#1 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

Okay so I have had the original SFIV since it came out and I got SSFIV when that came out. Up until this point though, I have been considering buying the alt. costumes but I want to know if it is worth the 12 bucks or not?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18995 posts) -

As a guy that plays the game often, I like to have a variety of colors to choose from so that's why I bought them.  It's a bummer that the DLC, like the last game, is on the disc as well.         :(

#3 Posted by HolyCrapItsAdam (448 posts) -

I am really getting into SSFIV. That's why I'm considering getting them cause I am kind of sick of seeing the same outfits. Is there anyway to just unlock the costumes since they are on the disc or is it DLC only?

#4 Edited by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I never bought the costumes, and I only have the ones that came with my game. I personally don't think it's worth it. It feels shady for Capcom to charge for something like this.

#5 Posted by doe3879 (799 posts) -

they're on the disc because you need to able to see the people that has it while playing online.
 and no, I don't think anymore costumes is worth paying more, but it is nice to see people with them once in a while.

do wish there's a way to get them without paying tho, something ridiculous like winning 10-20 game in a roll with that character.
but if I ever get into playing DJ a lot, i might buy his...so dumb looking with the original 

#6 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

It's on the disk. You're paying for an unlock.

Totally uncool.

#7 Posted by RecSpec (3819 posts) -

I'd rather pay for an unlock on the disc than have two separate lobbies.

"Hey we should play"
"Oh, sorry man, I totally would play with you, but you didn't buy the costumes. Later chump"

#8 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
@RecSpec said:
" I'd rather pay for an unlock on the disc than have two separate lobbies.  "Hey we should play" "Oh, sorry man, I totally would play with you, but you didn't buy the costumes. Later chump" "
There could be a free download to give the content but not unlock it. Such as, say, Fable II. 

I personally think the costumes are pointless. They aren't all that great. Maybe I'm not hardcore enough.