Are you going buy a Vita with the newly announced price drop to $199?

• 80 results
illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Are you going buy a Vita with the newly announced price drop to $199? (185 votes)

Yes 23%
No 39%
I already own one! 37%
 • 
MacGoesZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MacGoesZoom

I am going to hold off just a little longer. The only game I really want is persona 4. But after the press conference today it is more on my radar than before.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Borderlands 2 , Remote play meaning playing watchdogs or battlefield while taking a dump heck yeah!

illegalnull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excited about the prospect of Borderlands 2. Still waiting for a good shooter for those sticks! Killzone Mercenary maybe, but Borderlands I know I'd play the crap out of!

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It's great they lowered the price but I'm still not seeing any games compelling me to get one. Once it starts getting a great library of exclusives, then I'll grab one.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By probablytuna

Can't wait to see how well the remote play for playing PS4 games would work on the Vita.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MezZa

Already own one for persona 4. Definitely going to take advantage of some of the new games coming out for it as well as the remote play ps4 stuff.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm gonna wait to see if there is a Black Friday deal like last year.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wouldn't buy it at this price point, but the lower price point just means that there will be even lower price deals down the road. If there's some sort of 150$ Black Friday or holiday bundle deal, I may go for it.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey

Still too expensive. Listed mine on Craiglist for $140 people still asking for a lower price also offering me "fluff pills".

No games for it, the games coming to it are old ass games.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to wait until Black Friday, see what kind of deals get put up. I'm definitely interested in one.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing has really changed for the immediate future. There are purchases that take higher precedence right now. I'll probably get one at some point though. Maybe next year, I dunno.

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already have one, but if the price cuts are good enough on the 32gb memory cards, I might pick one of those up. Sony seems to finally have a vision for the system though, which is great to see for my own sake owning one.

nccows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nccows

If my family decides that we're traveling to Ohio (from North Carolina) for Thanksgiving, I'll get one before then, but I might wait until Black Friday.

Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No.

It still lacks appealing software for me. I'm still waiting to give me more reasons to justify a purchase AKA, make more original content for it and I'll pounce. I've always liked the hardware but it lacks enough software for my liking to warrant a purchase.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

I already own one, everyone should own one. It's the shit.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yanngc33 said:

Joke Post?

Eisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they have cut the memory card prices down, then maybe. I refuse to pay $80 for a 32 GB card when they should have just used a standard format instead that costs a third that amount.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pezen

It looks appealing, but not so much the pricing but some of those games they talked about. But it's one of those things that will eventually gather dust in a drawer as I don't really have a commute or time in general for portable gaming other than on the phone since I already have that with me anyway.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

if you want to actually play it you have to purchase a $50+ memory card too, so its still $250 for a handheld with only a few games. My Ps+ subscription has got me a couple nice PSVita games for free, but its mostly just been PSP games :/

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

I already own one, and so far it's shaping up to be the greatest gaming device I ever owned. I'd absolutely get one again.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have if those memory cards weren't still a rip off.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yanngc33 said:

Joke Post?

Yes, your post is a joke.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#23  Edited By MightyDuck

The remote playing is a pretty neat feature.

If I didn't have to buy the specific memory cards for it I might be more on board.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Seppli

@pezen said:

It looks appealing, but not so much the pricing but some of those games they talked about. But it's one of those things that will eventually gather dust in a drawer as I don't really have a commute or time in general for portable gaming other than on the phone since I already have that with me anyway.

I don't commute either. In my estimation the Vita isn't all that mobile to begin with. It's too big and heavy to really work as a mobile device, unless you always carry along a bag or rucksack. I use it every day however, as a bedside entertainment device. I religously check my youtube channel subscriptions before going to sleep. I stream media files like movies and podcasts from my PC (720p files look fucking pristine on the Vita).

Since I've not owned a PSP before, I have an immense library of awesome games to discover and play. It's a better device to play PSP games on than the PSP itself. Due to the nature of Vita's screen (relatively low resolution, but high pixel density, in combination with insane contrast values and super crisp colors of its OLED technology) retro games hold up extremely well. In fact, it might be the best avenue to experience PS1 & PSP classics. Indie games also seem to shine more on Vita. There's just something to playing games on a dedicated gaming device.

Given a reliable Wi-Fi network, the Vita is the perfect home entertainment device. Especially one remote play with PS4 comes into play. Play your games anywhere in your home. Don't knock it until you've experienced it. It's pretty damn great. Just think about it. The Vita can entertain you to an insane degree, regardless of where in your home you are at. Regardless of the situation. Hell - if you want, you can play Assassin's Creed 4 on the shitter.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Seppli

A 16 GB card is more than sufficient to enjoy the whole breadth of what Vita has to offer, and with these recommended prices good retailers with competitive pricing will be offering 16 GB mermory cards for as little as 29$, guaranteed. Still not the greatest deal in the world, but the Vita is definitely worth it. You don't know what you're missing. This should not stop you from entering the gaming Nirvana that is PS+ & PS3/4 & PS Vita.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Hunter5024

Yeah. And now I don't have to try and get someone to go into Target for me!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Sorry. 3DS fills my handheld quota.

mindgarden418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. The majority of the upcoming lineup are good indie games and a game I already played. The previously released games weren't enough for me to bite either.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I really do want one but with my backlog of games and limited amount of time it wouldn't be a great time for me... being an adult sucks...

