#1 Edited by granderojo (1792 posts) -

So I'm kind of broke right now but I had cash so I went to gamestop to preorder the PC digital version of Titanfall. Store rep told me weeks ago that gamestop would get their keys on the 6th and I would be able to preload sometime after that.

I haven't been able to do that and I went to gamestop twice in that time frame to see if the instore rep could help me fix the order. They told me that they won't be getting their keys until after release and that I won't be able to preload because of this.

My problem is that I think the rep is confused. My question so I don't have to go back down to the store. Which number on my receipt would be the "Order Confirmation Number" for in-store orders? I've entered every combination on my receipt and I get the error message: "Sorry, but no orders were found based on the information given."

Is this because they haven't even placed my order yet because they don't have the keys?

#2 Edited by OneManX (1693 posts) -

I haven't done a ton of pre-irder on digital, but technically the game cant be sold until midnight, I'd assume you'd just go to the store and do your pickup like any old pre-order and you'd just get a code that you'd have to redeem instead of the actual game.

#3 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

@onemanx said:

I haven't done a ton of pre-irder on digital, but technically the game cant be sold until midnight, I'd assume you'd just go to the store and do your pickup like any old pre-order and you'd just get a code that you'd have to redeem instead of the actual game.

This is completely contradictory of what I was told when I made the original preorder. :(

#4 Posted by smokeyd123 (335 posts) -

@onemanx said:

This is completely contradictory of what I was told when I made the original preorder. :(

Whoever originally told you that was on dust. Nothing gets finalized until midnight or whenever the game releases, so the code for the game would print on that receipt. Shitty, I know, but that's how the system works it out.

#5 Edited by OneManX (1693 posts) -

@granderojo said:

@onemanx said:

Unfortunately I know some people who will... say things... to drive pre-orders, but yeah you wont get the code until tonight. Sorry duder.

Edit: You typically can do a pre-load if you pre-order it via the service it's offered from, liek Steam of Origin.

#6 Posted by VoshiNova (1755 posts) -

Yeah I'm sorry duder, I worked for Gamestop for some time in 08-09 and people say all sorts of shit to get pre-orders.

You were probably lied too.

However, Gamestop does allow the cancellation of pre-orders and therefor you can get your money back.

Gamestop does not, however, have the ability to get that store rep to work honestly and not shove pre-orders down peoples gullets on a regular basis......or do they...

#7 Edited by MB (13138 posts) -

Wait wait...so he has to go to the store to pick up his digital preorder? What kind of backwards bullshit is that?

#8 Posted by Kidavenger (3629 posts) -

Why wouldn't they just give you the disk version? are they selling digital cheaper? Either way you are going to have to register it through Origin and you should be able to download it from Origin whenever you want.

#9 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

Gamestop always screwing with you. Don't do business with them and just buy straight up from EA on origin. Use a disposable debit card you can reload or buy a Steam/Origin wallet card.

#10 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

Why wouldn't they just give you the disk version? are they selling digital cheaper? Either way you are going to have to register it through Origin and you should be able to download it from Origin whenever you want.

I asked for the digital version.

#11 Edited by StrainedEyes (1333 posts) -

@kidavenger said:

Why did you pre-order the digital version from Gamestop instead of from Origin? Was there an in-store bonus or something?

#12 Posted by Evilsbane (4745 posts) -

@mb: The kind of backwards bullshit that got me to stop shopping there Years ago. Sell me Fallout 3, "New in the Box" At a midnight release, and I get home realize the box is not only open but 2 Items were missing out of the box, were they big important items? No, did I care? Yes Yes I Did.

#13 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

@granderojo said:

@kidavenger said:

Why did you pre-order the digital version from Gamestop instead of from Origin? Was there an in-store bonus or something?

Because I only had cash on hand and not enough in my bank account to make the transaction.

#14 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Jesus Christ. Why do you buy luxury items if you are poor? Besides, never buy from GameStop pawn shops. Usually kids learn this once they turn 14.

#15 Posted by Humanity (10119 posts) -

Jesus Christ. Why do you buy luxury items if you are poor? Besides, never buy from GameStop pawn shops. Usually kids learn this once they turn 14.

You should make sure people know you're being sarcastic, otherwise that post makes it sound like you're a huge asshole.

#16 Posted by Fattony12000 (7573 posts) -

My advice would be to not purchase your products from GameStop.

#17 Posted by granderojo (1792 posts) -

I just wanted to stop by and say that this was all a misunderstanding with the clerk. I went and talked to him on release day and he technically gave me exactly what I asked for. So yeah, gamestop is not evil nor is the clerk that made my original purchase.