Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By JasonR86

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

Wow... the giantbomb community is really disapointing this days. He is just sharing something he noticed and is telling us his own opinion wich I think is valid. No need to be such dicks you guys. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

The irony. He can share his opinion and that's ok. We share our opinions on his opinion and that's not ok. WHERE'S THE LINE!?!?!?!?

Deusx was saying that people shouldn't be dicks, not that they shouldn't share their opinion.

I'm not really sure people have been real dicks on here. We might have teased and asked, for good reason, 'why' but I don't think we've been excessively rude. I think we're teasing more then anything else. But what I see happening on these boards a lot are people sharing an opinion and, once other people give an opinion that is different then the original opinion, people scream, "You're all being dicks!". Maybe that wasn't what was implied by deusx so, if that is so, then sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By awesomeusername

@EpicBenjamin said:

@Stingraymond

Who cares... at least they post a hell of a lot of content unlike a certain crappy lazily-run site that rhymes with MiantMom.com

OH SNAP.

(Continues sentence) It's Stingaraymond!

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By themangalist
@Stingraymond

Who cares... at least they post a hell of a lot of content unlike a certain crappy lazily-run site that rhymes with MiantMom.com

That is... kind of true. If it weren't for Giantbomb's fantastic crew, this site is much inferior to other gaming news outlets out there.
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By awesomeusername

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

Wow... the giantbomb community is really disapointing this days. He is just sharing something he noticed and is telling us his own opinion wich I think is valid. No need to be such dicks you guys. CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

The irony. He can share his opinion and that's ok. We share our opinions on his opinion and that's not ok. WHERE'S THE LINE!?!?!?!?

Deusx was saying that people shouldn't be dicks, not that they shouldn't share their opinion.

I'm not really sure people have been real dicks on here. We might have teased and asked, for good reason, 'why' but I don't think we've been excessively rude. I think we're teasing more then anything else. But what I see happening on these boards a lot are people sharing an opinion and, once other people give an opinion that is different then the original opinion, people scream, "You're all being dicks!". Maybe that wasn't what was implied by deusx so, if that is so, then sorry for jumping to conclusions.

Dicks. It's what we are! When terrible threads like this are put into the forums, it just causes more clutter and shouldn't even be on this site. That's when the users of Giantbomb destroy the thread with dickish comments. That's the cycle of the internet.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@awesomeusername said:

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

Dicks. It's what we are! When terrible threads like this are put into the forums, it just causes more clutter and shouldn't even be on this site. That's when the users of Giantbomb destroy the thread with dickish comments. That's the cycle of the internet.

Yes because we all know the Internet is FULL of nazis

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By MaddProdigy

@Stingraymond said:

Dude how can you troll on Giantbomb? People very soon recognize your name and just stop responding in my experience. With those mad skills, you must be a seasoned veteran of you're mom's couch.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AlexW00d

@Stingraymond said:

The sooner you leave the better. You're the worst troll we've had.

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By countinhallways

Maybe you should get a haircut and go grocery shopping.

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mshaw006

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

Yeah, I don't think you were a dick. Some people said that they hated threads like this, and things like "Who the fuck cares." They were being dicks.

I do think, though, that people (not speaking directly to you, JasonR86) are missing the point of the thread. Edin obviously made it to bring IGN's somewhat shady front page decisions to the community's attention, in order to get consensus on whether what they're doing is ok or not. People mostly are responding by telling him how to avoid IGN, as if he made the thread to get advice. I'm sure he knows that he doesn't have to go to IGN, but, like it or not, they are a major player in videogaming news and content, and it's ok for the community to have an opinion on the way they present their information. I think it's fine to bring it to the attention of the community if they're doing something slightly underhandedly, and people giving Edin advice on the matter are not understanding that that's the point of the thread.

With that in mind, I think the least dickish response is "Huh, that's a little messed up. It doesn't really change my opinion of IGN, though; they've sucked for a long time."

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@AhmadMetallic said:

oh hey..... it's Edin

He's the new Jay except Jay still exists.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Karl_Boss

You guys are giving Edin a lot of undeserved flak.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By Wraxend

There is a very easy solution to IGN just delete them from your favorites. Simple.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#63  Edited By Daneian

Is it at all possible they are just trying to keep articles they think are relevant from being drowned out? IGN posts a lot of articles and seems that might happen.

Also, the people who read it the first time aren't likely to click on it again and those that weren't interested enough to click on it then, won't click on it now.

