• 107 results
#1 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

A few weeks ago i made a topic about how IGN keeps posting Articles to warn you when their review comes out.

Articles like this are really short and are only there for page views and get more ad money.

Now i have come across something even worse. I don't really hate IGN they bring alot of news stories really fast but this time they have outdone themselfs.

I noticed that they repost the SAME article a few times every few weeks.

For example

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Kits_(Unlocks)

As you can see on the page the last edit was 9 days ago. But the article is on the front page of IGN at the top.

Can they really get any more desperate?

They did the same thing with a Modern warfare article called '' 5 things why modern warfare 3 won't dissapoint''. They posted it at the beginning of this week and yesterday.

Damm you IGN you sure know how to entertain me.

#2 Posted by Crono11 (1640 posts) -

Maybe you should stop going there.

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Crono11 said:

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

THAT'S GREAT BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK

#5 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

Leave me alone ! you keep chasing me down in every topic, stop following me.

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

#7 Edited by Octaslash (487 posts) -

Besides being completely irrelevant to this forum, I really don't see the problem here. So what if they want to get people interested in their wiki or want to keep their (dumb) popular article up top? 

Also, no one is fucking stalking you. You're not that interesting.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

oh hey..... 

it's Edin

#9 Posted by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -

I don't see where they're in the wrong for this

#10 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

Here's how you fix this: Go to google. Add *.ign to your block list. They never show up in results again.

That's what I do for ehow, howcast, yahoo answers, etc.

#11 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

oh hey..... it's Edin

:(

@Zacagawea said:

You don't think its a little shady? I do like IGN guys, not hating them, but it's just a lazy way to get page views

#12 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

#13 Posted by pantzing_nome (583 posts) -

@Taklulas said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

#14 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Nhaa, I think you should keep going there.

#15 Posted by Brodehouse (9588 posts) -

Maybe you could...

IGNore it.

#16 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

The destructoid has had a story on their front page for weeks, selling a new T-shirt. The tee is pretty cool, and it is their website, so I don't care really. You just scroll past the story.

#17 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@pantzing_nome said:

@Taklulas said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

#18 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

@Stingraymond said:

Who cares... at least they post a hell of a lot of content unlike a certain crappy lazily-run site that rhymes with MiantMom.com

giantbomb.ru ?

#19 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

The internet sometimes makes me dislike people so much. : (

#20 Posted by Andorski (5191 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Maybe you could... IGNore it.

YEAHHH!!!
#21 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

These "fillers" are disgusting.

#22 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@Crono11 said:

I think he should stop coming here

#23 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@Stingraymond said:

Who cares... at least they post a hell of a lot of content unlike a certain crappy lazily-run site that rhymes with MiantMom.com

Quality > Quantity

#24 Posted by SockLobster (456 posts) -

ign is for people that have small brains

#25 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

What's an IGN?

#26 Posted by Hailinel (23905 posts) -

@Stingraymond said:

GiantMom.com? I wasn't aware that a site that catered to the giantess MILF fetishist demographic was in the habit of posting video game news at all.

#27 Posted by endaround (2138 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Stingraymond said:

GiantMom.com? I wasn't aware that a site that catered to the giantess MILF fetishist demographic was in the habit of posting video game news at all.

Its Giantpom.com, a site dedicated to cheer leader equipment and reviews. It fucking sucks.

#28 Posted by EpicBenjamin (624 posts) -
@Stingraymond

OH SNAP.
#29 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@Edin899:

Why do you care? I don't mean to sound like a dick by saying that but this sounds like such an easy thing to avoid. Don't click the article and you won't support what it is you think is so bad (which I don't totally understand or see as being bad).

#30 Posted by Zabant (1235 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

The internet sometimes makes me dislike people so much. : (

You should try working retail, it will really hit home that it isnt just online that people are dicks.

#31 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

@Axxol said:

@Stingraymond said:

Quality > Quantity

Though, to be fair, about 98% of the written content on GiantBomb is just passing along a trailer or a press release, like every other videogame or tech product site on the internet.

#32 Posted by RobertOrri (1120 posts) -

@Branthog said:

Here's how you fix this: Go to google. Add *.ign to your block list. They never show up in results again.

That's what I do for ehow, howcast, yahoo answers, etc.

Even better, if you're using Chrome just get Personal Blocklist and block them right as you get them in your search results.

#33 Posted by Milkman (16527 posts) -

That article seems like a pretty useful thing to me.

