Are you a healthy gamer? (post height and weight)

McGray90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By McGray90

6'3" 175
I do go out on long road bike rides fairly regularly though

Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Natesaint

5'8" and 148 pounds. I do not work out, although my job requires me to walk for miles and miles five days a week. I've got quite a bit of muscle from lifting, again my job. I seem to be in quite good shape at 24. Most of my video game time comes at night when I get off work, I relax and start shooting aliens or nazis or whatever is on the opposing side.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#203  Edited By Icemael

Roughly 190 cm, 94 kg. Body fat percentage of about 15.

So yeah, perfectly healthy. As far from "too skinny" as I am from "too fat".

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By eldiax

Around 190 cm, 82 kg. I'm satisfied!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#205  Edited By Seppli

6'1'' 185 lbs

Was not very athletic when I was young. Nerding out on books and games. Sometime in my teens I got quite buff and fit for competitive sports. Wrecked knee when I was 20. Was pretty down for a while because of it. Gained quite a lot over the years and was out of shape. Working out 4-5 times a week since about 3 years. I'm still eating lots, but I only do brunch and early dinner. No snacking.

I'm currently quite fit and buff and getting fitter and more buff by the day. It ain't a struggle, it's a lifestyle. Satisfaction comes first and foremost. Food tastes better after physical strain. I cannot enjoy life without working-out some. It's the salt of my day. So it's two rich meals and a solid 1-2 hrs work-out that makes my day.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#206  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

180cm tall and I weigh about 60kg. I'm somewhat underweight for my height but I wouldn't call myself completely unhealthy.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#207  Edited By donutfever

5'9, 180 lbs. Not awful, I only hate myself a little.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Deeveeus
@Bwast said:
6'3'', 245lbs. That's down from 330 in January. I'm getting there.
Almost identical sitch as you my friend. I'm 6'4", around 235, used to be 320-330.  

To anyone looking to lose weight, join a sport you like, melts off like crazy! Ball hockey is my savior! lol
MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#209  Edited By MjHealy

Not sure about my height (I think I clock in at about 5' 9'') but I way about 125 lb. I lost about 20 lbs late last year and have I have kept it off since. I am coming toward the end of my growing phase, though, so I am able to pack away a fair amount of food and not gain any weight. When the holidays times come to an end soon I will probably be back to eating healthier and doing more exercise so I should be keeping a good weight. I want to work on my thighs and arms though as they aren't toned in the slightest.

vegoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#210  Edited By vegoku

@Deeveeus said:

@Bwast said:
6'3'', 245lbs. That's down from 330 in January. I'm getting there.
Almost identical sitch as you my friend. I'm 6'4", around 235, used to be 320-330. To anyone looking to lose weight, join a sport you like, melts off like crazy! Ball hockey is my savior! lol

I agree 100%. I am currently 6'3" 170. I was 240. I was getting depressed with my state so I took a karate class as my PE in college. Turns out the teacher ran a private dojo out of his home so I applied and got accepted. 6 years later I'm still in it and its been a life saver for me and now I teach it :)

Find something you love and it will help out A LOT!!!!

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Tonyyj
@Fobwashed: Haha amen to that. I much prefer to use my 2nd generation shuffle though.. clips on and I don't need pockets. Also, a screen in unnecessary because I make my playlist order specifically to cater to warm up, rest, cooldown etc. That way I just run with the music. 

@mracoon: That's the problem I have :(. I've been trying to build mass for awhile by stacking up the calories but my weight won't budge. It actually went down at one point.. Although I'm no where near as tall as you so yea.. you are pretty skinny haha.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212  Edited By AuthenticM

6'0" and 155lbs

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Rattle618

I cant be bothered to convert my info to your standards: 1,75 M - 78 Kgs

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#214  Edited By fobwashed

@Tonyyj: I sorta hear you on that but the iPhone has one drastic advantage over the shuffle when it comes to jogging or working out. Apps! I'd use an app that would track my jogs in real time so that I'd get an accurate distance at the end of the jog and unnecessary information like how fast I was running at any point in my jog and a line on a map of my course -_-;; Also, at the gym, I punch in all my weights and lifts into a thing that tracks what I've been doing. . . I miss my phone.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By TearsInRain

5"2 and 118 lb.s woo!  Killing the myths on girls being secret about their weight.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#216  Edited By STUVNING

6'0" and 132lbs

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Tonyyj
@Fobwashed: Ahh yea that's true. I use a running watch for that so I haven't found a need for my phone, just don't like carrying things in my pocket when I run. I totally see what you mean though, and a running watch is a pretty expensive investment if you're unsure of whether you'll be sticking with running (pretty ugly too).
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#218  Edited By CL60

I somehow lost 23 pounds in the past 3 weeks when all I do is sit around eating and playing video games.

cav86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#219  Edited By cav86

6'4, 210 last time I checked

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Dany

5'11 currently at 138.

I lost 62 pounds so far this year so yeah, kinda healthy.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#221  Edited By Skytylz

5'11" 170lbs. I've lost weight since high school a year ago. Unfortunately it was because I quit lifting and lost muscle :(

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#222  Edited By Aegon

5'11 around 150lbs Need to lose some fat and gain some muscle. 

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By SLUSHiNaToR

around 6'-6'4" 240lb ish.. I know I'm a bit overweight, but I also weightlift a bit so I don't think I look THAT chubby.. lol. I also go out running a bit so at least I'm not out of shape as much. :P

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

5'10 and I'm 160.
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#225  Edited By teptom

5'11 and 197lbs.

