• 73 results
#51 Posted by Capum15 (4807 posts) -

Nope, wasn't going to get a next gen console for a good while anyway.

I was looking forward to Watch_Dogs on PC so that's saddening, but whatever, I just got a 3DSXL and Pokemon so I'm good for a while.

#52 Posted by jgf (382 posts) -

Frankly I'm more worried that some games that should be delayed are going to be forced out on release day. I care more for good games down the road as for many games on day one. I won't buy more then 2-3 games initially anyhow. 1 on launch day, 1 over chrismas and maybe some small downloadables till 2014 starts delivering the goodies.

#53 Edited by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

No because I unfortunately am broke college student #562,915 and I won't be getting a PS4 at launch. If I were though, I still wouldn't be worried because Contrast is replacing Driveclub. I have no interest in racing games unless it's from Criterion. Also, after a year and a half of watching Watch Dogs (heh) in every single major convention, I've grown tired of seeing the game.

Two words: Madden 06.

That's actually a word and 2 numbers.

#54 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1086 posts) -

Delaying it cool, waiting until the last "minute" announce a delay isn't.

#55 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

nah.

#56 Edited by RonGalaxy (2867 posts) -

No. People purchasing these things before the next e3 are making a horrible move either way, but I guess it needs those initial sales to survive. All I know is that I'm waiting for big announcements from sony (especially to see what ND is doing, though I think their weaker team is probably the one working on their first ps4 game) before I jump in.

#57 Edited by liquidsnakegfer9 (129 posts) -

I've finally decided that I'm gonna make the jump and build a pc instead of buying a console, so if anything these shaky launch lineups are just reminding me that I'm probably making the best decision.

#58 Edited by Wuddel (2079 posts) -

Meh, software can be patched. I just hope the release hardware is up to the task. Then again Sony has always been good in making hardware and all kinds of stuff, MS on the other hand ...

#59 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Big projects get delayed, and it is not unique to videogames (public work projects seem to have the worst time of it). My experience has been that schedules are picked assuming some level of resources, but other issues crop up on other projects leading to slightly fewer warm bodies than expected on the bigger item. Overt optimism can also be a pitfall, but that seems pretty rare with experienced people who know what they are aiming for.

Anyway - schedule items that are short term (or for videogames you are not a investor in or developer on) are not worth being worried about. I'm sure you'll get to play the sequels for those games (and maybe a couple clones) 1.5 year from now.

#60 Posted by Korghano (1 posts) -

Launch titles are something of a minor miracle... you want to push the hardware and also create a game on moving hardware and software.

The delays don't bother me, as has been mentioned, Watch_Dogs was delayed for business reasons, and Driveclub, well, these things happen.

#61 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Don't really care. No one should buy consoles at launch.

What kind of comment is that? A shit-ton of people like to purchase their consoles day-one, because that's when the excitement and conversations about the console are at their peaks. I got my PS3 day one, and to this day, it's the best gaming purchase I've done. Same with the 3ds, Wii, Wii U and the Vita. Never regretted any of these purchases.

#62 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@klei: One word: GAMES.

The PS3 had jack shit at launch. The PS2 still had a ton of good games coming out at that period. I smell buyer's remorse from you, buddy.

Launches have almost always been weak except a few like SNES and N64(Wow. Two whole games! Now I have to wait a year before Nintendo gets off their asses and make games as good as those)

I also didn't buy a PS3 since it was 1200 USD here(adjusted for inflation)

Unless you enjoy the waiting game, you should just stand at the sidelines and wait.

#63 Posted by EXTomar (4490 posts) -

Why worry about these delays? Just remembering what happened with the 360 and PS3 should give you enough concern for worrying.

#64 Edited by Quarters (1628 posts) -

Not at all. Launch games aren't generally much to concern yourself with. It's the eventual promise of the new hardware that's important. The launch games are just there to give you something to do for the first couple of months.

#65 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Ps4: Assassins Creed 4, Killzone Shadowfall

XOne: Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon

I wasn't interested in The Crew and I was planning on getting Watch Dogs on PC anyways.

#66 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (690 posts) -

@kaos_cracker: Thats good to hear. I've been wanting 64-player Battlefield for a while since I don't play PC games.

#67 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Nope, I'm knee-deep in amazing indie backlog right now. Next-gen can take its sweet ass time.

#68 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4144 posts) -

Fuck no.

#69 Posted by Nightriff (4910 posts) -

Nope, I'm just excited for new hardware. I bought a PS3 and didn't get my first PS3 game for like 6 months, was it wise? No but I like something new to play, gets me excited!

#70 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

No

#71 Edited by Veektarius (4580 posts) -

I don't worry because I'm not an idiot who put down money for an expensive product that no one has used yet.

#72 Posted by crithon (3075 posts) -

no, in fact more games should be delayed.

#73 Posted by hermes (1365 posts) -

Nope. I wasn't going to buy a next-gen console this year anyway, because there would be too little to play. This is just validation.

#74 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4329 posts) -

Hot shit is coming in hot!