As an gamer who's usually on his Xbox 360...

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tricks73r

I feel fucking ripped off.

It's one thing to not offer free games; that's fine, I get it - we can't all have our privacy invaded and put a company through the ringer to guilt them into shelling out big bucks to retain our loyalty - but when your deal of the week is a 5 expansions for games that I haven't played since I was noticeably younger in photographs, and then this:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Promotion/dealoftheweek - Whoa! Holy shit! Look at pack for a game that was released two fuckin' years ago.

All the while I'm watching Playstation Plus members get this:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

Why are we swallowing this like a crying kid eating a pile of spoiled cheese curds? Why aren't there picket lines and marching protesters? Where's the fucking potato-gun violence?

I demand Jungler! I mean Justice...I demand justice.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Xbox Live is the main reason I've made my primary console the PS3. Paying for Gold just to play online multiplayer was a drag.

People say that their experience is better with XBL than PSN, though, so this might be why people are willing to continue paying (with the fact that most of their friends are on the 360 and not the PS3). Having experienced both, I can't say I've noticed a difference, but I really only use these online services just to play online or to download games and demos.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Tricks73r said:

I feel fucking ripped off.

It's one thing to not offer free games; that's fine, I get it - we can't all have our privacy invaded and put a company through the ringer to guilt them into shelling out big bucks to retain our loyalty - but when your deal of the week is a 5 expansions for games that I haven't played since I was noticeably younger in photographs, and then this:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Promotion/dealoftheweek - Whoa! Holy shit! Look at pack for a game that was released two fuckin' years ago.

All the while I'm watching Playstation Plus members get this:

http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

Why are we swallowing this like a crying kid eating a pile of spoiled cheese curds? Why aren't there picket lines and marching protesters? Where's the fucking potato-gun violence?

I demand Jungler! I mean Justice...I demand justice.

Cause you pay more for PS Plus per month then xbox gold? * sarcasm* *I know you dont* 

I think it has to do with deals companies are given on stuff. 
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm

As an gamer? How did your head literally not fucking explode from writing that?

Also, stop bitching, you grammatically incorrect, bitchy bitch.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

You pay for Xbox to... do something... internet connection...

Any way Playstation Plus members are paying for games, and deals, not... uh... voice chat... uh...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Napalm said:

Shepard is amused 
Shepard is amused 
Sless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sless

Well, it's obvious why this has played out the way it has. Microsoft started off this generation telling you that you were going to pay for XBL gold, even though the value didn't seem real. Sony didn't have that cash flow from the get go, and in order to get in on that money, had to offer above and beyond to get adopters. Taking away free online would not go over well (at least not in the middle of the generation... maybe PSN+ required to play online next gen? I don't know)

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Napalm said:

As an grammar teacher, frankly I am offend.

Xevabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Xevabis

And, I believe, you can't play free games you get if you cancel your PSN+.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

@Xevabis said:

This. Also, some of Xbox's Deals of the Week are pretty good. Not to mention that PSN can be janky as hell at times.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SSully

@Xevabis said:

Correct. You do not own these games, you are merely paying for the service that gives you access to the free games. It's like how you cannot continue to watch movies and shows off netflix after you stop paying.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By two_socks

@Xevabis said:

Yep. Anything you get for free, you can't access once your sub runs out. But anything you buy with the PS+ discount, you keep forever, even if your sub runs out. So you still save some money.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Napalm said:

mhmm! Dis dis!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

The grass is always greener on the other side isn't it?

It's called a free market economy; if you feel the deals at Safeway are terrible go shop at Big Jeffrey's Food n Stuff instead.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

My subscription to Live finally ran out after 5 years. I didn't even notice. Because it sucks. You know what really pisses me off about it, though? Microsoft slaps that shitty interface onto all their apps. Netflix, Comcast, HBO Go, all have that terrible, slow fucking interface, and it drives me nuts. Especially with that cheap, plasticky controller that seems like it doesn't recognize button presses half the time. I'm just gonna get a Roku box instead.

Okay, I'm done ranting.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By hawkinson76

Gold = Multiplayer, not free or discounted games, there should be no expectation of that, ever. Until you, and millions of others, stop paying for it I see no reason Microsoft should add anything else to the service.

No one needs to pay for Gold to enjoy Xbox games. I've owned an Xbox 360 since 2007 and I've had a silver account the entire time. I'm very satisfied, so much so that in all these years I've never been able to justify the cost of a PS3 for the handful of exclusives that I would like to play.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Canteu

It's probably because we've been paying for Xbox gold for 7 years, and Playstation+ has only been around for 2 years, and has only gotten good within the last year.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ramone

@Vinny_Says said:

It's called a free market economy; if you feel the deals at Safeway are terrible go shop at Big Jeffrey's Food n Stuff instead.

