Are videogames our only hope for decent star wars?

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Laharl

So i just recently watched the decimation of Star wars: attack of the clones from redlettermedia ( here if you haven't seen it, hour long but worth it, also theres a phantom menace one thats just as good) as well as hear about the news that George Lucas and seth green will be making a weekly star wars comedy show soon enough and i couldn't help but wonder will we ever see a decent star wars movie or show ever again, or will we have to rely on video games for another decent peek into the unforgettable universe?

I say this cause the only time ive even come close to the same excitement and pleasure i had from the original 3 was from star wars video games. 
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Rogue Squadron series
Star wars the force unleashed
Tie fighter
Super star wars series
Lego star wars
Jedi knight series
I could still go on but all of these games were Far better than all of the prequels combined.
These games only engrossed me in the star wars universe even more, with heartracing fighter battles to listening to an AMAZING voice actress recite the wise words of the jedi code(kotor2) ive never felt so in tune with the star wars universe. And now with projects like The old republic coming up i get to see the gaming industry is taking the star wars universe to the next level with story telling, gameplay and voiceacting. Then we go to George lucas again and hes just looking for the next project to make a toy line out of. Its kinda invigorating and disappointing at the same time, Lucas created this world, why do only the fans seem to comprehend whats good and whats crap. 

So i guess this blog(which really is an excuse to get the quest point) is just to ask the question, do you think we will ever enjoy something star wars related that isnt a video game? or at the very least is made by george lucas?

P.S. i just remembered Genndy Tartakovsky's animated series that was probably my favorite thing thats ever not been done by lucas, for 5 minute episodes holy shit they were good. 

Laharl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Laharl

So i just recently watched the decimation of Star wars: attack of the clones from redlettermedia ( here if you haven't seen it, hour long but worth it, also theres a phantom menace one thats just as good) as well as hear about the news that George Lucas and seth green will be making a weekly star wars comedy show soon enough and i couldn't help but wonder will we ever see a decent star wars movie or show ever again, or will we have to rely on video games for another decent peek into the unforgettable universe?

I say this cause the only time ive even come close to the same excitement and pleasure i had from the original 3 was from star wars video games. 
Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
Rogue Squadron series
Star wars the force unleashed
Tie fighter
Super star wars series
Lego star wars
Jedi knight series
I could still go on but all of these games were Far better than all of the prequels combined.
These games only engrossed me in the star wars universe even more, with heartracing fighter battles to listening to an AMAZING voice actress recite the wise words of the jedi code(kotor2) ive never felt so in tune with the star wars universe. And now with projects like The old republic coming up i get to see the gaming industry is taking the star wars universe to the next level with story telling, gameplay and voiceacting. Then we go to George lucas again and hes just looking for the next project to make a toy line out of. Its kinda invigorating and disappointing at the same time, Lucas created this world, why do only the fans seem to comprehend whats good and whats crap. 

So i guess this blog(which really is an excuse to get the quest point) is just to ask the question, do you think we will ever enjoy something star wars related that isnt a video game? or at the very least is made by george lucas?

P.S. i just remembered Genndy Tartakovsky's animated series that was probably my favorite thing thats ever not been done by lucas, for 5 minute episodes holy shit they were good.