Are these laptop specs good?

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey!

I`m looking for a laptop that can play older games and indiegames. I already have consoles for my main gaming, but i want a laptop for travel and for some PC exclusive games like Divinity original sin and The banner saga. I don`t know much about PC specs and wondered if anyone could tell me if these are decent for that sort of thing:

• Intel Core i5-3337U 1.8 GHz Dual Core
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GT720M - 2GB
  • 500 GB HDD

I don`t care that much about graphics so as long as it can play games from a few years ago at a low or medium setting with a decent framerate i`m happy. The laptop is an Asus F55OCC-XO1373H if anyone cares and i`m considering it because it`s a lot cheaper than similar laptops and seems to have decent specs.

Thanks!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That graphics card is only useful for hardware accelerated video, but the rest of the system looks good. Divinity might be a little tough to run, but you should be able to run indie games.

Loading Video...

This video shows what the CPU+onboard video can do with a game from 2008 running at 720p.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don`t care that much about graphics so as long as it can play games from a few years ago at a low or medium setting with a decent framerate i`m happy.

Well, that it can probably do. Not much else though. It should handle both games you mentioned anyway. The machine has no legs though. If you ever want to play newer games, you'll be replacing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odinsmana: If you're after a laptop that you can play games on I'd suggest looking for something with at least an 850M, the 800 & 900 series are using the Maxwell architecture so as well so you'll be getting better battery life out of them over the older 700 series.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By odinsmana

@sinusoidal: Thanks for the answer! I`m planning on using the laptop mainly as a secondary gaming platform and because of that would prefer to keep it cheap (i`m a student). It will be used mostly for old pc games and indie games so if the specs are good enough for that i`ll take it for now.