I heard they put alligator on the shelves and sell it as beef at Big Jeffrey's, I wouldn't trust that place.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

You know what's even better than PS+? The Steam sales.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By blackbird415

why ive moved away from my 360. Last time I turned it on was to play catherine. If I had a ps3 or if it came out on pc then it would have been a much longer time since I turned it on. Most any game they offer is better served in the steam edition. Cheaper, better looking, and I can still use the 360 controller if I want. I dont have to deal with the xbox interface or the subscription charge either.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By laserbolts

I don't mind it that much. Sure it doesn't come with free games but $60 a year to be able to get hours and hours of online play with a decent party chat doesn't seem to bad to me. I hear some people will pay that much to watch a few let's play videos on the internet per year so it isn't that shocking.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cthomer5000

Doesn't bother me that much (i dont think ive ever paid more than $35 for a 12 month Gold Card), but i know objectively that it's hard to justify. I think MS realizes they don't really need to step up their game for the remainder of this generation. However, next gen might be a different story. Or Playstation could start charging everyone and then MS still won't have to change anything.

I know Sony would love to charge everyone, but how do they do it without pissing everyone off? Conversely if they don't charge still, and MS does, it could be a big selling point for them in terms of getting one-console types (like myself) to jump ship to PS4.

Personally, im so invested in the MS ecosystem (my XBLA purchases, gamerscore, friends) that i'll probably swallow whatever shit they feed me. Sad but true.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Subjugation

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

You know what's even better than PS+? The Steam sales.

AxleBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AxleBro

yea at first xbox 360 stole the show then ps3 stepped their shit up and i honestly feel bad for people still using a 360.

but just to be an asshole i will say PC is still the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not even "60" dollars a year for Xbox Live. It's more like 40-45. Sometimes 30 if you know where to look, unless you're a chump and buy your XBL at retail price.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cloudnineboya

all the 1% seem to be in the threads tonight?...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

I bought The Witcher on Steam for $2.49.

That's not some little indie game, that's one massive fucking RPG, and that little fact is one of the biggest reasons I'm saving up for a new PC. Granted, it won't be a powerhouse, it will probably end up with a GTX 460 in it, but that still opens up far more and far cheaper possibilities than my Xbox ever could.

I figured if we were going to bitch about how much Xbox Live is a rip-off, I'd point this one out. I don't think they could ever pull off the sales that Steam does, but don't tell me that MS couldn't do better. And at this point I've had all of the Gears of War that I want. The Halo games, I'm a fan of, but the Metroid series didn't keep me anchored to Nintendo and the Halo series isn't going to keep me anchored to Xbox.

Slurpelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Slurpelve

@hawkinson76 said:

Gold = Multiplayer, not free or discounted games, there should be no expectation of that, ever. Until you, and millions of others, stop paying for it I see no reason Microsoft should add anything else to the service.

No one needs to pay for Gold to enjoy Xbox games. I've owned an Xbox 360 since 2007 and I've had a silver account the entire time. I'm very satisfied, so much so that in all these years I've never been able to justify the cost of a PS3 for the handful of exclusives that I would like to play.

This.

I had my Xbox 360 since 2008, I pay for gold probably once or twice every several months to try out multiplayer on a game I just bought but after that I'm pretty satisfied with silver.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tsoglani

@believer258 said:

I bought The Witcher on Steam for $2.49.

That's not some little indie game, that's one massive fucking RPG, and that little fact is one of the biggest reasons I'm saving up for a new PC. Granted, it won't be a powerhouse, it will probably end up with a GTX 460 in it, but that still opens up far more and far cheaper possibilities than my Xbox ever could.

I figured if we were going to bitch about how much Xbox Live is a rip-off, I'd point this one out. I don't think they could ever pull off the sales that Steam does, but don't tell me that MS couldn't do better. And at this point I've had all of the Gears of War that I want. The Halo games, I'm a fan of, but the Metroid series didn't keep me anchored to Nintendo and the Halo series isn't going to keep me anchored to Xbox.

That Witcher deal is pretty excellent seeing as though you are getting a fantastic game.

PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PureBacon

I feel like there is one of these posts every month

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SlightConfuse

both have thier pros and cons but i think ps+ might be the better deal. But xbox gets all the dlc first so it balances itself out in a eierd way

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Man, if anyone thinks Sony won't be charging for multi next gen they are in for a disappointing start to the next generation.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Ramone said:

@Vinny_Says said:

I heard they put alligator on the shelves and sell it as beef at Big Jeffrey's, I wouldn't trust that place.

Skip to 1:27 into the video :)

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tricks73r

@Napalm: My head exploded looking at it. Wow.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By GunstarRed

Buy a PS3.

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers