• 72 results
#1 Posted by Zenogiasu (192 posts) -

While Giant Bomb is undoubtedly my favourite place for game news, reviews, and whatnot, I visit several game sites regularly. Everyday, I make a point to visit GameSpot, IGN, 1UP, Destructoid, Gamasutra, Destructoid, Kotaku, G4, Game Life Wired Blog, Joystiq, Games Radar, Game Trailers, Game Informer, and of course, Giant Bomb. There are some I adore and some I don't trust much, but I visit them all anyways.

So where else do you get your information from? What are your favourites? Are there any sites in particular that you don't place much trust in?

I (no doubt naively) don't want this to devolve into "X site is shit, thus you are shit, Y site is better, fuck you." Just want to see where the rest of ya get your news.

#2 Edited by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

I just go to Giantbomb and Gameinformer.

EDIT: I also go to screwattack from time to time. I think much of there content is geared for an audience with a little more juvenile tastes then mine (God that sounds pretentious) but I like the staff.

#3 Posted by Flacracker (1602 posts) -

GameSpot because of their forums. I don't look at any of their content besides the occasional video review.

#4 Posted by Giefcookie (584 posts) -

None. I'm subscribed to a bunch of gaming youtubers but besides that GB is pretty much my only source for gaming stuff.

#5 Edited by bemusedchunk (676 posts) -

destructoid - but mainly for the comments.

edit: mmo-champ and wow insider for my wow news.

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I don't really frequent any gaming sites outside of GB.

#7 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

Gameinformer.com, ign.com (mostly just podcast beyond and gamescoop!), yahtzee over on the escapist, the CAG cast, and as of recent spill.com and the loading bar

#8 Posted by pyromagnestir (4252 posts) -

cheapassgamer and that's it.

#9 Posted by Joker369 (870 posts) -

Just Giant Bomb and Polygon.

#10 Posted by Sterling (2085 posts) -

Aside from GB, I go to gamespot, IGN or gametrailers on occasion. Mostly for video reviews or previews.

And I frequent gametz for buying/trading/selling games. But most just stick to GB and GTZ.

#11 Edited by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

CAG & Gamefaqs

Gamespot during E3.

#12 Posted by BaneFireLord (2913 posts) -

Gamespot, Penny Arcade and The Escapist. I go to The Escapist solely for Zero Punctuation videos. I also have a digital subscription to Game Informer.

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

The only other gaming site I regularly actually visit is Rock Paper Shotgun. I have dozens of sites feeding into my RSS reader though.

#14 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

EGMNOW and Ign

#15 Posted by Nux (2306 posts) -

I sometimes go to Gamnspot but I mostly use Giantbomb.

#16 Posted by Impossibilium (684 posts) -

RPS and Joystiq every day. I only visit GB every other day now.

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36071 posts) -

None. Absolutely none.

#18 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Used to go to Kotaku before they changed the commenting.

#19 Posted by Jolt92 (1543 posts) -

Gamespot since the switch a couple of times a week, otherwise just GiantBomb.

#20 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

Giant Bomb, Joystiq, IGN (its awful I know), Kotaku, Polygon (they really need to change their format), and Gamespot.

#21 Posted by lead_farmer (1040 posts) -

Extra Credits, Gameinformer, G4, Destructoid, and Siliconera on the regular. There is other stuff on my feed, but I don't necessarily frequent those sites.

#22 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

I go to The Game Heroes, mainly because I'm admin of the forums though.

#23 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

I sometimes go to Destructoid and I go to the Escapist for Zero Punctuation.

#24 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Destructoid. I think that whole staff of people they have working there are pretty damn cool.

#25 Posted by AlexW00d (6189 posts) -

I am here for the video content and dudes, I go to RPS for news and editorials.

#26 Posted by Haziqonfire (227 posts) -

I'm usually around on GameSpot for forums, not so much content anymore. NeoGaf is the board I'm on most since it's the most active and gets the most new stuff first.

#27 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

Joystiq, Game Informer and Gametrailers mostly. I'll visit IGN and such when they have exclusive or early previews on a game. I also tend to take a glance at reviews all over.

Giant Bomb is still my number one.

#28 Posted by CaLe (3914 posts) -

Rock Paper Shotgun and Eurogamer, but I read very little of the content on either of them.

#29 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

I really don't visit any other sites unless I hear something on their podcast I want to check out. Or the GB guys reference something.

