are pre orders at gamespot relyable?

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

**EDIT** yea ive just noticed the title says gamespot i ment gamestop is there a way to change it ¬_¬

ive hered a lot of people talking online about how annoying gamestop people are with asking if you want to pre order. but do they actualy hold on to it, i live in the uk and the closeist thing we have is game and gamestation ive pre ordered loads  from them but the only time  they have actualy held something behind for me and that was for a ps3  all games ive pre ordered i get a reply of "we have no record of a pre order from you"  while im waveing the pre order slip in there face trying to get a pre order bonus from a game ive  just got from a pre order  to wich ive needed to just get from a shelf because they havent held on to it. so my question is do gamestop actualy hold onto it for you and when theres a pre order bonus do you actualy get it ?

Briyen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Briyen
@the_chojin99: i usually do, i mean, i paid 5 bucks so i better!

not sure about online pre-ordering and pick up

still waiting on that for infamous
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By subject2change

Depends on the store I assume; never have issues with mine and I only pre-order online and pickup in store.

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By nixium

I have never had a problem with EB Games here in Canada, so I guess it does depend on the store.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

Company policy is that we have to hold a pre-order for 48 hours. The system is pretty solid and I've never seen a case of it simply losing someone's pre-order. Beyond 48 hours it really depends on the store. In the case of mine we're still holding on to at least a couple of UFCs on the off chance that someone who pre-ordered will come in so they can get their extra fighters. Of course this is directly effected by how many copies of said game we have on hand.

PJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PJ

No you really shouldnt pre-order games from GameSPOT since you will never get the game and then they will kill you for not pre-ordering Kane & Lynch..... just wanted to be funny, hahaha... aw....

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

No, they are not.  I once pre-ordered a game there, the employee took my money and then when I went to pick up my pre-ordered game, he couldn't give me the discount because it wasn't in the computer.  He said to me, "yes I know I took the money from you but it isn't in the computer so I can't give you the discount."  That was the last time I ever pre-ordered anything from them and I will never ever do so again.