#1 Edited by RazielCuts (2945 posts) -

Gamers Gate are having a Spring Sale at the moment (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/springsale) but I've never used them before.

I'm in the checkout ordering something and its saying - 'Due to high demand we are currently out of serial keys. You may proceed with your order but it may take up to a few days before you recieve your serial key.' (they spelt receive wrong, not a good sign)

How reputable are Games Gate? And what's the likelihood of them getting more keys?

#2 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -

Gamersgate is legit. It's owned by Paradox who make all of those historical strategy games. I've used it loads of times.

#3 Posted by RazielCuts (2945 posts) -

@jimbo: So would you say buy it anyway, they'll get the keys in, if they don't it'll be pretty easy to get a refund?

#4 Edited by expensiveham (290 posts) -

Gamersgate is legit, i've purchased about a dozen games using them. You'll get your keys in a few days as promised.

#5 Edited by RazielCuts (2945 posts) -
#6 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

I own about 100 games from gamersgate, I like 'em.

#7 Posted by Laiv162560asse (487 posts) -

I've only ever purchased The Walking Dead from them, but I often visit the site since they have occasional good deals and indie/older games which aren't on Steam or GOG. Seems like a good site, I'm just rarely in a position to pull the trigger on a purchase.

#8 Edited by mosespippy (4112 posts) -

I think I got a code for something from Gamers Gate once, but I don't have a PC so I've never played it. It seemed legit though.

#9 Edited by Laiv162560asse (487 posts) -

I mentioned good deals before, I mean look at this shit. In this sale it's less than £5 for Baldur's Gate 1&2&expansions, Icewind Dale 1&2&expansions, Planescape: Torment and Temple of Elemental Evil. That's just insane, nowhere else has that kind of value. Just a shame I already have the pack.

#10 Posted by RazielCuts (2945 posts) -

I've made the plunge and bought. Will I get an email when keys become available? Has anyone dealt with a backlog of keys on Gamers Gate before?

@laivasse: Yeah I was eyeing up that deal myself, not sure if its too much at once though and then I'd just never end up getting round to playing any of them.

#11 Posted by peritus (993 posts) -

Had nothing but good experiences with Gamersgate. Its where i buy most of my strategy games. ( Because i want them to make another europa universalis game! )

#12 Posted by AlexW00d (6234 posts) -

@peritus said:

Had nothing but good experiences with Gamersgate. Its where i buy most of my strategy games. ( Because i want them to make another europa universalis game! )

They are making another EU dude. Q3 this year.

Also, Paradox don't own GG any more, it became it's own entity a while ago. You can buy Paradox games straight from Paradox though, it's how I do it.

#13 Edited by peritus (993 posts) -