I do check SRK, I play winner and Eventhubs from time to time, and on super rare occasion Penny Arcade.

#30 Posted by Maginnovision (485 posts) -

Lately tons of gamespot, since there is more giantbomb there than here, and joystiq.

#31 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

I go to a lot of other sites just to listen to their podcasts, but none to actually read news and watch videos.

#32 Edited by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

I watch some videos on Gametrailers although that's kind of pointless since GB posts all the important stuff in a timely manner these days. I used to check Kotaku, but it really feels shitty these days and I hardly ever read it.

#33 Posted by MocBucket62 (1159 posts) -

Lately I've been visiting Destructoid and The Escapist, but now I want to visit Rock Paper Shotgun more often. I'm thinking about not visiting Screwattack anymore because the content isn't that great and the people organizing the site seem WAY stuck in the past for video games. They seem more into entertainment than actually covering VG news.

#34 Posted by Zenogiasu (192 posts) -

I've heard a lot about RockPaperShotgun in the last few months, and just checked it out myself. I'll have to add it to the daily rounds. I also forgot to mention the Penny Arcade Report, which does some pretty good editorials courtesy of Ben Kuchera.

#35 Posted by EPGPX (285 posts) -

screwattack/ love me some stuttering craig

#36 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1106 posts) -

Escapist Magazine and ScrewAttack on occasion.

#37 Posted by Gamer_152 (14054 posts) -

The Escapist and Penny Arcade. Occasionally I'll poke around other sites like Kotaku, Gamespot, or gaming YouTube channels.

#38 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Youtube (so that I way I can watch easely the video content of other sites like Destructoid , Gametrailers , Classic Game Room and others) and Io9 (that one I kinda don't like because of that awful Gawker layout , but I really like the content) and some other sites that I just browse the main page from time to time like Endgadget and DYNG.

#39 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

Mainly Gamespot, for its overall content. Gametrailers for its video reviews and screwattack, IGN for its first reviews on everything. Giantbomb for.... the old gamespot crew? That's just it really. I don't care for their reviews, nor their coverage. They're always late, reviews one game out of twelve and... some bad quicklooks. When Patrick decides he circles around, or when Brad dies all the time, or when Ryan decides the game sucks and then immediately start sucking at it non-stop.

#40 Edited by WickedCobra03 (2102 posts) -

@Flacracker said:

GameSpot because of their forums. I don't look at any of their content besides the occasional video review.

Yeah, Gamespot for their forums and nothing more. I have been at GS forums since 2002, so its hard to leave. Other than that, GAF is my source for everything else. I go to some community sites like mgsforums.org, or some alright developer communities (basically Bungie.NET and nothing else). Rockpapershotgun is alright. Polygon has a good staff from what it seems, but I hate the widescreen, images everywhere BS. I like HTML links and narrow format.

#41 Posted by morrelloman (606 posts) -

Really none. But I do listen to Game Scoop, CAGCast, and Game Informer Pods. I also get the D-Toid videos on downcast, but I can't decide how much I hate the hosts and dont know why I continue to download. Its just nice to have video I think.

#42 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

none really. oh well gamefaqs.

#43 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2682 posts) -

@Joker369 said:

Just Giant Bomb and Polygon.

This. There's no one else on the same level really.

Rock Paper Shotgun is pretty boss, but that's not really for news.

#44 Edited by churrific (475 posts) -

GB for entertainment mostly. Polygon/GS for coverage.

#45 Posted by Milkman (16540 posts) -

I don't.

#46 Posted by craigieh28 (73 posts) -

Aside from Giantbomb, obviously, I always read Joystiq for news and articles. I would also like to give a shout out to two British sites that have excellent writers, communities and podcasts, 360Gamercast and Midlifegamer.net.

#47 Posted by Daiphyer (1320 posts) -

I visit Screwattack. Some of their stuff is really funny. Stuttering Craig is the best. 

I also visit X360A.Org for achievement guides, otherwise that site is pretty shit.  

I want to get into Polygon, but their current design is a little too clustered for my taste. 

#48 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Gameinformer rps and neogaf is a great Place for news agrigation

#49 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

@Daiphyer said:

I want to get into Polygon, but their current design is a little too clustered for my taste.

I know! As much as I like the writing, the layout is just awful.

They can't get their own style soon enough.

#50 Posted by JCTango (1358 posts) -

@Zenogiasu: I have wire.vg pinned as an app tab to pick up various gaming-related news from various gaming sites!