. and my OCD doesn't allow that

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By FLStyle
@CoheedFavorHouse said:

" started filling mine out, ran into the same problem as i did with every other game logging site that isnt giantbomb. brutal legends. i always attributed it to the umlaut , but still, cant find it. and my OCD doesn't allow that "

Brütal Legend is a known problem, it's because of the ü in Brütal. 
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse
@FLStyle: i figured as much. had the same issue in gamevault
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By GreggD
@beforeseven: I noticed that the games shelf is almost identical to that of GOG's, but better because you can add games that aren't on GOG. Do you use some of the same assets?

Edit: After looking at the two side by side, I guess they're very different. Similar concept, though.
npeterson08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By npeterson08

Looks cool, reminds me of the Game Vault app. I'd start an account, but my game collection is pitifully small.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#31  Edited By SMTDante89

I used it for a moment.  I'll definitely come back to this shortly.

CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

alright. finished my list

http://darkadia.com/member/CMCrash/library

i had issue with four games. the aforementioned Brutal Legends. I couldn't find the Darkness or Pokemon White, and also NBA 2k6 wasn't showing up.  
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By beforet

This is pretty awesome. It reminds me of Backloggery, only better because it isn't a pain to add games.

I'll have to wait for the steam integration to complete my list though. I simply can not add 100+ games right now.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34  Edited By XenoNick

Cool.

megasoum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By megasoum
@beforeseven: Really cool idea. I have a small suggestion. It took me a while to realize that you could drag sideways to see more game. 

-Maybe change the text color on the info at the bottom of the page. Brown on brown is a bit hard to read
-Maybe add a bit of the next column of box arts at the end of the windows to show that there is more stuff if you go that way.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By hexogen

This seems really cool. I've been wanting to create a catalog of all my games for a while now, and Whiskey's list system just isn't good enough. I'm signing up right now.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#37  Edited By LordAndrew

Take a peak at the API Developers forum if you want to see some of the things that other people are doing with Giant Bomb's data. Unfortunately a lot of tools built with the API are never mentioned on this site, so that's not even close to all of it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordAndrew
@Beforet said:
" This is pretty awesome. It reminds me of Backloggery, only better because it isn't a pain to add games. "
By not drawing from a limited database of games, Backloggery gives me control over my collection that other sites don't. I don't think I could ever see myself seriously tracking my collection with Giant Bomb's database. It just doesn't contain everything I'd want to put in my collection, even if you take releases into account. Maybe if it also let me manually enter information for games that aren't listed on Giant Bomb, for those edge cases. Do that, and you've got yourself a sale. :D

@melcene said:
" If I may also suggest, since people talked about importing from Steam... maybe see if there is a way to import from PSN/XBL game stats/achievements, and allow a person to click a box to UNselect any games from those lists (in case they rented or borrowed). "
Giant Bomb isn't going to share that data, so there would be a lot of manual work involved manually associating each game, basically duplicating the work that the site's staff already do. Although if someone's really willing to do that work, more power to them.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By ESREVER

I came across an error.

Searching for titles that have text after "//" (IE .hack://Infection) results in a giant error box.
Zapbrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Zapbrader

I want to see everyone's libraries, this is cool. It would be neat if Giant Bomb profile's could have a button that links to everyone's Darkadia page. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By jakob187

I said I was just going to click the link and check out what it is.

It's still pretty incomplete, just the games I could think of from the top of my head.  If I was at home, I'd probably add the jillions of other games that are around the house.

So...how do I log out of it?  It doesn't really matter one way or another, but I don't really liked being logged into things when I'm not around the computer.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By awesomeusername

I'll make an account in the morning.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By napalm

You guys don't have the PlayStation 2 box art for Max Payne. Since I am OCD, this will prevent me from adding games that don't show the box art for the system I played the game on.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By zero_

This is pretty cool

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By cornbredx

It's pretty neat but I have some critiques

I have ALOT of games so my list will be large. This seems to be pretty decent though at making it as quick as possible (which is superbly well done) but the problem is some more obvious names (Such as blood) do not come up when searching. Is it truncating? Why is it not showing the most obvious (I can't add Blood only the expansions, search for blood you wont get any option for it). This is only example, i;ve only been doing this on my smaller disc cases and love how quick it is but I wish it wasn't so hard to find some of these. It's also hard to tell with some games (like Spider-man from 2000 on PS1) and I'm not always sure its the same game I have.

Despite these two problems, I like the site- it's easier to use then listing on GB and I think I'll use it to list all my games since I have a lot. It will just be a pain to mark the ones I can't add =P

Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wes
@CornBREDX: Yeah I've had trouble adding games with special characters--Viva Pinata, Brutal Legend, anything Pokemon--but it's still an alpha build so I'm patient.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LordAndrew
@Napalm said:
" You guys don't have the PlayStation 2 box art for Max Payne. Since I am OCD, this will prevent me from adding games that don't show the box art for the system I played the game on. "
I could set the PS2 box art as the default for the Max Payne page, but then everyone else would rightfully complain and change it back. Max Payne ain't a PS2 game!
homewrecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#48  Edited By homewrecker

So far I would rather use this than the "list" function to keep track of the games I still need to finish, love this site.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By krystians

Great Site just staerted to use it.

Please make it iPhone compatible, and make it so I can transfer my GB games to the site.

Keep up the good work, great idea for a site!!

Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wes
@krystians: I think it's one guy building the site, so making a mobile version probably is at the bottom of his list. Not to say it wouldn't be snazzy.