• 95 results
Edited 7 months, 27 days ago

Poll: are you currently playing a free to play game? (241 votes)

yes 65%
I did, but stopped 12%
no 23%

I was just wondering because I've been playing the best free to play game ever made

pokemon trading card game online

(it's really not it's horrible and pay to win and it sucks I don't know why I keep playing)

but free to play games are the hot new shit or something, so I was just wonderin.

(by the way, by currently I mean you've played it in the last 2 weeks)

#1 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#2 Posted by minivan (173 posts) -

Team Fortress 2!

#3 Edited by Atlas (2430 posts) -

I'm still playing a decent amount of Plants vs. Zombies 2 here and there. I've gotten over my initial disgust at them having turned PvZ into this kind of game, and now I'm able to enjoy it. Haven't put any money into it though.

@breadfan said:

Playing Path of Exile on and off. It's pretty rad.

I've been meaning to check that out, too. Heard pretty much nothing but good things.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

@minivan said:

Team Fortress 2!

I wonder if that counts if you bought it before.

I'm not making any judgments myself, just wondering

#5 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5330 posts) -

Racing in PoE and Hearthstone

#6 Edited by BeachThunder (11689 posts) -

#7 Edited by bigjeffrey (4774 posts) -

TF2 / Killer Instinct

also insert forza5 here

#8 Posted by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

I loved playing tf2 doublecross (ctf map, best map) for a spell, but I got bored of it. Well spent 157 hours, but I doubt Ill get back into it.

Right now I just dont see any f2p games that appeal to what I like in games.

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

@beachthunder: Lol, is that a picture of your girlfriend or something? If so, I get the joke and it's funny, but kind of weird that you'd post it here.

#10 Edited by Kyelb22 (297 posts) -

Dota 2, all day, every day. (I have a problem, please send help)

#11 Posted by BisonHero (6159 posts) -

@naru_joe93 said:

@beachthunder: Lol, is that a picture of your girlfriend or something? If so, I get the joke and it's funny, but kind of weird that you'd post it here.

Here's a hint:

NEVER. Another hint: Forza 5 Quick Look

#12 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

that's from the forza 5 quick look.

#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5538 posts) -

I know Yugioh has unofficial online dueling software that's free, so I'm willing to bet you could find something like that for the Pokemon card game as well.

#14 Posted by RonGalaxy (2868 posts) -

@animasta said:

@naru_joe93 said:

okay, now Im really lost. Why post it here? Whats the thread man?

#15 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

I've been playing a bit of Champions Online. I kind of go back to that every now and then.

#16 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11471 posts) -

I started playing League of Legends again since they rolled out the preseason changes. That won't end poorly.

#17 Posted by Krullban (1023 posts) -

Some SWTOR and LOTRO.

#18 Posted by Klaimore (945 posts) -

Now that I think about it I've been playing a lot of cool ones. Path of the Exile, Dota 2, Warframe, TF2.

#19 Edited by BisonHero (6159 posts) -

@atlas said:

I'm still playing a decent amount of Plants vs. Zombies 2 here and there. I've gotten over my initial disgust at them having turned PvZ into this kind of game, and now I'm able to enjoy it. Haven't put any money into it though.

Yeah, I play PvZ 2 in situations when I am incredibly bored but it would not be socially acceptable to just whip out my 3DS. Seriously though, fuck giving that game any money at all. I would've gladly paid $10-$20 up front for a well made game, but (once they presumably roll in more levels with more plants and upgrades to buy) I'm not going to be fucking nickel and dimed for like $45 for a fucking Plants vs. Zombies game.

Also, when are they rolling in more levels with more content? The current worlds are kinda a joke to blast through, and even though grinding for keys takes a while, I've basically done everything. I mean, I'm a patient person who will leave it installed on my phone, waiting for more levels, but I bet lots of smartphone gamers are not so patient and have already lost interest.

I also play SolForge on Steam, but as much as the card artwork and gameplay side are decent, the UI and overall production value feels really amateurish and the PC version feels way too much like a touch-based iPad game. I've done my daily login to SolForge for quite a few weeks now and have a decent card pool, but I'm kinda bored of the current metagame because certain cards are just very obviously powerful, and they haven't added any new cards yet.

#20 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Yup, I play way too much League of Legends.

#21 Posted by TehBuLL (591 posts) -

Lots of Hearthstone and some TF2. Blacklight Retribution within the last month.