#34 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Edin899:

Why do you care? I don't mean to sound like a dick by saying that but this sounds like such an easy thing to avoid. Don't click the article and you won't support what it is you think is so bad (which I don't totally understand or see as being bad).

I don´t know why i care, i don´t i also clicked and read the article to see what my new unluck is. I just feel like it´s a lazy way to get more page views. Did not say it´s not effective.@TeflonBilly said:

@Crono11 said:

I think he should stop coming here

Ahhhh Cmon!

#35 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

@Edin899 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

oh hey..... it's Edin

:(

@Zacagawea said:

You don't think its a little shady? I do like IGN guys, not hating them, but it's just a lazy way to get page views

It's only shady to the ones who pay a little too much interest in uninteresting thing's and make up conspiracy theories about them.

They're a website that gets money on each click and page view so of course they might resort to this sort of behaviour, sure it may be annoying to some but does it really affect you in any way what so ever? I mean really affect you?

#36 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@Branthog said:

@Axxol said:

@Stingraymond said:

Quality > Quantity

Though, to be fair, about 98% of the written content on GiantBomb is just passing along a trailer or a press release, like every other videogame or tech product site on the internet.

I am not talking about posting dumb trailers and what not. They posted the same article 2 times in 2 weeks.

#37 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Crono11 said:

@Brodehouse said:

Maybe you could... IGNore it.

@FancySoapsMan said:

#38 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

@TorMasturba: Yes i wake up thinking about IGN.

It just makes me appreciate great sites like Giantbomb more where they actually care what they post !

Heyooo

#39 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

@Stingraymond said:

Then why are you even here?!

#40 Posted by AllThatBacon (513 posts) -

@Crono11 said:

#41 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

If this is what keeps you awake at night I fear for your future.

#42 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Don't care about IGN or what they do, but at least they're living in the present and offer free HD video. (I should add this has been their practice for years and years now)

I'm still baffled by the limit of 360P when content is now on YouTube.

#43 Posted by alexl86 (620 posts) -

I lost faith in IGN(what little I had anyway) when I saw their crossbreeding article about Skyrim... but even that wasn't as bad as their "5 reasons why Dark Souls will eat Skyrim's face".

#44 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Wow... the giantbomb community is really disapointing this days. He is just sharing something he noticed and is telling us his own opinion wich I think is valid. No need to be such dicks you guys. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

Anyways, IGN has been doing this for years and years. What I really don't understand is why they have such large user base. They are clearly doing something wrong and there are lots of websites doing much better stuff like Killer Screen, Destructoid (Most of the time), Joystick, Giant Bomb, hell... even Gametrailers is better than that clusterfuck of a website.

#45 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

@Deusx said:

Wow... the giantbomb community is really disapointing this days. He is just sharing something he noticed and is telling us his own opinion wich I think is valid. No need to be such dicks you guys. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

The irony. He can share his opinion and that's ok. We share our opinions on his opinion and that's not ok. WHERE'S THE LINE!?!?!?!?

#46 Posted by el_tajij (708 posts) -

I've always been a fan of:

'You can't spell ignorant without IGN!'

#47 Posted by Rawrnosaurous (768 posts) -

@el_tajij: Why would you capitalize the IGN in ignorant?

#48 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I like IGN, sure they try and advertise there wiki and guides and things, but that's cause there pretty good.

#49 Posted by mshaw006 (539 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

The irony. He can share his opinion and that's ok. We share our opinions on his opinion and that's not ok. WHERE'S THE LINE!?!?!?!?

Deusx was saying that people shouldn't be dicks, not that they shouldn't share their opinion.

#50 Posted by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

@Edin899: I made the same mistake making a thread about another website. Don't do it again! You have been warned.

@Deusx said:

Wow... the giantbomb community is really disapointing this days.

No it's not. It's the same as it was last year. If you haven't noticed, this site is filled with sarcastic dicks who can be intelligent when quality threads are made. When threads like this are made, expect the worse. Now if you want to talk about how disappointing the threads on Giantbomb are nowadays, then that's something to talk about. I learned not to post threads of other game websites on Giantbomb a long time ago. Now he shall learn the same.

@Rawrnosaurous said:

@el_tajij: Why would you capitalize the IGN in ignorant?

Because it's punny.

@Kyle said:

@Hameyadea said:

@TheHT said:

@XII_Sniper said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DjCmeP said:

@pantzing_nome said:

@Taklulas said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said: