Aren't you GLAAD?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By LiquidPrince
BoG said:
"See above, Liquid."
Read it, and I still see differences that make it wander to far away from protestant Christianity or even Catholicism. If you want to know why we can discuss it in a PM.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By BoG

Sure, send me a PM.

and John, yes, LDS, the only legitimate sect.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#53  Edited By TobyD81
LiquidPrince said:
"TobyD81 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
...However the point of the matter is, why should they even put their sexual orientation down in the first place on XBox Live... That's ridiculous. Why are you advertising that you're a lesbian... It's not like everyone else advertises that they're straight... There was NO REASON for to have put her sexual orientation in her gamertag, and not expect to be bothered."
I imagine that if someone were to put in their bio how much they love their wife/husband and kids, I doubt anything would come of it, but if a woman mentions how much she loves her female partner, in the past that could have got her banned from Live. It's not right to allow a declaration of heterosexuality and punish a declaration of homosexuality, and it's never right to harass anyone for either. Microsoft is right to correct this double standard."
Like I said you would probably get just as harassed if you said "I'M STRAIGHT" as you would by saying "I'M LESBIAN." Both are unneeded. As for the wife thing, that is a bit different. If you just say "I love my wife/husband/partner" it's not the same as saying right out "I'm Lesbian." "
Whether it's needed or not, people shouldn't be harassed about it.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By LiquidPrince
TobyD81 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"TobyD81 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
...However the point of the matter is, why should they even put their sexual orientation down in the first place on XBox Live... That's ridiculous. Why are you advertising that you're a lesbian... It's not like everyone else advertises that they're straight... There was NO REASON for to have put her sexual orientation in her gamertag, and not expect to be bothered."
I imagine that if someone were to put in their bio how much they love their wife/husband and kids, I doubt anything would come of it, but if a woman mentions how much she loves her female partner, in the past that could have got her banned from Live. It's not right to allow a declaration of heterosexuality and punish a declaration of homosexuality, and it's never right to harass anyone for either. Microsoft is right to correct this double standard."
Like I said you would probably get just as harassed if you said "I'M STRAIGHT" as you would by saying "I'M LESBIAN." Both are unneeded. As for the wife thing, that is a bit different. If you just say "I love my wife/husband/partner" it's not the same as saying right out "I'm Lesbian." "
Whether it's needed or not, people shouldn't be harassed about it."
People should have the sense not to declare such a trvial and useless detail. You wouldn't put that up unless you wanted some form of attention.
Calidreth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Calidreth

Don't condone or approve of gay marriage, but I don't have a problem with it.  Doesn't affect me so why should it anyone else?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By iamjohn
LiquidPrince said:
"People should have the sense not to declare such a trvial and useless detail. You wouldn't put that up unless you wanted some form of attention."
Yeah, or:
iAmJohn said:
"Simply put, there are many people for whom their sexual identity is an important part of their perception of themselves."

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By LiquidPrince
iAmJohn said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"People should have the sense not to declare such a trvial and useless detail. You wouldn't put that up unless you wanted some form of attention."
Yeah, or:
iAmJohn said:
"Simply put, there are many people for whom their sexual identity is an important part of their perception of themselves."

"
What's your point. Like I said, you should have the sense to keep it private, or expect harassment.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

LiquidPrince said:
"iAmJohn said:
"LiquidPrince said:
Yeah, or:
iAmJohn said:

"
What's your point. Like I said, you should have the sense to keep it private, or expect harassment. "

Kind of like how women should expect to be raped if they forget their Burqa.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LiquidPrince
Bellum said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"iAmJohn said:
"LiquidPrince said:
Yeah, or:
iAmJohn said:

"
What's your point. Like I said, you should have the sense to keep it private, or expect harassment. "
Kind of like how women should expect to be raped if they forget their Burqa. "
Please keep asinine comments out of this. Your point is unrelated. IF A PERSON PUTS THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION UP, no matter what it may be, they will get harassed or bugged.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By End_Boss
PureRok said:
"Aurelito said:
"ColumnBreaker said:
"Aurelito said:
"Homosexuality isn't natural. they want to look smart, neglected people who need attention... pawns of the government... so on.But banning a guy named "Gay" is very unnatural. "
Annnnd a dunce cap for you, good sir."
Sexual attraction is for reproduction, not satisfaction. if you ever could have children with a man, I'll be your bed mate, young lad. urrrgh... I can't even imagine. "
Wait... what? Homosexuality is natural. It shows up quite often in the animal kingdom. My dog humps my cat, which is male. This isn't uncommon.I see that you're a nutter."
/argument

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince said:
"Bellum said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"iAmJohn said:
"LiquidPrince said:
Yeah, or:
iAmJohn said:

"
Please keep asinine comments out of this. Your point is unrelated. IF A PERSON PUTS THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION UP, no matter what it may be, they will get harassed or bugged."

