• 94 results
#1 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
#2 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -

I spent $140 at Bookman's yesterday . . . . I went in there for a GameCube memory card. Nuff said.

#3 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I bought F1 2010 because the box looked cool
#4 Posted by Gamer_152 (14067 posts) -

No. I don't have a lot of money so I'm very careful about what I purchase, although if there's one threat to peoples' rational purchasing it's Steam.

#5 Posted by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

Nope, I'm very decisive.

#6 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

Yes, as long as I have money, the problem is I don't have it.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

I used to.  When I got my first job, I spent a shit ton of my money on video games.

#8 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11613 posts) -

Yes, and no. I rarely will buy a game at full price, unless I really want it. But when the price becomes $30 or below... I tend to do bad things with my money. I bought Jagged Alliance 2 because it was on sale, and I hate that game.

#9 Posted by captain_clayman (3320 posts) -

no.  i cant get a job yet.  i have no money.  i only get like 3 new games a year, so i have to decide long and hard about what they will be.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19325 posts) -

No (excluding insane Steam deals).  I always know that what I buy, I'll enjoy.

#11 Posted by astrotriforce (1326 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" Yes, and no. I rarely will buy a game at full price, unless I really want it. But when the price becomes $30 or below... I tend to do bad things with my money. I bought Jagged Alliance 2 because it was on sale, and I hate that game. "
Hahahahaha. I'm not talking new games specifically here so it all counts. I just mean gaming in general, new or used. I rarely buy new games either. Though i did spend $80 last month on the Alan Wake special edition.  

@Yanngc33 said:
" I bought F1 2010 because the box looked cool "
LOL. Wow. 
#12 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Never, not even a little bit.  When I was very young I did buy games based on the box occasionally.  Now I basically know everything about a game months in advance before I buy it.

#13 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

No.  I have never had that much excess money, so I have always had to be picky in what I buy.

#14 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@CitizenKane said:
" No.  I have never had that much excess money, so I have always had to be picky in what I buy. "
Same here. 

*sadness*
#15 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Sort of.

#16 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

I used to be. Not anymore, though.

#17 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

yep. often! 

#18 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

I used to be when I was younger, but when I realized I had way too many games that I almost never played, I started thinking more about what I was going to buy. 
Other reasons was that I got older and also had to pay for clothes and stuff myself, which meant less games.

#19 Edited by fisk0 (4022 posts) -

Cheap games, hell yes, I'm a impulse buyer on those - I buy almost anything that cost less than $3 that looks even remotely interesting.

I almost never buy any games that cost more than $20 though, not even those that feed the hungry and cure cancer.

#20 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

No, I don't have the money to spend. It takes me about a week to fully decide whether or not I should invest in a game.

#21 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Oh god yes. I had two fairly solid impulse purchases in the past 2 months. The first was when I broke my Dualshock controller, so I went into Best Buy looking to buy another one. Deterred by the $54.99 price tag, I complained and started to walk out until I saw DJ Hero & the turntable for $50. Bought it immediately. 
 Second was when I went to Target to buy some Mac & Cheese, ended up walking out with the Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition with the Vinyl soundtrack, artbook, posters & game for $35. I already own the game on the PC, mind you.

#22 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

No. 
I have games that I want and if I see them, I'll buy them, but only if I have the money. I research into games too much beforehand to just see "WHOA HARVEST MOON" *buys 8*

#23 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Yes.

#24 Posted by Wes899 (2108 posts) -

Steam sales are my murderer.

#25 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@Wes899 said:
" Steam sales are my murderer. "
#26 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

No. 

Unless it was a Steam sale.

#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10883 posts) -

For the most part no, but there have been a few times that I did. For example, I bought Viewtiful Joe based solely on my playing it a few minutes before on a GameCube at a Toys'R'Us. And there were a few other times when something was marked down a lot in price and I picked it up.

#28 Edited by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

See Halo: Reach for $28. 
On tight budget, need both blizzcon ticket and cata collectors edition 
wat do? 

