• 103 results
#51 Edited by mozzle (159 posts) -

Wait, when was that Pathfinder video done, and why can't I find it anywhere on the site, other than in this thread?

#52 Posted by Zauzazu (71 posts) -

@mozzle: Look for Giant Bomb Unplugged

#53 Posted by Nasar7 (2612 posts) -
#54 Edited by Tom_omb (384 posts) -

The best climber

#55 Posted by Matenks (4 posts) -
#56 Posted by Tom_omb (384 posts) -
#57 Edited by TheThirdRLM (148 posts) -

Guys, all of these are fantastic so far!! SERIOUSLY. The Last Canadians(ens?) are clearly a GREAT muse.

Side note: Do we need to make a list of character descriptions!? I know I've forgotten some details (like V Bombs weapon of choice other than the statue arm) and there seems to be confusion over Detroit Jones' gender.
@tom_omb I'm glad everyone is unanimous in depicting how "special" V Bomb is to the team. Love the chicken, btw.

#58 Edited by oldenglishC (944 posts) -

@tom_omb said:

The best climber

God dammit, this just made me pee a little bit.

#59 Posted by xyzygy (9943 posts) -

Hm, what is the Last Canadians? A google search tells me it's a 1974 Science Fiction novel that was loosely adapted into The Patriot starring Steven Segal.

#60 Edited by Tom_omb (384 posts) -

@thethirdrlm:

Thanks, the chicken was inspired by your poultry hat.

Great idea, I'm sure our collective memories can create a decent list of character traits and equipment. Looking forward to future streams where we will see other characters fleshed out more.

Anyone feel free to add to this list:

V Bomb - Human Fighter, low int, awesome climber, carries a stone arm (club), longsword and warhammer, represented on the board by a chicken token

Melanie - Cleric on a quest to revive his dead, mummified parrot Pickle. Was he a dwarf?

Drewcifer - Elf Wizard or Sorcerer. Allied with V Bomb when they met on Lake Michigan

Detroit Jones - Elf Rogue, carries a rapier, gender in dispute, clown fish (Nemo) token

John Sword Magic - Human Wizard, I think.

@xyzygy

These are the characters from the tabletop roll playing premium stream.

#61 Posted by TheThirdRLM (148 posts) -

@tom_omb: Glad my chicken helmet inspired someone, ha!!
Pretty sure Dave is a dwarf, since V Bomb and John Sword Magic are the only humans.

I'm excited to see the art pile up over the run of this dungeon and others if it continues. With such a clutch moment like the statue arm, there's going to be some CRAZY stuff to draw in the future.

#62 Edited by Pabba (337 posts) -

Okay, here's something I came up real quick tonight. Definitely want to draw the others, too!

#63 Posted by spacedongle (9 posts) -

A quick sketch..

#64 Edited by BluSteele (5 posts) -

I've been working on a character a day for the past week, and figured I'd wait until I finished them all before posting here.

The Last Canadians of New Detroit

The final image turned out almost completely different from my original concept, but turned out a lot better for it.

These were all heavily influenced by Olly Moss because he's been a big inspiration since I've been trying to get back into traditional art and graphic design.

#65 Edited by ienkub (28 posts) -
the Dungeon Master, Rorie shouldn't be left out!
Drewcifer
.. and Vbomb (the statue arm is not holding a sword as i didn't want a stack of three hands holding things)

#66 Posted by TheHT (11128 posts) -

@ienkub: I like that the statue arm is pointing at V Bomb's crotch.

#67 Posted by Nonused (213 posts) -

@blusteele: That's some really awesome work. Seriously, great job! That first picture should totally be a poster.

#68 Posted by seamuspaxman (55 posts) -

I don't fuckin' know.

#69 Posted by Nasar7 (2612 posts) -

@nonused said:

@blusteele: That's some really awesome work. Seriously, great job! That first picture should totally be a poster.

Agreed, love the font, too.

#70 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -

Leave it to the DnD stream to conjure up the best fanart, fucking amazing.

#71 Posted by Kovie (200 posts) -

Just want to broadly say: awesome work, everyone.

#72 Edited by TruthTellah (8753 posts) -
#73 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5402 posts) -

Wow, just wow. There's some pretty cool stuff here.

#74 Posted by ienkub (28 posts) -

@theht: yeah, i.. i didn't think that one through...

#75 Edited by BluSteele (5 posts) -

@nasar7 said:

@nonused said:

Agreed, love the font, too.