I've been trying to eat better and exercise more for the past few months. My goal by the end of the year is either 180 or less.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By FengShuiGod

6' and 185-190. I bike 150-200 miles a week, so that keeps me somewhat fit. I know a lot of people who are my height and look like me fat-wise, but weigh a lot less. My Dad is the same. Maybe I have dense bones or more base muscle mass or something.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By CannonGoose

I'm 178cm (5'10") and 80kg (176lb). Just a bit overweight for my height, so I've been cutting back and exercising recently; a week and a half ago I was 83kg :)

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#228  Edited By TobbRobb

180cm, 75kg. I exclusively eat unhealthy food and never work out. Only recently started gaining weight, I think the metabolism is getting slower ;(.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

6'2, 210.  Five years ago I was 260, and three years ago I was 170, so who the fuck knows what's going on.

A lot of people in this thread are 6 feet plus and only like 160 pounds.  When I was 170, I looked freakishly unhealthy, I had stick arms and everything.  I must have super dense bones or something, because if I was thinner than that I'd be invisible from the side.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Meowayne

Imperial units? 

sugetipula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By sugetipula

Im 1.83 m and 140 Kg. I wouldn't call that healthy.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

5'7, 170 lbs. I've gained about 20 lbs since I got out of college that I'm in the process of trying to get rid of.

I wouldn't say I'm fat, but I definitely need to reverse the way my weight and health have been trending over the past few years. There are some moments where I can feel how out of shape I've gotten, and I don't want things to get any worse.

nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#233  Edited By nick_verissimo

5'8" and I hover between 185-190. Some weeks I do more cardio than weight lifting, so my weight fluctuates and hasn't broken that zone in about a year.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By efman

Don't weight myself that often, but ballpark estimate 6 feet and 120 lbs (ish).  

Never really understood the notion of that all gamers are obese in one way or another. 

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@efman: Wow! I think you might actually need to consider gaining 10-20 lbs. Six feet and 120 lbs sounds freakishly skinny to me.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#236  Edited By Cincaid

186cm (6'1) and 64kg (140,8 lbs)

Fit as a whistle!

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By matthias2437

5'11 168 lbs. 8% body fat, I do heavy weight lifting 4 days ago and normally just walk on the off days. I pretty much never sit down to play a game until I have done at least some exercise (that's mainly because I know once I sit down I wont want to get up to exercise) hah.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Chummy8

6'2 215 here. I've been up to about 230 and was obviously overweight. I've been eating better and getting a little more active so I've lost 15lbs in the last few months. I'd work out, but I seriously think it's a waste of time.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Still_I_Cry

5'6 135lbs.

I try to do push ups and crunches every day. Some days i am too tired though.(Yes I know this is a bad excuse but I didn't ask you)

I also do a lot of walking (college :D)

I don't generally eat much.

LetsRockBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By LetsRockBaby

5'11 and 226 lbs. I need to work on that.

grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By grayfox1210

6'2 ish 164 lbs.

It's all about noticing what you eat and how much you eat. Also denying cravings such as cheeto's. Yeah you want it reeeaaallll bad between 5 minutes to an hour, but do something else to get your mind off it. Like play a video game. That's what I always do. I get so wrapped up in the game I don't even get cravings. I guess it helps that I worked at Cold Stone Creamery for 5 years. I barely have the urge to have any sweets. I've maybe eaten 3 or 4 candy bars a year since.

I usually think the idea of a "work out game" is incredibly stupid, but a girlfriend I had at the time had Wii Fit. I consider myself very much in shape. I run 4-5 miles every other day, do mud runs, rock climb, and did karate for 9 years, and I found that game giving quite a sweat. It does matter how much effort you put into it though. Adding 5 pound weights around your ankles and wrists I'm sure would work great.

TIEfighter77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By TIEfighter77

5'9 and 150 lbs. and 34 years old. Workout about 4 times a week, quit smoking several years ago, gave up regular soft drinks for Diet Coke (about my only vice now), rarely drink alcohol anymore, try to snack health.

efman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By efman
@Chaser324:  True, but, physically, it's not as if I'm bordering on anemia and collapse at any point over my day to day routines. I get by fine, but I hear ya, and fully concur.
alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#244  Edited By alexl86

I'm about 6'1", 170ish lbs. I should probably work out a little and eat more fruits and nuts(not suggesting I'm fat by any means, but I never work out or eat particularly healthy).

ALIENX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By ALIENX

6'1", 140 lbs. I eat healthy, it was how I was raised as a kid (my parents were real health nuts)

Avatar image for rough_side_of_the_sponge
Rough_Side_of_the_Sponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm 6'1 and 180 pounds. (great, now i have rappers delight stuck in my head)

One of the guys on the rooster teeth podcast was saying he has a treadmill in front of the tv, so he just walks while he plays games. I think this is a great idea providing you have enough room.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Franstone

5'9 178 pounds last time I checked.

I quit smoking.

Take a vitamin every day and try to eat healthy most of the time, haven't had fast food in over a year.

Drink water, drink alcahol less often, never drink soda, unless there is captains involved when I do booze it up.

Go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and mountain bike as often as I can amongst other things.

I figure I spent a good portion of my life destroying my body, time to reverse the curse.

Not a dirty neck-beard...

; )

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By captain_clayman

5'8, 165.  a little on the chubby side mainly because i have no muscle because i'm lazy.  it's starting to go away though, as i've stopped drinking soda and snacking so much.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By ds8k

5'9" 239lbs. I'm overweight, but I'm also in the process of fixing it.

Also, I don't smell. Being fat does not directly mean someone smells bad. People that are fat and smell bad are just lazy and do not properly wash themselves.

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Mentalnova

5'7 - 123

I eat 1 or if I'm lucky 2 good meals a day.