(I bought it and now I'm barely gonna be able to scrape shit together) 

#29 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

No, not unless they're super cheap, like about £5/$8

#30 Posted by TehFedro (431 posts) -

On my birthday last year I got BlazBlue just because my friends were talking about it.

#31 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Games below $20? Yes, very impulsive.

#32 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Usually when the price range is around $10-20...

But otherwise no.

#33 Posted by OneManX (1685 posts) -

There have been a number of games I bought that I thought would be cool, but I traded them in 

Did it with Soul Caliber 4, The Orange Box on 360, NCAA, Bad Company 1, and some others

#34 Posted by Phanman (30 posts) -

I'm usually pretty calculated about what I want to buy. Like most people said on here though, I do sometimes make an impulse buy on Steam, especially during their sales.

#35 Posted by Helios1337 (325 posts) -

Steam sales get me every time.

#36 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Definitely not. But it's much less an issue of money, and more an issue of getting older and realizing that there's a shit ton of bad games out there.

#37 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I used to be. But at the moment I'm trying to decide whether to cancel my pre-order of GT5 and use the money to pay for Castlevania. So I wouldn't say I'm impulsive anymore.

#38 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Nope. I can spend weeks deciding. That said, I picked up a game a few days back on a whim because it was like £11

#39 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Damn you Steam!!!
#40 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

No, but i did buy L4D and Borderlands on impulses. Not big mistakes so idc. Usually I decide way before they come out and stick to my decision though. 

#41 Posted by Hostile (148 posts) -

What should I vote for if I never pay MSRP for a retail game out of pocket without the help of gift cards and/or credit but I am willing to pay for games on sale I'll probably never play but want to play? I really have no idea why I walk into video game stores anymore because I never buy anything.

#42 Posted by oysteinBrenne (284 posts) -

yes some times  
clash of the titans  
secret service ultimate sacrifice   
call of juarez bound in blood  
the darkness 
wanted  
XIII 
mafia
urban chaos 
evil dead a fistful of boomstick
killer 7 
state of emergency 2 
bioshock 
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Frontlines: Fuel of War

#43 Posted by senrat (320 posts) -

Ive only bought 1 new game this year and a 7 dollar pc game. So no im very non impulsive.  I barely spend any money on games.  There on tons of games i havent played but really want too. 

#44 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

When it comes to the bargain bin/budget games in the local game store I can sometimes buy a few at the same time, but I have a very strict list of oldies I want to collect and games I just want to give a try.
So overal no, since I'm pretty broke most of the time thanks to monthly payments and the like.

#45 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Hell no, It is 60 bucks I am spending and usually every 5-9 months. I can't afford to impulse buy games

#46 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -
@ArbitraryWater said:
" Yes, and no. I rarely will buy a game at full price, unless I really want it. But when the price becomes $30 or below... I tend to do bad things with my money. I bought Jagged Alliance 2 because it was on sale, and I hate that game. "
This exactly.
#47 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

When those damn Steam sales happen!

#48 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

On occasion I take a gamble with games I'm not sure on or plain don't know, but typically I get recommendations from friends/co-workers and I check Metacritic/Gamerankings to see if the reviewers who enjoy similar things as I have reviewed particular titles of interest.

#49 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Yes with iPod Touch games.  With PS3/ PC games no I am not.  Let see... in March I bought Just Cause 2, then I bought Shank during the summer, and now I bought Dead Rising 2.  So the only full price game there was Just Cause 2.  As for iPod Touch games though, I buy like one two every week, but I'm slowing down now that I have like a full page of folders all full of games.

#50 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

A lot of the games I own were impulse purchases. I walk into a store and if the box art looks dumb, I buy it. That's how I end up with such masterpieces as Cocoto Fishing Master and Heavenly Guardian. Just the other day I came across APB and some game that had a quote from Norman Chan on the box. I managed to come to my senses though, and left with neither game. I need to come to my senses more often.