#1 Edited by Reisz (1522 posts) -

Yoshinori Ono has tweeted a confirmation that Asura will not be the unannounced DLC character in the upcoming Ultra Street Fighter IV release.

I was under the impression the newest addition would be announced today before the finals but can't find any word on who it is yet.

I'd love to see a Rival Schools character, either Akira or Batsu, some people have Mentioned Samanosuke and Haggar, although I had thought Haggar had been in a Street Fighter title in the past, either way I'm excited about playing rather than watching SFIV for the first time in years.

Who would you lot want to see added to the roster?

#2 Posted by BisonHero (6789 posts) -

Boooooooooo.

For me, the day that Asura wasn't in USF4 was the worst day of my life. But for Ono, it was Tuesday.

#3 Posted by N7 (3657 posts) -

Someone said Goku. I SAY GOKU.

#4 Edited by Reisz (1522 posts) -

@bisonhero: I was pretty bummed. Couldn't think of anyone that would have fit better. Also is there an award for reference of the year? Because if so, I am voting for you.

@n7: Don't get my hopes up like that, Goku would be glorious. Wait didn't the some of the budokai guys work on SFIV? No way they would pull a licensed character like that though, would they? Oh god would they!?

#5 Edited by StarvingGamer (8456 posts) -

For me, the day that Asura wasn't in USF4 was the worst day of my life. But for Ono, it was Tuesday.

Hahahaha, marvelous.

#6 Posted by Pvtporter (27 posts) -

It'll probably be that ugly Megaman from the PS3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken, right?

#7 Posted by joshwent (2322 posts) -

Scorpion

#8 Posted by HubrisRanger (489 posts) -

THE WORLD NEEDS MORE ASURA.

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4730 posts) -

It'll probably be that ugly Megaman from the PS3 version of Street Fighter X Tekken, right?

Ono said it wasn't him either. I would love a Darkstalkers character, preferably Felicia (surprised?), but, for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure how well any of them would translate into Street Fighter.

#10 Posted by Reisz (1522 posts) -

The thing I don't get is why bring a character from another franchise at all? I would have expected it to be a brand new character, something along the lines of Hakan but the way they announced it, "never appeared in a Street Fighter game before" makes me sure that it's an already established character. Who knows maybe they've made a deal with Sega or something crazy and it will turn out to be Ryo.

#11 Edited by Superkenon (1486 posts) -

Forgive my ignorance, but are we talking about Asura's Wrath Asura?

If so, that's just as well. I friggin' love Asura, and I'm positive he doesn't belong in a game trying to achieve "balance."

#12 Posted by mrfluke (5311 posts) -
#13 Posted by DonutFever (3559 posts) -

@babychoochoo said:

@pvtporter said:

Ono said it wasn't him either. I would love a Darkstalkers character, preferably Felicia (surprised?), but, for a variety of reasons, I'm not sure how well any of them would translate into Street Fighter.

You just broke my heart. I almost bought SFXT purely for that Mega Man.

#14 Posted by TyCobb (1976 posts) -

It should be Doctrine Dark.

#15 Edited by StarvingGamer (8456 posts) -

Now that I think about it, clearly it's going to be Scorpion.

#16 Posted by Egg0 (169 posts) -

Skullomania...

#17 Posted by The_Reflection (251 posts) -

@egg0: if only we could be so lucky

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

Haggar is starting to sound more likely now. If he is included, I wonder how they will make him different from Zangief. Maybe let him have a Pipe like Cody has his knife.

#19 Edited by JackSukeru (5946 posts) -

@egg0 said:

Skullomania...

I'd love that, but it won't be. Also, he's technically been in a Street Fighter before.

My guesses are either Haggar, to round out the Final Fight crew, or a redesigned Roxy if they wanted to go random and deep.

#20 Edited by csl316 (9230 posts) -

I didn't even think about the possibility til I read the thread title.

So I went from "hell yeah!!" to "fuu-" in literally one second.

#21 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5981 posts) -

The world needs more soulfist

#22 Posted by Wikitoups (866 posts) -

Scorpion

#23 Posted by kishinfoulux (2453 posts) -

Haggar is the popular opinion right now and it makes sense.

It's also a terribly, boring pick and not worth hyping.

#24 Posted by GaspoweR (3349 posts) -

If this weekend was any indication...

It's Shuma. :D #Kappa

Seriously though like the OP suggested a Rival Schools character makes the most sense and would be pretty cool IMO. I would also wonder if Rival Schools considered part of the extended Street Fighter franchise. Zangief himself already has a Haggar alt costume so I'm hoping Capcom doesn't make Haggar the fifth.

#25 Posted by randomcharachter (62 posts) -

World needs Street Fighter V not Ultra Street Fighter.

But for new character it will be better a character from out of the franchise like Haggar because all of the announced characters are playable in SFxT and it won't be a new thing for players.

#26 Posted by jewunit (1064 posts) -

They can add in Morrigan to test the waters for Darkstalkers 4.

#27 Posted by Reisz (1522 posts) -

@superkenon: The very same. That's actually a good point. He would have been a good fit visually but no way he ever would lose to the likes of Sakura or Dan.

@jjor64: If I was a betting man Haggar is where my money would be right now, I got all confused thinking he'd already been in an SF game before but I was thinking of Alpha 3 MAX and Eagle, chances are it'll be Haggar, they already have some amount of animation data from MVC3 after all.

@tycobb @egg0: D. Dark or Skullomania would be great, I'm pretty sure the EX games count as SF titles though. Bummer.

#28 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2561 posts) -

It's clearly bad box art Mega Man.

#29 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11433 posts) -
#30 Edited by myketuna (1731 posts) -

I'd say Haggar. I don't know what engine SSFIV uses, but MT Framework is used by a bunch of Capcom games including MvC3. I figure if it is a custom engine that runs SFIV, Capcom knows how to port to it. And if it's MT Framework, they'll have an even easier time moving him over. Regardless, he has never appeared in a Street Fighter game and he would complete the ensemble of Final Fight characters in IV (Hugo, Poison, Guy, and Cody). Not to to mention completing the original trifecta from the first Final Fight.

#31 Edited by Reisz (1522 posts) -
#32 Edited by kishinfoulux (2453 posts) -

It's clearly bad box art Mega Man.

Confirmed to not be him also.

As for the Darkstalkers suggestions it ain't happening. Darkstalkers: Resurrection didn't meet Capcom's expectations, which they were using to gauge interest for a new game.