#1 Posted by jeffrud (384 posts) -

In my adventures on the fabled World Wide Web, I recently stumbled upon this little page. The game, Artemis, purports to be a LAN-based space sim for up to six players, basically recreating the Star Trek bridge experience. A commander issues orders to other players, who have independent displays providing them with information about various subsystems (weapons, helm, engineering, etc.) This sounds like the greatest idea in human history, for an audience of maybe a hundred people. Like Flight Club! I would happily pay to see Vinny & Co. repeatedly crash into things and die with this madness. Am I alone in this?

#2 Posted by papercut (3493 posts) -

Flight club makes sense. I think there have been a few of us on the boards that want to see these guys play it for I while. I still think it would be great.

#3 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

You're not alone. The real question is who should be captain. And how much they should channel Kirk.

#4 Posted by RandomAtom (89 posts) -

Yes, if this doesn't happen then I think our community just doesn't care anymore.

#5 Posted by KirkyX (121 posts) -

I think a playthrough of Artemis has the potential to - for a certain audience, at least - be the greatest feature in Giant Bomb history. I mean, I love watching anyone play that game; seeing the Giant Bomb guys have a crack would probably be, like, a new life experience. Man.