Anyone use the site Darkadia? It's Whiskey Powered.

• 69 results
yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By yoctoyotta

just joined and added my library, cool site.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By napalm
@LordAndrew said:
" @Napalm said:
" You guys don't have the PlayStation 2 box art for Max Payne. Since I am OCD, this will prevent me from adding games that don't show the box art for the system I played the game on. "
I could set the PS2 box art as the default for the Max Payne page, but then everyone else would rightfully complain and change it back. Max Payne ain't a PS2 game! "
Shh!

My fix would be that you would select the system you own it on and select the appropriate box art, but that's not possible because it pulls from Giant Bomb's data, and so there is just one unified image
beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By beforeseven

Wow, I've really been enjoying the feedback, guys... Keep it coming! By my reckoning, about 70 of you have signed up at Darkadia, and some of you have been spending quite a lot of time getting your freaking HUGE games libraries all organised. That's real commitment. I've had some good chats with Whiskey about the site, and they've been quite supportive. The site obviously needs some kind of revenue stream to keep it going in the longer term (I started development about 10 months ago -- with a few months off in between), and Whiskey have had some good ideas.

I just wanted to take some time to respond to some queries that keep poppin up:

• Brütal Legend. I know, I know... nothing I can do about this as the problem lies with the Giant Bomb API. It does not support searches containing those special characters. On the game's page, Brutal Legend (minus the umlaut) is listed as an alias, which would be helpful, but the API ignores the alias field. API developers, are you listening? :)
  • The API search also doesn't rank be relevance, so the results can be a bit strange sometimes. This might be something I can address in a different way though, so I'm looking into it.
  • Steam importing is on the roadmap, as are some rather vague ideas about making the site more "social", for instance being able to friend other users, but for now I'm concentrating on getting the basic site mechanics working.

Thanks again for the feedback.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#54  Edited By LordAndrew
@beforeseven said:

• Brütal Legend. I know, I know... nothing I can do about this as the problem lies with the Giant Bomb API. It does not support searches containing those special characters. On the game's page, Brutal Legend (minus the umlaut) is listed as an alias, which would be helpful, but the API ignores the alias field. API developers, are you listening? :)
Perhaps you could implement some kind of hack for cases like that? Like if someone searches for Brutal Legend, the site just goes "Oh, you obviously want game 20700" and retrieves the data for game 20700 without bothering with an API search.
beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By beforeseven
@LordAndrew said: 
Perhaps you could implement some kind of hack for cases like that? Like if someone searches for Brutal Legend, the site just goes "Oh, you obviously want game 20700" and retrieves the data for game 20700 without bothering with an API search. "
I doubt that list of games with special characters in the title could ever be exhaustive; never mind the fact that I'm loathe to hack in workarounds for something that could be quite an easy win for the API devs: including the game alias in the search.

Is the API still under active development? My gut feeling says no, which means I'll probably have to put those hacks in...
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By gike987

Account made. I will start adding games when I get time. This is probably the best use of the whiskey API I have seen. Great site.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Made my list, and still adding to it whenever I remember something, but it will remain woefully inadequate until I am able to add Okami.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By Bollard

This is really, really cool, but please find a way of making the search function less sensitive! I can't search Pokemon cause I haven't got the accent over the e, and some other stuff seems hard to find.

Really like it though, keep up the good work!

Actually it seems I can't find Pokemon cause the games aren't on there, weird!
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By Skald

Just made a pretty big list. It includes most of my current generation games.

If you're having any problems, fire an error report over to the developer guy. He was very nice about responding to the problems I was having with the UI.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#60  Edited By LordAndrew
@Chavtheworld said:
" This is really, really cool, but please find a way of making the search function less sensitive! I can't search Pokemon cause I haven't got the accent over the e, and some other stuff seems hard to find.

Really like it though, keep up the good work!

Actually it seems I can't find Pokemon cause the games aren't on there, weird!
"
They're all there, but Giant Bomb's API won't be able to find words that have accents in them, regardless of how you type them in. Complain to Whiskey's engineers!

Fortunately, the Pokemon games have other words in their names that do work. Try searching for "Black White" or "Diamond Pearl", for example.
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By Bollard
@LordAndrew: Thanks for the replyyy!
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By awesomeusername
@beforeseven: Will the search engine be upgraded? It's hard to find some games, for example, MAG. I can't find the game.
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By xpgamer7

this definitely pulls into my OCD

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Damn, thats pretty cool.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By dungbootle

I'm using this, it is happening.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By triple07

Looks like a cool site I'll have to start making a collection since I love having a collection out there but find Giantbomb's lists kinda lacking for that purpose. So how is it Whiskey powered? Does it just use the Giantbomb API to pull data for the different video games or is it affiliated with Whiskey Media?

beforeseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By beforeseven
@triple07: Not affiliated with Whiskey Media, but using the Giant Bomb API. 

To those of you who have recently joined, check the roadmap to see what's planned for the site.
Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Fontan

Just finished my list.

I actually went throught a few PC games from way back, and found some I hadn't played in a long time and that will certainly be played again.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pazy

I decided to give the site a try. Though its not a complete list I added a bunch of my games to my profile. So far it seems really well put together, I love that after I signed up I didnt have to log in and it put me straight to the "add games" page which is where I needed to be. The interface is slick and the games appear quickly, the only thing is that some games I couldn't get to appear (for example "Pokemon" showed some of non-main series games but nothing main seres) but I dont know if thats a Giant Bomb issue or Darkadia.

Im impressed so far but I doubt ill keep up with my collection, I always forget these things. I would be more inclined if it was rolled out as part of Giant Bomb but only slightly.

Good work :)

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By triple07
@beforeseven: Thanks. i've started making my list and so far I'm loving the site. Looking forward to the new features on the roadmap. Only problem I've had is what others have mentioned about games with accents and things over the letters.