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That price drop is pretty nice, but not quite yet. Eventually though.

ScreamingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ScreamingGhost

If I had more disposable income maybe, but end of the day it'd just be my psp replacement for my downloaded games and with the memory sticks still being pricey $80 for 32 GBs is still way to much. Maybe they'll be an awesome black friday sale and I can pick one up then.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By afabs515

To me, "what is a Vita worth to you?" and "how much would you pay to see the new stuff in Persona 4?" are the same question. $250 is not the answer.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Milkman

This might sound silly but honestly, the thing that would get me to buy a Vita is an easy way for Giant Bomb to capture footage of it. I just don't know what (if anything) is coming out on the thing because GB can't cover it. I'm sure there's some cool stuff on there but I just don't get to see it.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By artelinarose

Still too expensive. Listed mine on Craiglist for $140 people still asking for a lower price also offering me "fluff pills".

No games for it, the games coming to it are old ass games.

... what's it come with?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hope this breathes even more life into the Vita. I love my Vita. I don't want to it be relegated to a PS4 streaming machine.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Hell yeah, I am. So many PS+ games to finally make use of! And Muramasa!

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but honestly i have so much i need to play on steam right now that i dont need any new consoles.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By bigjeffrey

@artelinarose: 8GB Card, Some dude offered me $100 for it, which is crazy.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Not that I can't afford it, but I've been basically hemorrhaging money lately and there's no way I would let myself spend that kind of money on anything right now. I really would like one, however. I bet there will be some good deals around Black Friday.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#40  Edited By hollitz

I've spent more time on my vita in the year I've owned it than I have on my 360 in the past three.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpoogeMcduck

I was burned by the PSP so doubt I'll ever get another handheld. Maybe if they have some games I really like on it but JRPGs and Monster Hunter don't do it for me.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

The thing still needs some more games. Maybe I'll get one when I buy my PS4.

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

@pezen said:

I don't commute either. In my estimation the Vita isn't all that mobile to begin with. It's too big and heavy to really work as a mobile device, unless you always carry along a bag or rucksack. I use it every day however, as a bedside entertainment device. I religously check my youtube channel subscriptions before going to sleep. I stream media files like movies and podcasts from my PC (720p files look fucking pristine on the Vita).

Since I've not owned a PSP before, I have an immense library of awesome games to discover and play. It's a better device to play PSP games on than the PSP itself. Due to the nature of Vita's screen (relatively low resolution, but high pixel density, in combination with insane contrast values and super crisp colors of its OLED technology) retro games hold up extremely well. In fact, it might be the best avenue to experience PS1 & PSP classics. Indie games also seem to shine more on Vita. There's just something to playing games on a dedicated gaming device.

Given a reliable Wi-Fi network, the Vita is the perfect home entertainment device. Especially one remote play with PS4 comes into play. Play your games anywhere in your home. Don't knock it until you've experienced it. It's pretty damn great. Just think about it. The Vita can entertain you to an insane degree, regardless of where in your home you are at. Regardless of the situation. Hell - if you want, you can play Assassin's Creed 4 on the shitter.

What this guy says is totally correct. The Vita is a WAAAAAAAAAAAY underrated device. The above post says anything I would say in a more articulate way, so I'll leave it there. If you've got the money and love gaming, the Vita is such a NICE piece of hardware. Great build quality, feel, interface, catalog, etc. And if you're going to get a PS4, the value is crazy. The Vita really has to be experienced.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's great for watching videos on the go (but have to convert them as it doesn't support many video formats) and Persona 4, but tbh I didn't get much else out of it...

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Now it just need games...

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SamStrife

@seppli said:

I already own one, and so far it's shaping up to be the greatest gaming device I ever owned. I'd absolutely get one again.

This. I'm blown away by how incredible my Vita is and how it's looking to get crazy stronger as time goes on. It has a really unfair negative stigma attached to it at this point.

When I get my PS4, the remote play stuff will separate it even more.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sdharrison: @seppli: I am sure for some those would be applicable excuses to spend money on it. But I have both a phone and tablet for toilet entertainment and I don't ever have to compete for tv-time since I have a room in our apartment dedicated to my hobbies, so I would probably never remote play anything ever either. So, it still boils down to the fact that mobile games are a much better solution for that odd 5-10 minute game time when I am out and about.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Otacon

I just want to know the new card prices, only having 8GB is frustrating.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, the lack of software was always the bigger problem.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'd pay 150. Unreasonable for what it is, I realize, but the hole in my gaming experience is very small.