• 69 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Mushir (2631 posts) -

 

  All I can say is, damn they were fast!
#2 Posted by zudthespud (3326 posts) -

Every time I see American "ACTION NEWS" I laugh.

#3 Posted by Azteck (7416 posts) -

Damn, that's crazy fast!

#4 Posted by MetalGearSunny (7465 posts) -

Woah.

#5 Posted by Dudacles (1619 posts) -

Good video, but a terrible newscast. American narrators always overreact.

#6 Posted by jonnyboy (2867 posts) -

Gotta admire their efficiency.

#7 Posted by wefwefasdf (6730 posts) -

God dayum. I'm re-watching that to take notes.
#8 Posted by Damian (1521 posts) -

Surely this commercial cost less then their Mac vs. PC ads.

#9 Posted by Scooper (7920 posts) -

I wonder if they can send 1 of those macs my way.

#10 Posted by CoolDrMoney (2018 posts) -

I like how the reporter is so stoked about the robbery

#11 Posted by torus (1106 posts) -

I can't wait for Microsoft to come out with their counter-advertisement.

#12 Posted by Gmanall (1707 posts) -

Good thing they do not kidnap children.

#13 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -

I laughed hard when the video started and the guy was flipping out about have exclusive video.

#14 Posted by Akeldama (4327 posts) -
@torus said:
" I can't wait for Microsoft to come out with their counter-advertisement. "
#15 Edited by Radar (914 posts) -

The reporter is acting like a sole person just infiltrated an army base solo.... just a cookie cutter smash and grab with a bit of coordination.
 Anyways, don't Macs have features to track down thefts like this? Like taking pictures with the webcam and tracking the location?
 
Edit: Why are you guys applauding criminals? It would have been impressive if they did this to a store with... you know... some security in place?

#16 Edited by Jeust (11346 posts) -
@jonnyboy said:

" Gotta admire their efficiency. "

@SpikeSpiegel said:

" God dayum. I'm re-watching that to take notes. "  

Really efficient.  
 
Great robbery!  
 
Although i condone theft, if it happens like this, one can only be surprised and stunned to its efficiency. 

 
@Radar said:

" The reporter is acting like a sole person just infiltrated an army base solo.... just a cookie cutter smash and grab with a bit of coordination.  Anyways, don't Macs have features to track down thefts like this? Like taking pictures with the webcam and tracking the location? "


They probably will be unplugged and sold in the black market. 
#17 Posted by Karmum (11514 posts) -

I could have done it quicker.

#18 Posted by RichardLOlson (1904 posts) -
Damn thats amazing...that robbery was just sweet.  Done in 31 seconds and they were dressed to the point as no one could see who they were.  Smart...very smart.  This job had have been planned out for a while.
#19 Posted by Pie (7214 posts) -

ACTION! ACTION! ACTION! Damn those are some annoying reporters, you wont find them down at the good old BBC.

#20 Posted by JokerClown88 (1107 posts) -

This is why I like my local news channel.  There is only one reporter that does the whole "Action News" over the top reporting, but the rest of the crew is really down to earth and awesome.  
 
On topic.  Crazy robbery.  Im sure that there are some prints on the tables or on the cables.  There has to be.  They were all bare handed for goodness sake.
#21 Posted by Sanj (2660 posts) -
@zudthespud said:
"Every time I see American "ACTION NEWS" I laugh. "

I lol'd when i saw "ACTION CAM"
#22 Posted by catpowerd (156 posts) -

Cowboy scores!

#23 Posted by Dirty_Harry (714 posts) -

You dont get a single virus but its light enough to run away with.

#24 Posted by xMP44x (2227 posts) -

Incredibly efficient  - those guys gotta be pros.
 
Keep an eye on eBay guys - if you see a couple of MacBooks for a knockdown price, you know where they're from lol
 
I don't think stealing is a good idea, but those guys are amazing at it.

#25 Posted by Urmean (609 posts) -

Who would steal Apple products?

#26 Posted by Insectecutor (1215 posts) -

Dann Cuelar clearly admires the speed and efficiency of these burglars. If only all burglars were this good, eh? Think you can burgle faster than these guys?

#27 Posted by agentboolen (1917 posts) -
@Urmean said:
" Who would steal Apple products? "
Anyone that needs a computer for non gaming stuff.  I'm actually on one right now.
#28 Posted by ProjektGill (774 posts) -

Aren't these things locked down? At the Apple store nearest to me, all the Macbooks have locks and the iPhones are tethered in someway to the table tops.

#29 Edited by Griddler (3374 posts) -

Video not working :\
EDIT: Fine now. Haha that was brilliant. The reporter sounded liking he was praising the guys as well XD

#30 Edited by happyfatman (151 posts) -

This really makes my blood boil.  It wouldn't bother me if they at least acted like they were doing something wrong; but they just go in there like they own the place, like they have some right to just smash through there and take what they want.  These guys are all just oozing arrogance, and that's really what pissed me off about this, I really couldn't care less about Apple getting robbed.  Well, except...

