• 0 results
#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

I know that there have been threads/polls about which ER people prefer(JV or BR), but I've not seen any that ask this specific question: are you watching both at the same time?  Are you ever going to watch every episode of both of them?

Personally, I'm not.  I tried to when it first started, but man that's a lot of time to spend watching what's basically the same content, but twice.  Now, I've abandoned the idea of watching the other ER and I'm sticking with the one I prefer the most.

P.S. I would have made this a poll, if I could find the option to.

Edit: And I would have posted this in the Deadly Premonition forum, if this didn't seemingly mess up on me.

#2 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Nope. I don't have enough time or interest to watch both.

#3 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Only VJ. BR sucks SOOOOO much. 

#4 Posted by Romination (2775 posts) -

I am. As a result, I'm about halfway through to even where they are. But I don't mind.

#5 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

Yep, still watching both! if i do just watch the one though, it'll be VJ, sucks already knowing what's coming up for the funnier two guys

#6 Posted by tranquilchaos (573 posts) -

I sure am.

#7 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -
@cap123 said:
" Yep, still watching both! if i do just watch the one though, it'll be VJ, sucks already knowing what's coming up for the funnier two guys "
Yeah, I agree... I wish VJ would get ahead..because yup, they're way funnier.
#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I'm watching both because it's certainly more interesting then studying. Ugh...

#9 Posted by Ghostiet (5225 posts) -
@Cube said:
" Only VJ. BR sucks SOOOOO much.  "

Please, delete yourself, infidel.

I intended to, but I backed out after I've:

• saw Vinny mindlessly killing those respawning zombies for 10 minutes
  • realized the humongous time gap between both ERs.

I'll do it later, when I forget most of the stuff.

#10 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I flipped a coin to see which one I'd watch because I didn't like the idea of watching practically the same thing twice and got VJ so I imagine when that finishes, I'll give BR a go. That being said, I don't think Brad and Ryan have the same chemistry as Vinny and Jeff so I don't know if I'll persist with that one.

#11 Posted by Yummylee (21270 posts) -

Watching netheir, myself.
#12 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" @Cube said:

Please, delete yourself, infidel.

I intended to, but I backed out after I've:

• saw Vinny mindlessly killing those respawning zombies for 10 minutes
  • realized the humongous time gap between both ERs.

I'll do it later, when I forget most of the stuff.

"
No. BR is horrible. 
#13 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Only BR.  VJ is meh.

#14 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

Just VJ for me, they have a better dynamic imo.

#15 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" Watching netheir, myself. "
yup this 
#16 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

Yep.

#17 Posted by JeanLuc (3572 posts) -

BOTH

#18 Posted by Siris (432 posts) -

I was watching primarily the Vinny and Jeff episodes.. but then they fell behind and both of them were getting bored with the game, so the BR ones got a lot more entertaining. Now they're both at about the same level.

Unfortunately, I've watched every episode of both.. in the beginning BR would really rippin on the game and complaining a lot, now they're having a blast. VJ did the same thing, only opposite, and now they're back to havin some fun with the game again.

#19 Posted by ajamafalous (11851 posts) -

I'm watching both because I can't bring myself to not watch content put out by Giant Bomb.

I watch BR first, then follow it up with VJ every day. I'm basically watching BR for the story, and VJ for the commentary. I find all of the little things Vinny does hilarious, while it's frustrating as hell to watch Brad play a game.

#20 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

I Watch both and I find the VJ team more funny...If only Brad and Jeff did one...

#21 Posted by artofwar420 (6251 posts) -

I started watching both, but stuck to VJ due to limited time during the day.

#22 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

I'm watching both of them doesn't matter in which order.  It's neat to see how quick either of them figure something out.  Like when Brad and Ryan figured out how to run through doors and Vinny read that in the comments like the 3rd episode or something.  Hard to say which one is better though.

#23 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

I watch both. I kind of only want to watch VJ, but I watched the P4 ER and now VJ, so it feels more complete to watch BR too.

#24 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

I'm only watching Team VJ right now.

#25 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I watch both. They are both great in their own ways. It's fun to watch Brad and Ryan driving on an empty tank of gas without having noticed it, while Vinny and Jeff makes everything funny. It's interesting how they pick up on the same things, like the Gearbox-Borderlands joke and all the Twin Peaks references. Jeff's "It says moooooooomm" reference today was hilarious. I'm watching Twin Peaks for the first time thanks to the ER and it has greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the ER. The whole game is basically a Twin Peaks copy. That's not a bad thing.

#26 Posted by Conker (770 posts) -

As of now, just team VJ 
#27 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

i watch BR when its up but VJ i just watch when im bored and have 20 or so minutes to kill

#28 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -
@Cube said:
You shut your FUCKING mouth!
#29 Posted by SlayingShogun (257 posts) -

Point is we need some more Drew. Who agrees?

#30 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I watch both.  I do prefer Ryan and Brad to Jeff and Vinny, if only because Ryan and Brad's episodes tend to be longer.

#31 Posted by TheMasterDS (2017 posts) -

I watch both. I typically do BR first because they're farther. 

#32 Posted by OneLetter (17 posts) -

I told myself that I wouldn't watch both, but yet I still find myself watching both each day.  I tend to watch BR first though, since JV is just more entertaining to sit down and listen to while working through the day. 

#33 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

Nope, just Vinny and Jeff's.

#34 Posted by TheHT (10890 posts) -

they both complement each other well with the different commentaries and play styles. so both.

#35 Posted by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

I watch both, but I do other things during the episodes that are really slow and that have a lot of the same stuff. Like the VJ episode today was pretty slow...

#36 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
@triple07 said:
" @Cube said:
You shut your FUCKING mouth! "
BR SUCKKKKKSSSSSSSS VJ ALL DAY REPPIN
#37 Posted by KinjiroSSD (694 posts) -

Neither but If I had to, VJ >>> BR

#38 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Yes sir.

#39 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I'm kind of watching both of them on and off. I love the videos, but it just doesn't have that same feel as P4. My gf used to watch those with me and now I completely lost her on the current ER.

#40 Posted by Jothel (913 posts) -

Both

#41 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Tried watched both. Got bored. Stopped watching. The DP joke could have been done in a single long quick look.

#42 Posted by LiquidPrince (15844 posts) -

Yep.

#43 Posted by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

Yea both. Giant bomb is my TV really so I consume the content when I would normally be watching TV. The only thing I watch on TV is lost.

#44 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Watching both, but neither really on time. Like I'm already behind by not watching any of todays (For once, choosng work an my ow life over ER. Madness!) but it usually works itself out by the end of the week.

#45 Posted by Okari (167 posts) -

I watch both. I enjoy BR more because they're playing it like they would any other game, where as VJ mess around a lot. And really, could anything be better than Brad's sensual voice?

#46 Posted by Allprox (537 posts) -

Definitive yep.

#47 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (329 posts) -

I started out watching both but now I just watch VJ. Both are funny but  I just enjoy VJ's pace more.

#48 Posted by jkz (4003 posts) -

I watch both, but I far prefer Vinny and Jeff.. 

Brad and Ryan were really down on the game early on, but they seem to be getting into the spirit of the endurance run, and I enjoy both series now.

#49 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

I'm only watching the BR ER at the minute, though i do plan on watching the VJ one when BR are finished.
#50 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Yup. It's killing my free time though.