You're suggesting that people should expect harassment if they don't follow certain norms. The two scenarios are identical in that regard. What sort of harassment is acceptable, and under what situations?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LiquidPrince
Bellum said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Bellum said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"iAmJohn said:
"LiquidPrince said:
Yeah, or:
iAmJohn said:

"
Please keep asinine comments out of this. Your point is unrelated. IF A PERSON PUTS THEIR SEXUAL ORIENTATION UP, no matter what it may be, they will get harassed or bugged."
You're suggesting that people should expect harassment if they don't follow certain norms. The two scenarios are identical in that regard. What sort of harassment is acceptable, and under what situations? "
It shouldn't be accepted, but a realist will see that it is expected.
Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Gambit

I myself don't approve of homosexuailty but I don't discriminate agisnt them either. This is a free country they have as much of a right to be homosexual as I have to disapprove of it.

This topic reminds me of a job I had once where the manager was gay. One day he started talking to be about a sexual encounter he had, and I quickly told him I do not care to hear about that. He ask me what my problem was and I told him that I don't hate gay people I just don't approve of that sort of lifestyle and didn't care to hear about his sexual encounters. Well he didn't like that and was an asshole to me from that day foward and pretty much was the reason for me quitting that job.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince said:
"It shouldn't be accepted, but a realist will see that it is expected."

Perhaps, but that doesn't say anything about which standards we should enforce. My original point still stands, we could enforce absurd standards on the people getting harassed (like women in burqas) or we could address the attitudes that are actually creating the problem. XBox live is a moderated community, just like any other internet community. They choose to aggressively moderate the lesbian because it's easier, and possibly because the idiot 12 year old homophobe is a bigger part of Microsofts audience.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By iamjohn
Gambit said:
"I myself don't approve of homosexuailty but I don't discriminate agisnt them either."
I'm sorry, but what the fuck does this even mean?  Every time I hear someone use this, it stinks to me of "I'm a closeted homophobe, I just choose not be vocal about it because I'm afraid of being ostracized because of it."

This isn't me singling you out (well, it is, but that's beside the point) so much as this is, like, the sixth time I've seen this said in the thread.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LiquidPrince
iAmJohn said:
"Gambit said:
"I myself don't approve of homosexuailty but I don't discriminate agisnt them either."
I'm sorry, but what the fuck does this even mean?  Every time I hear someone use this, it stinks to me of "I'm a closeted homophobe, I just choose not be vocal about it because I'm afraid of being ostracized because of it."
"
It probably means the same thing it means to me as to him. I don't like homosexuality as a concept. As for the actual people, I know people who are gay, and as long as they don't come on to me, were perfectly good friends. So I dislike it, but I let them be because it doesn't directly affect me. If people think that is wrong then they are just as absurd as people who think homosexuals should be banned. Just on the other side of the spectrum.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't make any logical sense to "not like homosexuality as a concept".

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LiquidPrince
Bellum said:
"It doesn't make any logical sense to "not like homosexuality as a concept". "
Sure it does. I'm not comfortable with the image of two men in bed. So as long as the person I'm in contact with isn't acting stereotypically gay ala Chris Crocker then I'm fine with them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiquidPrince said:
"Bellum said:
Sure it does. I'm not comfortable with the image of two men in bed. So as long as the person I'm in contact with isn't acting stereotypically gay ala Chris Crocker then I'm fine with them."

Huh, I thought you were speaking on ideological grounds? I'm not sure how that applies to your view on homosexuality as a concept.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iamjohn

How is the image of a man and a woman in bed any different?  Just because you're not turned on by it doesn't mean you need to be repulsed by it; that's the textbook definition of a double-standard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, socialization's a bitch.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By LiquidPrince
Bellum said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Bellum said:
Sure it does. I'm not comfortable with the image of two men in bed. So as long as the person I'm in contact with isn't acting stereotypically gay ala Chris Crocker then I'm fine with them."
Huh, I thought you were speaking on ideological grounds? I'm not sure how that applies to your view on homosexuality as a concept."
The concept of two men in bed is not appealing to me. The bed is just a metaphor for men making sexual contact. I am not comfortable with it, and will not pretend otherwise just for other peoples satisfaction. And like I said, I have gay friends, and as  long as they don't come on to me, I treat it like all my other friendships; with respect.

