ARE you a Midnight Launcher Duder?

• 68 results
bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll ARE you a Midnight Launcher Duder? (93 votes)

YES, I need the Game/Console DAy 1 28%
No i can wait for amazon and i am noy crazy 82%

I think I'm going to go to get GTA5 at midnight, don't really do midnight launches. In the past few years I've only gone to Gears 3 and Halo 4 launches. I find it to be awkward since its mostly teenagers thinking they are the shit peeling out in their shitty cars once they get the game or little kids with their parents which, Why are you buying Halo or Gear for your kid?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I always love the idea of being a person that waits in a midnight launch, but I never actually do it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been tempted, but I've never done it. I do want to do it someday just for the experience, though.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because I have work the next morning and my time is worth too much to be standing around in a line.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I used to do midnight launches. Now I just do Best Buy and wait for Mr. Amazon's brownies. Maybe digital from now on soon, might be the case here. We'll see.

xGryfter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did the midnight launch thing for the 360 but now I just stick with Amazon's launch day delivery.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have to wake up pretty early so I don't go to midnight launches. I do want to go to one someday but now is not ideal.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I did midnight launch for Wrath of the Lich King. It's pretty much a waste of time unless you treat it like an event (bring a group of friends/cosplay/talk with random people) instead of just a way to play the game a few hours sooner.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I did it for madden once and will never do it again. I either have to a) work in the morning, b) pleasure myself, or c) both.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did for Dark Souls; game's like top 2 or 3 this generation but it's not like I gained anything from doing that; could've just done it later that morning. Would have done a digital download for the Last of Us if it wasn't so damn gigantic.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#10 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I only ever did a midnight launch once, for Skyrim. Don't plan on ever doing it again.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zeik

I don't even get consoles within the launch year.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I used to do it for WoW (standing in line for hours in the middle of winter with a thousand WoW nerds is a strange experience), I couldn't care less about stuff like that now.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

108%

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SITE BROKE

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, half the time i buy games they sit in the case for days or weeks before i even open them.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SITE BROKE

Giantbomb knows the correct answer.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17 chaser324  Moderator

I used to do midnight launches quite a bit, but Amazon Prime with free release day delivery has been working well for me for the past few years.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Should've been an "Occasionally" option. Which is what I would've picked, because I've only done it once before with Max Payne 3, and I plan on doing the same for GTAV.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to live across the street from a Gamestop that basically no one went to. It made midnight launches involving putting on flip-flops at 11:55 and walking across the street.

It was amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering I wake up at six to head to work, I don't think I'd be able to manage a midnight release, nor would I want to even if I didn't work. What's the point of getting the game early only to fall asleep immediately as you get home?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to live across the street from a Gamestop that basically no one went to. It made midnight launches involving putting on flip-flops at 11:55 and walking across the street.

It was amazing.

Loading Video...

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I used to do that kinda stuff. It's definitely fun to do a couple of times.

Now my backlog is too big and my wallet too light.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ARE!

...but no. I did experience that kind of thing hanging out outside of a GameStop all night in December so my friend could get his hands on one of five Wiis that were being stocked that night- but I don't plan on going to any midnight launches for these new consoles.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did it twice with Halo 2 and Halo 3, but now that we have same day delivery and I'm not an impatient teenager anymore I can just order online and wait for a game to show up at my doorstep.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BisonHero
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'm just fine waiting for Amazon, thank you.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27 gamer_152  Moderator

I did it once, for Halo 4, and that was kind of fun, but I don't feel the urge to get any game the second it comes out.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I think Skyrim is the only game I've gone to a midnight launch for and it was completely on a whim. I walked in and I said "I want Skyrim", he said "what version?", I said "360", I paid for it and then I left. It was quite the experience.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I slept in a parking lot for a PS2 and have gone to midnight releases for a couple games just because I happen to be out at the time. But now it would have to be something really amazing to get me out, probably something like Fallout 4 would do it for me. I just don't get as crazy about games as I use to.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By nightriff

I wish I could do it but I have a kid now and just can't do it, so I'm just going to wait for Amazon to show up with my console on the 15th. And I look at the possibility of watching the duders play the games on a live stream and then see what games are worth getting so it isn't so bad to wait a few extra hours.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By meaninoflife42

The only midnight thing I went to was for Halo 4. I did it to see what it was like. It was dumb so I shant do it again.

Also the poll is now at 112%

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I've never been to a midnight launch for anything. Granted, there is literally only Walmart's around here, but I'd see no need to go to a midnight launch even if there was a store holding one. I can wait for an Amazon delivery.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the voting broken? Answering the question tho, no, never been to midnight launches. Pointless.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TruthTellah

I'm not a crazy person, if that's what you're really asking.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the voting broken? Answering the question tho, no, never been to midnight launches. Pointless.

GB is on the Dragon Ball Z percentage system

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did midnight launches for Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, but I went to 20-30 minutes after midnight so there was pretty much no line left.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: I thought we were all in on the joke where the guy who made this poll thread allowed for multiple answers, so hilariously everyone was choosing the bottom answer, and sometimes both answers.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I've only gone to a couple of midnight launches at gamestop. I show up at 10, pay if I still owe money and go home, then come back at midnight and pick it up.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poll has been infiltrated by the mythical 10 percenters.

The only game I can think of right now excluding next gen titles that I would pick up day 1 is Dark Souls 2. Yes I'm eager for punishment...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By ajamafalous

First thread I see after I get home from a 12 hour shift and I read the title as "Are you a Midnight Lucha Deer"

holy shit it's been a long day

Also poll's not broken you guys; it's because it's a multiple-option poll.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hailinel

@hailinel: I thought we were all in on the joke where the guy who made this poll thread allowed for multiple answers, so hilariously everyone was choosing the bottom answer, and sometimes both answers.

Oh, is that how that works? Shit, I am a moron.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So that is what that little box is for, was on my phone so did not realize i check marked it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BisonHero

@hailinel: @bigjeffrey: Yes to both of you, that is indeed how the "allow multiple answers" option works with polls. Occasionally someone makes a poll without mutually exclusive options, but most of the time someone clicks it, hilarity ensues. It's almost as awesome as when there's a livestream poll in the chat that only has one option for viewers to click on.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quebec doesn't do midnight launches, but if they did I probably would only go for console launches.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell. No. I am not a crazy person.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#47  Edited By musubi
audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By audiosnow

I went to Halo: Reach since it was Bungie's last Halo release and Halo PC was a terrific game.

Now that I get up at 4 AM, and I'm not into playing video games as much, there's not a snowball's chance I'll do it again for anything less than a sequel to System Shock 2.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to every major midnight launch in '07 and '08, as I worked at a Gamestop at the time. I went to the Skyrim launch, and my friend and I were the only ones there over the age of 18. I went to the SR4 launch a couple weeks back where I got that game and XCOM. The guy at the register told me I was the only one there that got a SR4 PC copy, only one that got XCOM, and the only one that even knew what XCOM was. He gave me a poster.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By rentfn

I pre-ordered the PS4 at Best Buy. I had a ton of gift cards and reward zone points. So I'm going there at midnight to pick it up. Amazon is sending me the Day One x-box thou.