Are they already on vacation?

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Kerned

Patrick just tweeted that they are about to start shooting GOTY quick looks, so my guess is "busy," not "on vacation."

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

Ya poor taste, but I couldn't help myself...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Kidavenger fuuuuuck
Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Carryboy

Fuck Mondays

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CABBAGES

I love the site still but i do wonder what they do most of the time ?

They do the podcast and a few videos here and there and that is it.

The quicklooks and videos they do nowadays have no editing or anything either.

I know the GOTY videos will be edited and stuff but im talking in general they seem to have very little content on the site considering what is involved in doing most of it.

I think they must be up to somehting behind the scenes ever since they got bought over by cbsi or whatever they are called

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By BlackLagoon

Was it all just a lie? Did they ever truly love monday?

I don't even know anymore...

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Toxin066

I've got ya covered.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wacomole

Mondays' Facebook page, under Relationship, says "It's Complicated".

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alternate

@CABBAGES: 4 editors and 2 producers running an entire site. Ryan even has to answer support emails and if they could shove a broom up Drew's arse they would, that way he could sweep the floors at the same time.

What the fuck do you do all day, smoke a bong and play COD?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By ajamafalous
@alternate said:

@CABBAGES: 4 editors and 2 producers running an entire site. Ryan even has to answer support emails and if they could shove a broom up Drew's arse they would, that way he could sweep the floors at the same time.

You took that awfully personally.
Butler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Butler

GOTY

GOTY

GOTY

GOTY

GOTY

GOTY

They are never held to a strict schedule for anything.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JZ

No no they snort cocaine off the beaks of penguins.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Kidavenger: Bad timing for that song.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By joshthebear

They are doing a shitload of podcasts and videos for GOTY, right?

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beepmachine

Don't you people have shit to do over the holidays?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fallen189

It's staggering how reliable this community is to ask if something has FINISHED FOREVER when it doesn't get posted

CABBAGES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CABBAGES

@alternate: I work all day and infact this year im working all through christmas and new year too.

I do play a bit of cod now and then but i prefer battlefield. Oh and i hate weed so wouldnt touch a bong unless i was throwing it in the bin.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By crusader8463

@ajamafalous said:

@alternate said:

You took that awfully personally.

Giant Bomb Defence Force Hyper Team Go! Form of Douche!

Anyhow, I too often wonder what they do with most of their time. I'm sure they must do a ton of work behind the scenes that we never see/hear about, but when you can go on youtube and see guys like Total Biscuit putting out the amount and quality of content that he does, and he's just one guy, it makes you wonder why 4 guys, 2 producers, and CBSi money are often times lagging behind. Would be neat if they could do a little " A day in the life of" video thing so we could actually see what they do from day to day to help put it all in contrast, but I doubt we would ever see something like that.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Phatmac

It'll probably be up on Tuesday. They're busy recording GOTY stuff so relax.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Grimluck343

@alternate said:

Don't pull many punches, do you?

@joshthebear said:

They are doing a shitload of podcasts and videos for GOTY, right?

Pretty sure they finished the podcasts last week.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Animasta

@Grimluck343: they are, however, shooting the videos for GOTY quick looks (I think that's what patrick said) this week

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Bocam

@Animasta said:

@Grimluck343: they are, however, shooting the videos for GOTY quick looks (I think that's what patrick said) this week

5 QLs won't hopefully take a week.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xtrememuffinman
@Carryboy said:

Fuck Mondays

No, fuck you.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SSully

@CABBAGES said:

I love the site still but i do wonder what they do most of the time ?

They do the podcast and a few videos here and there and that is it.

The quicklooks and videos they do nowadays have no editing or anything either.

I know the GOTY videos will be edited and stuff but im talking in general they seem to have very little content on the site considering what is involved in doing most of it.

I think they must be up to somehting behind the scenes ever since they got bought over by cbsi or whatever they are called

Have you ever produced any kind of media before? Or managed a website? The shit isn't as easy as you would think, it takes time.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Petiew
@CABBAGES said:

@alternate: I work all day and infact this year im working all through christmas and new year too.

I do play a bit of cod now and then but i prefer battlefield. Oh and i hate weed so wouldnt touch a bong unless i was throwing it in the bin.

Told Status:
[] Not Told
[X] Told
[X] I Told Mondays
Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By Barrabas

@Bocam: Shooting them, no. Editing them plus all the stuff they did last week, yes. The reason we won't see much this week is because Drew and Vinny are going to be incredibly busy. Anything that comes out will probably be stuff the others can do without them, which isn't a lot.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpaceRunaway

It's been over 7 days since the last I Love Mondays, everyone cancel your subscriptions!

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@crusader8463 said:

but when you can go on youtube and see guys like Total Biscuit putting out the amount and quality of content that he does, and he's just one guy

This statement is slightly uninformed- Total Biscuit is not a one-man-operation. :\

He has openly stated he has staff of his own. Granted- probably not a whole lot more than GB, but he at the very least has a few staff managing his e-mail, Public Relations, and requests from the companies that contact him. He also has at least one person who helps him with videos and product research: Zooc

Here's just one such statement confirming he has staff of some description:

http://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/statuses/209490603157893121

Just putting that out there. :P

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Turambar

Between all the GOTY stuff and the beta of the new site design, that while mostly on the technical side, I'm sure still requires some degree of attention by the editorial staff, it's safe to say they are pretty damn busy.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By ssj4raditz
@Toxin066: Ah, I miss that intro so much...
RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RazielCuts

@Toxin066: It's funny, I still consider that the 'new' intro. Just give me some turkeys!