iAmJohn said:
"How is the image of a man and a woman in bed any different?  Just because you're not turned on by it doesn't mean you need to be repulsed by it; that's the textbook definition of a double-standard."
It does repulse me. Not being turned on by it is different. There are a lot of things that don't turn me on yet I don't find repulsing. Two men is not one of those things. I do not like the idea and liedk I said above, I will not pretend to like just to be politically correct in this modern day. On that same note, I have nothing against gay people as individuals and they can do what they please, since it does not affect my life.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By iamjohn

I'm gonna drop it after this comment, but to put it in the bluntest, most crass terms possible: ultimately, if you're fucking someone up the ass, what does it matter if they have a dick when you flip 'em over?

(Wow, this post is going to come back to bite me in the ass one day; I just know it.)
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LiquidPrince
iAmJohn said:
"To put it in the bluntest, most crass terms possible: ultimately, if you're fucking someone up the ass, what does it matter if they have a dick when you flip 'em over?

(Wow, this post is going to come back to bite me in the ass one day; I just know it.)
"
Apparently nothing to you, but it would disgust me.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By maxszy
Superchris129 said:
"I still don't see why all of the random 12-year-olds on Xbox Live needed to know that she was a lesbian, though."
Perhaps she just put it in her profile to maybe get in contact with other Lesbians on the service? Or she is just proud of who she is? Nothing wrong with either of those. Her getting harassed because of what she put in her profile is what isn't right.

Anyway, its good Microsoft is attempting to do something for the service.
Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#76  Edited By Oy
LiquidPrince said:
"iAmJohn said:
"To put it in the bluntest, most crass terms possible: ultimately, if you're fucking someone up the ass, what does it matter if they have a dick when you flip 'em over?

"
Apparently nothing to you, but it would disgust me."

So you at least do enjoy anal sex.  Just not with men.  Gotcha.  Everyone take note.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PercyChuggs

Typical, company caving to special interest bullshit.

And there is absolutely no reason for anyone, gay or straight, to have ANY sexual orientation information in their profile. Simple as that. Nobody cares if you're gay or not.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By RHCPfan24

Oh god, this thread is something. Well, uh.....I have a gay cousin who is one of the nicest people I know, and one of my teachers is also gay, and both of them conduct themselves in polite, decent manners like anyone else. Yep, anyone else. Like normal people. So, according to the transitive property, that means gay people = normal people. Who knew?! Gosh, if only the world had this common sense.

Getting back to the topic question or main discussion, I feel it is wrong that Microsoft banned a lesbian because of the sexual orientation she stated on her profile but I am glaad to see them go forward and try to fix it. It seems like that is what MS is doing nowadays: messing something up (360 hardware an example), and trying to fix it in a manner that will clear their slate. Unfortunately for them, they won't be in the all-clear, but they will be closer at least.

Oy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#79  Edited By Oy
RHCPfan24 said:
"Oh god, this thread is something. Well, uh.....I have a gay cousin who is one of the nicest people I know, and one of my teachers is also gay, and both of them conduct themselves in polite, decent manners like anyone else. Yep, anyone else. Like normal people. So, according to the transitive property, that means gay people = normal people. Who knew?! Gosh, if only the world had this common sense.Getting back to the topic question or main discussion, I feel it is wrong that Microsoft banned a lesbian because of her orientation but I am glaad to see them go forward and try to fix it. It seems like that is what MS is doing nowadays: messing something up (360 hardware an example), and trying to fix it in a manner that will clear their slate. Unfortunately for them, they won't be in the all-clear, but they will be closer at least."

Just to be clear, she was banned because her LIVE profile said she was a lesbian, not because she is one. This is against Microsofts Term of Use.  Nobody is allowed to post that information on their profile, gay or straight. 
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By RHCPfan24
Oy said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Oh god, this thread is something. Well, uh.....I have a gay cousin who is one of the nicest people I know, and one of my teachers is also gay, and both of them conduct themselves in polite, decent manners like anyone else. Yep, anyone else. Like normal people. So, according to the transitive property, that means gay people = normal people. Who knew?! Gosh, if only the world had this common sense.Getting back to the topic question or main discussion, I feel it is wrong that Microsoft banned a lesbian because of her orientation but I am glaad to see them go forward and try to fix it. It seems like that is what MS is doing nowadays: messing something up (360 hardware an example), and trying to fix it in a manner that will clear their slate. Unfortunately for them, they won't be in the all-clear, but they will be closer at least."
Just to be clear, she was banned because her LIVE profile said she was a lesbian, not because she is one. This is against Microsofts Term of Use.  Nobody is allowed to post that information on their profile, gay or straight. "
Yeah, I just realized that and changed it. Still, the Terms of Use are messed up to begin with. MS should have known that this would have been controversial from the get-go.
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#81  Edited By TobyD81
iAmJohn said:
"I'm gonna drop it after this comment, but to put it in the bluntest, most crass terms possible: ultimately, if you're fucking someone up the ass, what does it matter if they have a dick when you flip 'em over?

