Atlus teases Persona announcement on Nov. 24th!!!

• 105 results
shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@darji said:

@grissefar said:

I thought they said in Famitsu they aren't going to make any more games for the consoles, which sounds like it is probably a 3DS game, and that makes me less excited.

They never said that.

It is super weird to me how much people want this whatever it is to be on the 3ds. Considering SMT4 sold only 380k+ world wide, even with Nintendo marketing and fire emblem + SMT4 credit deal. Not to mention that is on a 13+mil. install base. P4G on the other hand sold 500k (last i heard) with significantly less marketing (atlus + sony is no Nintendo) and an install base of about 2-3mil. This is the whole tales games on the 360 all over again. Company goes where their fan base is at, Namco learned that the hard way.

Now there is an incredibly high chance this will be multiplat if not all current platform (ps3, 360, 3ds, vita) but the notion that this is in anyway going to be exclusive to one platform is crazy to me.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darji said:

@grissefar said:

I thought they said in Famitsu they aren't going to make any more games for the consoles, which sounds like it is probably a 3DS game, and that makes me less excited.

They never said that.

I hope so.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

It will probably be a game, Persona 5 my guess, for the PS3 coming out 2014, delayed to 2015. Like the guys asked a couple weeks ago, what the fuck are they doing over in Japan?

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By oldenglishc

@darji said:

@grissefar said:

They never said that.

I hope so.

I completely support what you're trying to do here.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Catherine 2

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

@grissefar said:

They never said that.

It is super weird to me how much people want this whatever it is to be on the 3ds. Considering SMT4 sold only 380k+ world wide, even with Nintendo marketing and fire emblem + SMT4 credit deal. Not to mention that is on a 13+mil. install base. P4G on the other hand sold 500k (last i heard) with significantly less marketing (atlus + sony is no Nintendo) and an install base of about 2-3mil. This is the whole tales games on the 360 all over again. Company goes where their fan base is at, Namco learned that the hard way.

Now there is an incredibly high chance this will be multiplat if not all current platform (ps3, 360, 3ds, vita) but the notion that this is in anyway going to be exclusive to one platform is crazy to me.

I cant see 3DS at all. For once it is a playstation brand and secondly. bringing it also to the 3DS combined with PS3/PS4 and Vita means a HUGE downgrade not only in terms of graphics but also possibilities.

I can see a PS4/Ps3/vita combination and I think that is what we will get in the end.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am 60 hours into persona 4 golden (btw it totally justifies a psv purchase!) and I can not wait for persona 5.

As long as it comes out on the vita I will be super stoke, 4 is such a good portable game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zeik

@shinjin977 said:

"Incredibly high" is an extreme overstatement. I can think of one multiplatform release in the history of Atlus. (By that I specifically mean multiplatform launch, not ports.) Granted, with SEGA owning them now who the fuck knows, but if they're not forcing them then I really doubt we'd see any more than a PS3/360 release, with a Vita port sometime down the line, maybe.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@shinjin977 said:

"Incredibly high" is an extreme overstatement. I can think of one multiplatform release in the history of Atlus. (By that I specifically mean multiplatform launch, not ports.) Granted, with SEGA owning them now who the fuck knows, but if they're not forcing them then I really doubt we'd see any more than a PS3/360 release, with a Vita port sometime down the line, maybe.

What you said is true but while I do not care for sega if there is one thing they are good at in recent years it is ports.

The reason Atlus games usually only come to one platform is because the size of the team is so small. If we look at Japanese teams in similar situation as Atlus, it would be Fromsoft. Fromsoft made Demon soul's in a tiny room with less than 20-30 people and they only made it for ps3. Once they got some attention and Namco Bandai start publishing for them, Dark soul show up on 360 and ps3.

I don't think it is an overstatement that this will come to all platform they can fit it on. Hell looking at Sega's porting pattern, I would not be surprise if this show up on pc at some point too.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@shinjin977 said:

What you said is true but while I do not care for sega if there is one thing they are good at in recent years it is ports.

The reason Atlus games usually only come to one platform is because the size of the team is so small. If we look at Japanese teams in similar situation as Atlus, it would be Fromsoft. Fromsoft made Demon soul's in a tiny room with less than 20-30 people and they only made it for ps3. Once they got some attention and Namco Bandai start publishing for them, Dark soul show up on 360 and ps3.