*Edit*

Old intro -

Wow, it's weird looking back at how much better produced even ILM used to be compared to all the video on the site now. Obviously the GOTY will change that as its their once a year blow out but still, handy cams and unedited QL's FTW (!).. Ha, the community video segment, good times.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bocam

It doesn't change the fact that these GOTY videos will have to be some high class shit to explain this lull in other content.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By alternate

Just to clarify. I wasn't especially angry. Just being jokingly passive aggressive.

It does annoy that this question comes up so often though. Does anyone serious;y think anyone on the crew, even Ryan, is lazy? Anyone who has ever worked in an office for a major corporate. Hell, anyone who has watched Office Space even :D has a fair idea of how much of their time gets eaten away before you even get to writing and playing games. You don't need a video of them filling out paperwork and going to meetings between podcasts and quick looks to imagine how they spend their day.

Comparing them to a one-man-band (or not as was pointed out earlier) youtube channel is a bit unfair. Compare them more to IGN or Gamespot proper and calculate how much content per person GB put out in comparison to those massive operations.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Kazona

The real question is, why do questions like these keep getting asked? It should be very clear by now that no one working at Giant Bomb is going to answer questions like these, let alone clarify or justify how they spend their working hours.

If you are really that unhappy with the amount of content, send them an email.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By crusader8463

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka: I will admit to not knowing that but it's still one guy producing the content correct? Sure he has people helping with video and behind the scenes stuff, but it's still only him sitting down to record videos. GB has 4-6 people that are awesome on camera that could be doing something at all times in some kind of rotation. Maybe there's just some corporate bs they have to deal with that prevents them from doing that, but it just feels like with the man power they have that they shouldn't need to have lulls in content. On Steam alone, excluding constant new stuff from sites like GOG, it just seems like it wouldn't be hard for anyone on the staff to be firing up random games and just playing them. Even if it's just to build up a back log for times like this where they are really busy with other things that they can dip into.

For example, what if all the guys contributed to the Bombopedia thing Jeff is doing? I don't mean for them to take their own time, that's awesome of Jeff to do but that's his choice on how he wants to spend his free time, but what if once a week during some slow time each of the guys did a little 10-20 min video of that style for an old game they loved? That's content that has no time sensitive nature because the games are old, so if they sat on those and only pulled them out during slow content times that would be great.

It just seems like little things like that could help eliminate situations like the one they are in now when at several points in the year the site just stops getting content for a week or two because they need to work their butts off for some special event like GOTY or E3. It's something that happens every year, so why not plan ahead for this stuff?

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jrinswand
@Kidavenger said:

That's not "poor taste." That's fucking awful. You should be ashamed.
Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@Jrinswand said:

@Kidavenger said:

Holy shit. I had never heard this song, so I was just assuming that people didn't like it because it was a terrible song.

But damn, dude.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By Zuldim

@RazielCuts said:

@Toxin066: It's funny, I still consider that the 'new' intro. Just give me some turkeys!

*Edit*

Old intro -

Wow, it's weird looking back at how much better produced even ILM used to be compared to all the video on the site now. Obviously the GOTY will change that as its their once a year blow out but still, handy cams and unedited QL's FTW (!).. Ha, the community video segment, good times.

Wow, I've been listening to the podcast for years, but I only got into the rest of the site's content within the past year. I had no idea videos used to be done more like that. That's pretty slick!

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DeathByWaffle

@CrossTheAtlantic said:

@Jrinswand said:

@Kidavenger said:

Holy shit. I had never heard this song, so I was just assuming that people didn't like it because it was a terrible song.

But damn, dude.

First time I had ever heard it, and the only thing that really struck me was how bad it was.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ravenlight

@Toxin066 said:

I've got ya covered.

I miss the old ILM intro. Shiz was dope as hell.

Cethlion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cethlion

I was curious so I went back and looked at they did last year in December. In 2011 they had 21 quicklook videos through out the month and 9 videos in the two weeks leading up to christmas. This year so far they have 14 videos, zero videos in the two weeks up to christmas. This month is a little over half done, so I would guess they will have similar number of videos. Just not as many in the two weeks up to christmas. I also did not count encyclopedia bombastica videos, I dont count those as true quick looks.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JZ

Wii mini mouth jeff proves that the love is still there

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ripelivejam

@Cethlion said:

I was curious so I went back and looked at they did last year in December. In 2011 they had 21 quicklook videos through out the month and 9 videos in the two weeks leading up to christmas. This year so far they have 14 videos, zero videos in the two weeks up to christmas. This month is a little over half done, so I would guess they will have similar number of videos. Just not as many in the two weeks up to christmas. I also did not count encyclopedia bombastica videos, I dont count those as true quick looks.

could also be because there aren't that many games (or any games?) coming out right now in comparison to last year. i'm pretty sure they covered most if not pretty much all releases this year so it's not for a lack of trying. maybe they could round up the stragglers for videos (*cough* never dead *cough*) or contribute more to the encyclopedia bombastica (which seems to be more of a pie-in-the-sky concept largely of jeff's making), but it's understandable why there's not much content. i have a feeling everyone will be sated nicely by the GOTY stuff.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By JoeyRavn

Say what you want of the "Giant Bomb Defense Force", but I find it extremely funny when people lose their shit for stupid things like an ILM video going up a bit late.