"
Quote of the day! :P
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By toowalrus
BoG said:
"This isn't a discussion about my religion, however, so let's drop it."
BoG, that was a better answer than I ever could have expected. Thanks. OK, topic is dropped. ALSO:

BoG
said:
"Anyways, it looks like Microsoft has been speaking with GLAAD to make Xbox Live a more welcoming place for homosexuals."
Ha.
Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Gambit
iAmJohn said:
"Gambit said:

This isn't me singling you out (well, it is, but that's beside the point) so much as this is, like, the sixth time I've seen this said in the thread.
"
It means I think homosexuailty is immoral, but I won't shun or otherwise treat them disrespect for there lifestyle choice just because I don't agree with it. Also if you read my entire post you would know im not afraid to be vocal about my stance on the matter.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By Snipzor
iAmJohn said:
"I'm gonna drop it after this comment, but to put it in the bluntest, most crass terms possible: ultimately, if you're fucking someone up the ass, what does it matter if they have a dick when you flip 'em over?

"
I'm totally saving it for future use.
Giuseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Giuseppe
Aurelito said:
"Homosexuality isn't natural. they want to look smart, neglected people who need attention... pawns of the government... so on.But banning a guy named "Gay" is very unnatural. "

It is natural just less natural than hetero.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By iamjohn
Gambit said:
"It means I think homosexuailty is 

immoral

, but I won't shun or otherwise treat them disrespect for there lifestyle choice just because I don't agree with it. Also if you read my entire post you would know im not afraid to be vocal about my stance on the matter."
Lolz.
Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Expletive
papercut said:
"Aurelito said:
"PureRok said:
"Aurelito said:
"ColumnBreaker said:
"Aurelito said:
Annnnd a dunce cap for you, good sir."
Sexual attraction is for reproduction, not satisfaction. if you ever could have children with a man, I'll be your bed mate, young lad. urrrgh... I can't even imagine. "
Wait... what? Homosexuality is natural. It shows up quite often in the animal kingdom. My dog humps my cat, which is male. This isn't uncommon.I see that you're a nutter."
We're a little bit different.By the way, religion that I follow doesn't concerns about it seriously so I'd be glad to shut myself up. do whatever you want, do your cat, do with jackass, so long."

No Caption Provided
"
DUDE,YES! a large FACEPALM to all of these ignorant assholes.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#88  Edited By Diamond

If anything, having babies in today's world is immoral.  Selfishly reproducing your genes to further overpopulate the planet.  Putting all of humanity at risk just so your own bloodline lives on.  I do think a lot of people that are uncomfortable with homosexuals are probably worried about their own sexuality.  I'm straight, and I feel no risk in thinking some gay people are nice or funny or shit like that.

As some people stated, you're not allowed to put any kind of sexual orientation stuff in your Xbox Live profiles at all.  Crazy thing about MS talking with GLAAD is some guy just sued them and Lionhead because he was gay and his coworkers were harassing him.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#89  Edited By dsplayer1010

Agreed. How Microsoft handled this in the past was wrong and hopefully they correct this.

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Hausdog
Aurelito said:
As a gay person, fuck you. I know this was like 6 hours ago, but I did not choose to be gay. If I had any say in it I would've been straighter than an arrow. I wanna be able to have sex and orgasms and all that good stuff in good conscience, but I can't because I like penis. I hope you catch THE GAAAAAAAYYYYYY and die of AIDS.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By iamjohn

Hausdog, what are you, eight?

Hausdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Hausdog

Close! I'm 17.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#93  Edited By Diamond
iAmJohn said:
"Hausdog, what are you, eight?"
He said he was once excited about Sarah Palin, so probably.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#94  Edited By mike

What a surprise, this topic has gone way off course and is now nothing but personal attacks and other such nonsense. Good job guys.

BoG if you want to reopen this later after cleaning it up feel free, I just can't be bothered right now.