What's the issue?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By AngelN7

What is this "IGN" you´re talking about what´s that even mean is a videogame website or something? so are there others besides Giantbomb ... No way

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Turambar
@MariachiMacabre said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

oh hey..... it's Edin

He's the new Jay except Jay still exists.

To be fair, Jay's threads, while still rather crude in writing, actually causes some legitimate discussion now more often than not.
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NegativeCero

I don't have a problem with IGN. I recognize that they post a lot of stuff everyday and they have huge teams working hard to get it up there. Although I am kind bummed that 1UP is now part of IGN, but I suppose the alternative is worse.

Also, people need to calm down.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#67  Edited By Kazona

I completely disagree that this is shady, nor do I believe they're actually reposting entire articles. Rather, what I think is actually happening, is that they have a carousel system of sorts, which works behind the scenes, and resurfaces articles to the front page. I'm certain that if they were actually trying to fool users into thinking they were all freshly written and posted articles each time, they wouldn't make it so blatantly obvious when an article was last edited.

And yes, they are doing it for those extra page views, but so is everyone else. I certainly don't see this as being any more shady than employing facebook or twitter to draw more people to articles you've posted.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#68  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Wait a minute I am trying to give a fuck.

Wait..

I think I got it........nope

This time for real...

No, sorry it seems I am just unable to give a fuck about IGN.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Can't spell Awesome Website without IGN. Oh wait

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#70  Edited By Sooty

@themangalist said:

@Stingraymond

That is... kind of true. If it weren't for Giantbomb's fantastic crew, this site is much inferior to other gaming news outlets out there.

I think Tested is the worst offender, aside from app of the day videos and the random video every now and then, I wonder what the hell Norm and Will must do with their time.

They very rarely write articles, and reviews are almost just as rare. Usually late to the party too.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Jeffsekai

Fucking stop it, who the fuck cares. God fucking dammit.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#72  Edited By JasonR86

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

Yeah, I don't think you were a dick. Some people said that they hated threads like this, and things like "Who the fuck cares." They were being dicks.

I do think, though, that people (not speaking directly to you, JasonR86) are missing the point of the thread. Edin obviously made it to bring IGN's somewhat shady front page decisions to the community's attention, in order to get consensus on whether what they're doing is ok or not. People mostly are responding by telling him how to avoid IGN, as if he made the thread to get advice. I'm sure he knows that he doesn't have to go to IGN, but, like it or not, they are a major player in videogaming news and content, and it's ok for the community to have an opinion on the way they present their information. I think it's fine to bring it to the attention of the community if they're doing something slightly underhandedly, and people giving Edin advice on the matter are not understanding that that's the point of the thread.

With that in mind, I think the least dickish response is "Huh, that's a little messed up. It doesn't really change my opinion of IGN, though; they've sucked for a long time."

The problem with the less dickish response you gave was that it only allows for one opinion. When people say, "Don't go to IGN." what they're saying is 'Don't support IGN'. IGN, like every other site, cares about one thing; page views. When page views are up, the site gets more revenue from advertisers. So, by not going to IGN, the OP would no longer be supporting IGN or their editorial practices.

That said, every response that is an honest response (by that I mean one that is beyond making fun of the OP) is as valid an opinion on the matter and/or the OP's opinion as the OP's original opinion on IGN.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By 49th

At least they don't add meeboo bars and let everyone view content in HD.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By monetarydread
@FancySoapsMan said:
THAT'S GREAT BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK
This.  IGN is a business and if they found out that reposting an article a few days later gets them more page views, then so what?  That is only a good thing because it means that their jobs are more secure than say, the staff at PC gamer.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By iam3green

o well on that. maybe you should stop going there then.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@DonPixel said:

Nhaa, I think you should keep going there.

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mshaw006

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

The problem with the less dickish response you gave was that it only allows for one opinion. When people say, "Don't go to IGN." what they're saying is 'Don't support IGN'. IGN, like every other site, cares about one thing; page views. When page views are up, the site gets more revenue from advertisers. So, by not going to IGN, the OP would no longer be supporting IGN or their editorial practices.

That said, every response that is an honest response (by that I mean one that is beyond making fun of the OP) is as valid an opinion on the matter and/or the OP's opinion as the OP's original opinion on IGN.

Fair enough. It is quite narrow to view only one response in a positive light.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By McGhee

@TeflonBilly said:

@Crono11 said:

Maybe you should stop going there.

