Are there any must have PS4 accessories?

scantenii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have decided to get the Destiny PS4 bundle and I was interested if there were any recommended/must have accessories for the PS4. For example, I think I heard the battery on the PS4 controller battery was not very good, so I should probably just buy a battery pack extender when I buy the system. So if anyone has any other suggestions with what I should get when I pick up the system please let me know. Thanks.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The battery life's not great on the PS4 controller but it's not terrible either, so long as you remember to charge it up every couple of days. I'd hold off on the battery pack extender until after you get the system — that way, you'll know for yourself if you need it. Beyond that, I don't think there's anything you really need. A good pair of headphones to plug into the controller might be useful if you want to play without bothering anyone, and I guess the Vita counts as a PS4 accessory these days?

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Not sure if I would call it essential, but the wireless headset is pretty good if you are in a situation in which you need to keep the noise down. Maybe not the best quality in the world, but they get the job done and allow you to mute the TV entirely, and also doesn't require running a cord into the controller.

Juno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

A good pair of headphones to plug into the controller might be useful if you want to play without bothering anyone, and I guess the Vita counts as a PS4 accessory these days?

If I have headphones with a mic in them will the mic be usable online?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@bollard said:

@conmulligan said:

A good pair of headphones to plug into the controller might be useful if you want to play without bothering anyone, and I guess the Vita counts as a PS4 accessory these days?

If I have headphones with a mic in them will the mic be usable online?

Yep, the controller's headphone jack has a mic channel.

Danforth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I bought the official charging station yesterday (there are a bunch of different brands). Really happy with the purchase. Keeps the controllers charged and tidy as well. $25.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12