Considering I spent about 2 hours or so agonizing over my font choices that is good to hear.

#76 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1420 posts) -

@tom_omb said:

The best climber

God dammit, this just made me pee a little bit.

You know why I like this picture of V Bomb the most? It's because he incorporated the chicken Vinny uses for his character. Fucking perfect.

#77 Posted by MadScientist18 (13 posts) -

I've been working on a character a day for the past week, and figured I'd wait until I finished them all before posting here.

The final image turned out almost completely different from my original concept, but turned out a lot better for it.

These were all heavily influenced by Olly Moss because he's been a big inspiration since I've been trying to get back into traditional art and graphic design.

Really like these a lot...captures each character really well!

#78 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -
#79 Posted by ThunderSlash (1674 posts) -

Rorie Shrugged?

#80 Posted by super2j (1666 posts) -

@tom_omb: everytime I see the name I think of Basketball jones.... but I do not remember Chris Rock being in the song when I watched Space jam. I won't lie, I have no idea what Chris Rock is doing or why anyone thought it was a good idea.

#81 Edited by CitizenCoffeeCake (495 posts) -

The Rorie DM standing over them is a great touch. If you see the silhouettes out of context though it looks kind of like Vinny's character's dick is holding a sword. I'm loving all the art though, I'll have to try and come up with something.

#82 Posted by oldenglishC (944 posts) -

@blusteele: Matt Rorie as the Spirit of Detroit? Marshall Fredericks is rolling over in his grave.

That's awesome work.

#83 Posted by Tom_omb (384 posts) -

@super2j: Heh, I'd be lying if I said that song didn't come to mind while I was drawing that. That's the version of the song I know, but I don't think I realized until now it was Chris Rock and Berry White. As a kid I imagined the Chris Rock part as a rude ventriloquist dummy when listening to that soundtrack.

Here's how it appears in the movie.

#84 Edited by Sidoran (70 posts) -

These are all so great, but I find it interesting that almost everyone's interpretations of V-Bomb have him scantily clad, despite Vinny mentioning that he's decked out in full scale mail. I guess role-playing the low INT gave off a caveman vibe?

#85 Posted by foolman (82 posts) -

Someone needs to animate that first battle! I'll love to see that!

#86 Posted by Spiritof (2035 posts) -

I don't want this to come across as harsh criticism, or to say that you're all doing it wrong, but the character "Detroit Jones" absolutely must wear a jaunty hat.

#87 Posted by Dezinus (262 posts) -

Hey everybody it's Thurssssdaaaaaaay!

Get hyped!

#88 Posted by CynicalBuzzard (240 posts) -

Looks cool!

#89 Posted by Evilsbane (4591 posts) -

@blusteele said:

Rorie Shrugged?

The Representation of Rorie there is Fucking Amazing.

I like all of the art work here but DID You see how he drew Brad's? Fucking eh that is amazing. WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

#90 Posted by Patchcoat (140 posts) -

V Bomb...

#91 Posted by Humanity (9048 posts) -

@blusteele: I was going to do actually very similar illustrations as that is a very similar art style to the one I use but you beat me to it with style!

Great job, in not only the artwork but that they resemble their respective real life counter-parts!

#92 Posted by snarekick (97 posts) -

@castiel said:

Fuck balls this is amazing. I love this forum. They should totally print these and glue them to a small piece of cardboard which they could place in the holders, or what ever you call them, for the character portraits.

awesome idea

#93 Posted by Robster (69 posts) -

#94 Posted by Robster (69 posts) -

#95 Posted by Scratch (628 posts) -

Oh man the art in this thread is so good. Keep it coming duders!

#96 Posted by DM (76 posts) -

Love this stuff.Great work.

#97 Edited by buzz_clik (6967 posts) -

Working on actual designs, but to get me in the mood I made a title treatment.

EDIT! Forgot to mention: Sterling goddamn work by everyone so far! Really cool stuff.

#98 Posted by bombedyermom (228 posts) -

Working on actual designs, but to get me in the mood I made a title treatment.

EDIT! Forgot to mention: Sterling goddamn work by everyone so far! Really cool stuff.

I love the maple sword. Simple but brilliant.

#99 Posted by Tom_omb (384 posts) -

Dead Parrot Sketch

#100 Posted by Humanity (9048 posts) -

@tom_omb said:

Dead Parrot Sketch

Awesome job. The parrot looks perfect.