I think he should stop coming here

Zing!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@mshaw006 said:

@JasonR86 said:

@Deusx said:

These so-called "dick-ish" replies have been cause all of Edin's threads have been bitching and whining about stupid stuff. And to top it off this is a thing he's already whined about. As far as I've gleaned, more than one have noticed this.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#80  Edited By Winternet

Is this part of "The-IGN-Thread-Random-Generator"?

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#81  Edited By MachoFantastico

Destructoid and IGN are two of the worst video game sites out there. Simple as!

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By amomjc

Goddamn marketing tactics!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NekuSakuraba

You can't spell ignominious without IGN.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AnimalFather

ign LOL....its for pure nubs imho

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#85  Edited By KarlPilkington

@AnimalFather said:

This may be the worst comment ever written.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By shiftymagician

@KarlPilkington said:

@AnimalFather said:

This may be the worst comment ever written.

There's worse, but definitely cringe-worthy.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By haggis

@Kazona said:

I completely disagree that this is shady, nor do I believe they're actually reposting entire articles. Rather, what I think is actually happening, is that they have a carousel system of sorts, which works behind the scenes, and resurfaces articles to the front page. I'm certain that if they were actually trying to fool users into thinking they were all freshly written and posted articles each time, they wouldn't make it so blatantly obvious when an article was last edited.

And yes, they are doing it for those extra page views, but so is everyone else. I certainly don't see this as being any more shady than employing facebook or twitter to draw more people to articles you've posted.

This. Most sites switch content off the front page so often that stories sometimes get buried during busy news cycles, and so they often have systems that automatically move older stories back up to the front if they get a spike in hits. It's so common as to be innocuous. People just want to see it as shady because they (legitimately) dislike IGN for other reasons. It's hardly worth noticing, let alone complaining about.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Emiel
@pantzing_nome

@Taklulas said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there no limit to their evil...

mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mastrbiggy

@Octaslash said:

Besides being completely irrelevant to this forum, I really don't see the problem here. So what if they want to get people interested in their wiki or want to keep their (dumb) popular article up top? Also, no one is fucking stalking you. You're not that interesting.

lol

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Aus_azn

@awesomeusername said:

@Kyle said:

@Hameyadea said:

@TheHT said:

@XII_Sniper said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DjCmeP said:

@pantzing_nome said:

@Taklulas said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By greennoodles

@Aus_azn said:

@awesomeusername said:

@Kyle said:

@Hameyadea said:

@TheHT said:

@XII_Sniper said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DjCmeP said:

@pantzing_nome said:

@Taklulas said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Crono11 said:

this

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Still_I_Cry

They should stop being IGNorant of what their user base likes/dislikes.

:D?

:(?

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jjnen

@Edin899 said:

@FancySoapsMan said:

THAT'S GREAT BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK

Leave me alone ! you keep chasing me down in every topic, stop following me.

This made my day. Maybe you two should start a comedy duo.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By sickVisionz

@Crono11 said:

This. If the fact that they post articles that you can identify and easily avoid reading upsets you... well #1 I'd say stop being a loser and getting butthurt over nothing but #2 and most important: STOP GOING THERE!

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Edin899

Ah man this topic still alive and kicking? @haggis said:

@Kazona said:

This. Most sites switch content off the front page so often that stories sometimes get buried during busy news cycles, and so they often have systems that automatically move older stories back up to the front if they get a spike in hits. It's so common as to be innocuous. People just want to see it as shady because they (legitimately) dislike IGN for other reasons. It's hardly worth noticing, let alone complaining about.

I do think it's shady, because alot of times they post really small articles to tell you something that really is just spam on the main page to get more page views.

I don't dislike ign guys, i go there everyday. Just saying its shady

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By haggis

@Edin899: Then at least half of the sites on the internet are being shady, because the practice is incredibly widespread. I'm not saying that we should encourage the practice (or like it), but suggesting that it is somehow misleading or underhanded or devious by calling it "shady" seems wrong to me. You call it spam, but they only get pageviews if someone clicks on the link. Sites do this to make sure people read their content. Yes, it gets pageviews, but sites like IGN have high content cycle rates. It makes sense for them to do this sort of thing, just like it makes sense for most other sites to do this. It keeps the homepage fresh and the content in the cycle. There are better ways of doing this, but IGN's approach is the easiest.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@haggis: Does haggis actually taste good?

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TeamJersey

@Brodehouse: BRILLIANT.

GameOverGreggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By GameOverGreggy

@Edin899:

If people don't read them they won't be made anymore. All the people who go to the comments to complain about the article are just giving the page more hits. At the end of the day the viewer can vote with there clicks. That said at least you always have Giant Bomb.