User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DaMisterChief
Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Yes please. There is a severe lack of pirate games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

A Todd McFarlane poster?!

This actually looks somewhat interesting. I still think his outfit now looks completely out of place with the setting as they're just unwilling to shed that concept but whatever.

I skipped Brotherhood and played Revelations, and that was ok but it still felt like playing the same game again albeit with new skins. Maybe since I skipped AC3 this will finally feel somewhat fresh? The pirate vibe seems more fun than saving America from those damn tea-sipping, biscuit munching Brits.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OfficeGamer

The awkward moment when YoutubeUnblocker.org tells you the video is not available in your country.

Anyway, until I watch real time gameplay by people who bought it, I'm so over Assassin's Creed. Hype has become a detrimental luxury an adult should know better than to fall for.

You know if I had the money and skill I'd create a cool looking CGI, will that automatically make you excited for my non-existent game?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped getting excited at CG trailers. It looks cool but I'm waiting for some gameplay.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By abendlaender

Hehe..I'M going to....wait for it PIRATE that game.

Oh I'm so clever and funny and clearly the first person to come up with that joke.
But seriously I loved the ship missions in AC3 so I' excited for this

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I was uploaded to my channel.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

One thing that would make me buy this game instantly:
It is Pirates!, but on the AC3 engine.

I doubt they are going to do that, though...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

He sorta looks like Val Kilmer. Anywhoo I'm still really curious to see this shape up; love the concept of a pirate AC game, and after skipping both Revelations and 3, I'm not exactly burned out on the series like many others are. Plus this'll hopefully make for a fun showpiece on next-gen consoles.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Very excited for this.

Say what you will about 3, but it wasn't bad and hopefully this game just has more focus. I've wanted an open world pirate game for a long time so I'm amped.

Boarding ships should be awesome, and that idea alone makes the ship combat sound deeper, which is great. And hopefully it's very integrated and seamless in the world. I love how the character has two braces of pistols. Hopefully that doesn't make the combat too easy though.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

For me personally they are going to have to make the entire game play differently. The platforming in 3 was poor, the constant 'don't be seen' missions were frustrating, the combat was boring, and the story took forever to do anything interesting. In fact the whole game was so poor that I haven't gone back to finish it even with skipping the majority of the side stuff hoping to streamline the experience and finish it as quickly as possible.

So every little detail will need to change. But that won't happen in a year so I probably won't get this game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I am theoretically interested in Piratey Assassin's Creed, but you'll have to ask me in earnest in about 6 months.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like a game that has a good chance of ending up on my shelf.

nightonyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty cool in my opinion and I do love me some pirates! However, if I do get it I think I'll wait and get it for the PS4. I wonder how it will look for the new consoles and if it will be all that different?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@nightonyx said:

Looks pretty cool in my opinion and I do love me some pirates! However, if I do get it I think I'll wait and get it for the PS4. I wonder how it will look for the new consoles and if it will be all that different?

I don't think it'll be too much different.

My hope is that it has larger crowds and just looks and runs better. I've played AC III on PC and console and it looks nicer and runs way better on PC so that alone is worth it (if you're going to have the next Xbox or PS4 anyways). The framerate was all over the place with AC III on console. We saw larger crowds happen with the cross gen Hitman Blood Money last go around so I think that's a possibility. It'd be a nice addition for immersion.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BaneFireLord

@mafolu said:

It is

Pirates!

, but on the AC3 engine.

Considering all the trade stuff that went on in 3 and the guild micromanaging that's been in since Brotherhood, I don't see it being completely outside the realm of possibility that this will end up being very Pirates!y.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@banefirelord said:

@mafolu said:

It is

Pirates!

, but on the AC3 engine.

Considering all the trade stuff that went on in 3 and the guild micromanaging that's been in since Brotherhood, I don't see it being completely outside the realm of possibility that this will end up being very Pirates!y.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't, actually. And since the game is focused on the ship now, that stuff could actually be cohesive vs the cluster fuck it was in III.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#18 riostarwind  Moderator

If that was what the PS4 version looked like I would be on board. Since it's just another CG trailer it doesn't really sell me at all. Still I expect i'll rent this at some point.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn I'm excited pirates

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

One too many guns , I mean come on that's just stupid.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UlquioKani

Looks awesome. Ass 3 was my favourite and I wanna bet that this will be similiar so I'm onboard(Get it?)

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeln7 said:

It's really not.

The guns take time to reload, this is a thing that people did. Look up a "brace" of pistols.

Perhaps this is a bit exaggerated, but we're getting critical about a game in which a guy has an extending hidden arm blade?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I pick this up. The naval stuff in 3 was fantastic.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ltsmash

@humanity said:

A Todd McFarlane poster?!

Yes, because Todd McFarlane knows how to associate himself with successful video game projects.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I stopped getting excited at CG trailers. It looks cool but I'm waiting for some gameplay.

You and me both, buddy. You and me both.

...unless it's a trailer for Darkstalkers 4, Folklore 2, or Power Stone 3. Then you're on you're own. But until then, you and me both.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Hunter5024

If this weren't an Assassin's Creed game I think I would be twice as excited.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

I'm not sure why I hadn't put much thought into the title before, but I'm curious if this game will largely revolve around Assassin's masquerading as Templars and vice-versa. Also, who the hell is going to be in the Aniums in this game since AC3 was supposed to be the final Desmond game? Will AC4 possibly just drop the Aniums conceit and fully take place in the past?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By Humanity

I'm not sure why I hadn't put much thought into the title before, but I'm curious if this game will largely revolve around Assassin's masquerading as Templars and vice-versa. Also, who the hell is going to be in the Aniums in this game since AC3 was supposed to be the final Desmond game? Will AC4 possibly just drop the Aniums conceit and fully take place in the past?