#22 Posted by Hone_McBone (99 posts) -

Dota 2 & judging from the steam stats a ton of other people aretoo.

#23 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (457 posts) -

I play way too much Marvel Heroes. I also play solforge and I recently got into the alpha for Hex (another digital tcg but with a bunch of MMO elements).

#24 Edited by me3639 (1725 posts) -

Path of Exile and Warframe, both are some of the best games of the year.

#25 Edited by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Used to play a ton of dota but after getting my ps4 I haven't played for a week it so. Man, does it feel good to be free...

Post 4444. Last post I ever make

#26 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Mostly sticking with the Cryptic, SoE and/or Funcom MMOs though I started when they were a paying system but now are all free to play on Steam.

#27 Posted by Pr1mus (3807 posts) -

No. And never really did for any meaningful amount of time either.

Team Fortress 2 i played for hundreds of hours but that was before it went f2p and it was better then.

#28 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

League of Legends and Path of Exile.

#29 Posted by benspyda (2030 posts) -

@animasta said:

@naru_joe93 said:

okay, now Im really lost. Why post it here? Whats the thread man?

Forza 5 is full of free to play microtransactions is what I think he was getting at.

#30 Posted by SharkMan (628 posts) -

tf2

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I've played League of Legends for a few years now, and I've been playing Warframe since closed beta. I also like to load up Marvel Heroes, Path of Exile, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Tera, and a handful of others from time to time.

However, the first two are the ones that I've really stuck with.

#32 Posted by Chemystery (214 posts) -

Path of Exile is one of the newer and better free to play games I've played. I thought it would get old really fast but its lasting much longer than I thought it would.

#33 Posted by shinboy630 (1133 posts) -

Played some Warframe tonight, that game seems pretty rad.

#34 Posted by mosespippy (4031 posts) -

Yesterday I signed into Runescape for the first time in a while (360 days apparently) just to see what's new. Turns out it's all new since it's now Runescape 3. Unfortunately it's making me go through a long and boring tutorial even though my total level is over 1000. I might play it some more. I might not.

#35 Posted by XCEagle (108 posts) -

TF2, DOTA 2, DCUO

Looking forward to Hearthstone when that opens up.

#36 Posted by MonetaryDread (1991 posts) -

My iPhone is filled with free to play games. I don't hate them like most gamers claim to.

#37 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

DotA 2, Trackmania Nations, League of Legends, Path of Exile, Warframe, Black Mesa.

#38 Edited by produceman (98 posts) -

Im playing Warframe, Path of exile, and Team Fortress 2. I have only put money into TF2, and thats because I have put over 200 hrs into it and felt like giving back

#39 Posted by tourgen (4427 posts) -

@breadfan said:

I tried but didn't like any of the classes they offered. Which are fun?

Warframe though, that's a pretty great game for a f2p deal.

#40 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Yup, I play way too much League of Legends.

Same. I'll eventually get around to playing all my provisional matches. Bronze, here I come!

#41 Edited by Morningstar (2139 posts) -

Yes, hearthstone.

#42 Posted by ajamafalous (11845 posts) -

@tourgen said:

@breadfan said:

I tried but didn't like any of the classes they offered. Which are fun?

If it hasn't changed since I last played (which was over a year ago in the closed beta, so it may have), every class is exactly the same; the only thing that changes is where you start on the passive skill tree.

#43 Posted by ripelivejam (3528 posts) -

thinking of touchin wawrfraem, is the community pretty receptive to noobs?

#44 Posted by Nadril (523 posts) -

Yes, several.

Dota 2, Hearthstone, and occasionally Path of Exile.

#45 Posted by mina_mina752 (121 posts) -

tribes ascend and tf2

#46 Edited by Broomhitches (172 posts) -

My gaming PC is out of commission at the moment, but my laptop can run Path of Exile, so I'm playing that again.

#47 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Rift.

#48 Posted by Ezekiel (370 posts) -

I was playing Cave Story, but I ran out of patience near the end of the game, where you have to find Sue's mother.

#49 Posted by Opus (148 posts) -

Warframe on the PS4 right now, it is (falsetto) awesoooome.

Also Dota 2 on occasion, I'm burning out on it though.

#50 Posted by sdharrison (476 posts) -

DCUO on PS3, PS4 as soon as I get one. Great, underrated game