@Urmean said:

"Who would steal Apple products? "

Indeed.

#31 Posted by torus (1106 posts) -
@ProjektGill: Yea, that's what I thought. In the Apple Store on 5th avenue, everything but the software is locked to the tables.
#32 Posted by Ragdrazi (2258 posts) -

You gotta appreciate good thievery.

#33 Posted by FlamingHobo (4769 posts) -

Damn, they were fast.

#34 Posted by AjayRaz (12642 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" @torus said:
" I can't wait for Microsoft to come out with their counter-advertisement. "
"
#35 Posted by lilarchie232 (746 posts) -

The best part is when the announcer says they were savvy enough to wear masks because they knew of the cameras =P

#36 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3194 posts) -
@happyfatman said:
"

This really makes my blood boil.  It wouldn't bother me if they at least acted like they were doing something wrong; but they just go in there like they own the place, like they have some right to just smash through there and take what they want.  These guys are all just oozing arrogance, and that's really what pissed me off about this, I really couldn't care less about Apple getting robbed.  Well, except...

@Urmean said:

"Who would steal Apple products? "

Indeed.

"
What do you want the robbers to do? Leave a note saying 
"Sorry about the door, we'll send some cash your way to fix this place up. And thank you for the opportunity, we appreciate your lacking in advanced security systems, but we must admit, your Macs are pretty darn sweet. Once again, sorry about the door. Love, Jason Schmidt XOXXOX."
#37 Posted by Bucketdeth (8231 posts) -
In and out, atleast they were a little organized and didn't harm anyone, props to them.
#38 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6649 posts) -
@Gmanall said:
" Good thing they do not kidnap children. "
Are you joking? They stole like 20 little kids named Mac!
#39 Posted by GnomeStoleBike (4 posts) -

Well, Tbh, there fault for the Poor Security - wheres the straps to hold software on?
#40 Posted by zudthespud (3326 posts) -
@Radar said:
" The reporter is acting like a sole person just infiltrated an army base solo.... just a cookie cutter smash and grab with a bit of coordination.  Anyways, don't Macs have features to track down thefts like this? Like taking pictures with the webcam and tracking the location? "
When a bunch of iMacs were robbed from my college I heard that when they connect to the internet they disclose their location so they can be found.
#41 Posted by jakob187 (22290 posts) -

OMG!!!  That was RIDICULOUS efficiency in crime!!!  That's the kind of thing you hear about in movies and never see in real life!!!  I would be pissed at them...but that was just...man.  No one was hurt, they were precise in everything they did... 
 
Also...why the FUCK would the Apple Store not have those things attached to the counters or something?!  They just had them laying around!!!  Of COURSE you're going to get robbed.  Might as well hang a sign on the front door saying "we have little to no security, our glass is easy to break, and we have nothing secured to the surfaces".

#42 Posted by Emilio (3583 posts) -

Damn, like pros!!

#43 Posted by Absurd (2932 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
" You gotta appreciate good thievery. "
Yep.
#44 Posted by ninjakiller (3428 posts) -

Pros, I like it.  Looking for the book turned into a movie when they realize hipsters won't buy stolen apple stuff.

#45 Edited by ArchScabby (5877 posts) -

Could he have given the CRIMINALS anymore compliments?  Jeez it was almost like he was idolizing how could they were at breaking the law.  Someone should probably watch the journalist.

#46 Posted by happyfatman (151 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
" @happyfatman said:
"

This really makes my blood boil.  It wouldn't bother me if they at least acted like they were doing something wrong; but they just go in there like they own the place, like they have some right to just smash through there and take what they want.  These guys are all just oozing arrogance, and that's really what pissed me off about this, I really couldn't care less about Apple getting robbed.  Well, except...

@Urmean said:

"Who would steal Apple products? "

Indeed.

"
What do you want the robbers to do? Leave a note saying  "Sorry about the door, we'll send some cash your way to fix this place up. And thank you for the opportunity, we appreciate your lacking in advanced security systems, but we must admit, your Macs are pretty darn sweet. Once again, sorry about the door. Love, Jason Schmidt XOXXOX." "
That would just be ridiculous, but I think somebody needs to knock those guys down a peg or two. 
 
P.S. - I agree with ArchScabby.
#47 Posted by giyanks22 (2950 posts) -

Those guys put Danny Ocean's boys to shame...
That was amazing...

#48 Posted by Systech (4190 posts) -

It looks like those guys practiced. I want to see their Rocky montage.

#49 Posted by JJOR64 (19512 posts) -

Wow, just wow.

#50 Posted by choffy21 (1521 posts) -

These guys will probably never get caught either.