Surprise! It will be someone in the future who's in an animus re-living Desmonds memories!

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Cool, now I get to hold R1 and the left stick forward in another game!

Seriously though, if they took a little break between these games I'd be a bit more excited. I'm really not expecting anything other than a reskinned AC3 for this. Bugs and all.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By confusedowl

Looks cool for a CG trailer. I'll make my final judgement when I see gameplay but for now I'm optimistic. We need more pirate games and I actually enjoyed 3.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jimbo

Why are there pirates in Assassin's Creed?

There just 'arrrrr!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32  Edited By JasonR86

@jimbo:

Hey, guys, you think the game is going to be rated 'arrrrr'?

Ennosuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compared to the old CGI intros before AC3 (yes this will be the intro) this wasn´t again not that good like I expect it to be. Not bad, but I am not optimistic after AC3, they have to win me back. AC3 felt sometimes like AC, but sometimes not and I expect it to be the same in AC4. But I have to say being Captain of ship was good in AC3, even it was new and different.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeln7 said:

It's really not.

The guns take time to reload, this is a thing that people did. Look up a "brace" of pistols.

Perhaps this is a bit exaggerated, but we're getting critical about a game in which a guy has an extending hidden arm blade?

I just think is a little bit excessive, you aren't really fooling anyone as "just some random guy" when you have 2 guns strapped to your chest but who knows maybe this game is less about being a crowd-blending assassin.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeln7 said:

@artisanbreads said:

@angeln7 said:

It's really not.

I just think is a little bit excessive, you aren't really fooling anyone as "just some random guy" when you have 2 guns strapped to your chest but who knows maybe this game is less about being a crowd-blending assassin.

As opposed to fooling people by being the sole person who's walking around dressed wearing the Assassins garb complete with white hood during the American Revolution? Like @Humanity said, the outfit alone has required a lot of suspension of disbelief that your character can supposedly still function as an effective assassin ever since AC2. Plus, as I'm to believe after what I've heard about AC3, the series has gotten so outlandish now that it baffles me as to why anyone would even care about anything concerning realism by this point.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

This is great and all, but how does it tie into the modern era storyline, which was left in a WTF state at the end of AC3?

Gamer1729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool...

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AngelN7

@yummylee said:

@angeln7 said:

@artisanbreads said:

@angeln7 said:

It's really not.

As opposed to fooling people by being the sole person who's walking around dressed wearing the Assassins garb complete with white hood during the American Revolution? Like @Humanity said, the outfit alone has required a lot of suspension of disbelief that your character can supposedly still function as an effective assassin ever since AC2. Plus, as I'm to believe after what I've heard about AC3, the series has gotten so outlandish now that it baffles me as to why anyone would even care about anything concerning realism by this point.

You're right, Connor got spotted a lot in that game ( I mean in cutscenes) the templars knew who he was from the get go, he wasn't hiding sometimes he was just running head on into a battlefield, so this one probably be even more actiony than the other games is also about pirates who are anything but stealthy, I don't mind about the game/setting/character being realistic or not because they aren't but the first game was about killing people with a small blade and blending into a crowd of monks, they've got so far away from that now.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By altairre

I'm not hyped but I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it day one. I had a good time with every AC game so far and eventhough ACIII couldn't live up to the expectations it was still a solid game that I don't regret buying.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeln7: Yeah, the series has definitely broken off from where the original began. I kinda hated the original personally, but the idea of it all was neat. Still, Assassin's Creed is barely even a stealth series anymore really, least not a very good one. They're mostly about the slick production values, variety, and being able to explore a well realised world from an interesting era. That and having a seemingly never ending to-do list of side stuff apparently.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Man, this makes me want to play AC3 to get up to speed.

That is a bad thing in many ways - but I guess I'm saying, fuck yeah pirates!

Yarrrrr!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

sure looks like a video game protagonist all right.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

watch it before it gets taken down if interested.

ill give them the benefit of the doubt, looks interesting, the modern day stuff i could give 2 shits about after what they did with it in 3.

but this history pirate stuff im all for. also with him having 4 guns makes me think they are aiming for a faster paced game combat wise.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta also realize folks, that there are 2 teams that work on the campaigns of assassin creed games (rest of the stuff gets outsourced to other teams in ubi) (like how in cod one year its infinity ward, and the next its treyarch)

this game is most likely done by the revelations team.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

I'm a fan of the pirate theme. Hopefully they fully expand on the naval combat.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed as a series hit a high note after the end of 2 let me kick the pope in the dick over and over and there's just no way Ubisoft will ever top that for me. So I find myself getting less excited the more AC games get announced.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I would be more excited for this if a new one wasn't released every year. I only played Brotherhood and though I really liked it I felt burned by the ending. The Desmond stuff is crazy and weird (and I know a lot of people like it), but I think I'd prefer these games if it wasn't there. I don't like feeling that I'm not getting a whole story with a game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I haven't even played Assassin's Creed III yet (mostly due to lack of time - it's sitting on my PC, all alone and sad), but I went and read the wiki because...I just HAD to fucking know what the hell happened in that game. After reading that, I don't think I even WANT to play AC3...or invest in any future iterations.

Nonetheless, this just doesn't do much for me. I don't really care for pirates that much (they are cool and all, but...it's worn out personally). Mixing that into Assassin's Creed just feels...weird.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Naval boarding excites me, abunch. ~ Sly 3 had naval boarding, and that was great, too!. Almost..

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Dacnomaniac

O_O What if Blackbeard is a Templar... Mind = Blown