• 62 results
#51 Posted by Liam_mk (290 posts) -

The day I started using Google is the day I became the laziest man on the planet.

#52 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

When a problem is done in a way that thinking of a solution ends up not being fun. The Double Fine guys had this in part of they're discussion on one of the Videos they did as part of the kickstarter thing actually.

#53 Posted by Ghostiet (5270 posts) -

After my second throw of the controller at my bed. It takes time.

#54 Posted by Zor (656 posts) -

It varies from game to game, as well from puzzle to puzzle in that game. For the most part, if i get to a point where i don't know what to do (meaning that i can't even find the puzzle or don't understand what the puzzle is asking for) then i go online to look up an answer. Like others have said in this topic, I find that the older i get, the less time i'll wait before i'll go online looking for an answer. On the last professor layton game, i did about 165 of the puzzles on my own, and looked up the last 5 (mainly sliding puzzles near the end)

#55 Edited by Brendan (7806 posts) -

When I talk myself into the mindset that "Ok, the problem I'm having has nothing to do with the skill set required for this game, so fuck it, I'm not going to waste my time."

This generally happens when I get lost or can't find where I'm supposed to go in RPG's like Final Fantasy or The Elder Scrolls, or especially Zelda.

#56 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

if i spend like 20 minutes with no idea what to do i'll consult the internet.

#57 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (716 posts) -

i give up after i begin using a shitload of profanity, and after i begin to sweat because i'm so highly irritated. the last time i had to go online for a solution to a problem was about 3 weeks ago. it wasn't video game related, either. it was to see how to remove a fucking headlight for a 2006 chevy cobalt so i could change the bulb. upon looking it up, i was thrilled i wasn't the only one having the same issues.

#58 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i would say around 10 minutes if i don't know what i am doing.

i hate when a game with a puzzle is either too easy or too hard. i like a small challenge but not a huge one.

#59 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

I only look up the answers in two situations:

1. The situation has a choice, and that choice might have long lasting consequences that the game doesn't explain, and I don't want to be fucked because I didn't know something (dark souls for example)

2. I can't figure out the solution and I'm not sure if it's a failure on my part, or because I'm unaware of a game mechanic.

#60 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Once it starts getting absurd. Like spending two or more hours on a section, Dying repeatedly due to not finding a way out of an area, or just straight up frustration at not being able to wrap my mind around puzzles.

#61 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

I give up pretty easily. The alternative is just getting bored and doing something else. It is the same reason I like a game to have easy and frequent save points. I also use the same "cheat" to ensure I did everything in an area before I move on. It may save some anguish later.

#62 Posted by hmmisee (156 posts) -

It depends on the game really, for modern games not particularly but for older games most often, I justify this by wanting to see more of the game and enjoy the overall experience but I do see how I lose the challenging aspect and for some people that means the fun.

¯\(°_0)/¯