I don't think it is an overstatement that this will come to all platform they can fit it on. Hell looking at Sega's porting pattern, I would not be surprise if this show up on pc at some point too.

Sega has quite a few exclsuive game swith the newest one being Yakuza. Yakuza fits the same audience as Persona so it would make sense to leave this on a Playstation console. Preferable Ps3/PS4 with Vita remote play.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zeik

@shinjin977: PS3 to 360 is a pretty easy port. That's reasonable port to expect. But 3DS and Vita on day 1? Like I said, with SEGA who the fuck knows, but I think that's unlikely, and would be very bad for the development of the game.

Although really, that seems unlikely either way. SEGA may be port happy, but it's not like they make one team do every version. They have a team working on the console versions and a team working on the handheld versions. The Persona team is not that big.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@shinjin977 said:

One multiplatform release, really? How about Persona 4 Arena and Catherine. One of them being a Persona game and the other being developed by the Persona team. I think that is as much evidence for a high possibility of a multiplatform release as you can get.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Zeik

@ll_exile_ll said:

@zeik said:

@shinjin977 said:

One multiplatform release, really? How about Persona 4 Arena and Catherine. One of them being a Persona game and the other being developed by the Persona team. I think that is as much evidence for a high possibility of a multiplatform release as you can get.

Catherine is the one. I don't count Arena, because Arc System Works handled most of the technical parts of that game, and they have plenty of history and experience with that already. It was expected. (Although even they have started abandoning their 360 support.)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@zeik said:

@shinjin977 said:

Catherine is the one. I don't count Arena, because Arc System Works handled most of the technical parts of that game, and they have plenty of history and experience with that already. It was expected. (Although even they have started abandoning their 360 support.)

But you have to admit, those two games being multiplatform creates precedence for both P-studios and the Persona series being multiplatform.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: For PS3/360 sure. I was more talking about it being multiplatform on everything at once. (PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, etc.)

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please be Persona 5. Please don't be on a handheld.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Please be Persona 5. Please don't be on a handheld.

What if it PS4 and Vita cross buy?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SpunkyHePanda
shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all that speculation out of the way, I hope the new color scheme is not red. It is my lease favorite color. Considering p3 was blue and p4 was yellow, I hope they go green this time.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@shinjin977: Etrian Odyssey IV/GTA V(Franklin) has your back.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By pyrodactyl

With all that speculation out of the way, I hope the new color scheme is not red. It is my lease favorite color. Considering p3 was blue and p4 was yellow, I hope they go green this time.

if this is indeed persona 5, the new color scheme seems obvious.

The city names are confusing though. You might think this is for various persona themed concerts but if it's only that, Atlus fucked up. They have to know every single one of their fan will latch on to this as some Persona 5 news. They can't fuck with the fans that way can they?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MariachiMacabre
shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977 said:

if this is indeed persona 5, the new color scheme seems obvious.

The city names are confusing though. You might think this is for various persona themed concerts but if it's only that, Atlus fucked up. They have to know every single one of their fan will latch on to this as some Persona 5 news. They can't fuck with the fans that way can they?

No this is almost certainly about games. Whether it is p5 or not? I am not sure but like you said Atlus knows fans would latch onto this like leeches looking for blood, considering they went out of their ways to put the persona studio logo on it and everything. It would be like capcom teasing a new game with a megaman helmet and then turn out its a live concert or whatever. It just makes no sense.

With that being said the city names are weird, considering all persona games are set in a fake cities. Unveiling event?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By _Zombie_

Interesting.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Anyone click those boxes?

They wiggle.

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Persona 5 takes place in different, real Japanese cities this time. It would definitely be more ambitious since P3 and P4 take place in only 1 city, and fitting for a next generation Persona. I'm hoping it's for PS3 though, it would be weird for them to skip the current generation.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Man, November can't come soon enough.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By Hunter5024

I really doubt this is a concert. Atlus wouldn't announce an announcement for 2 months from now over something like that. Square-Enix is the only company that comes to mind who might pull that kind of stunt. Also the retweet by Yoshida definitely lends evidence to this being a game, not to mention the Persona Team's logo on there. I mean I understand trying to temper expectations, but it's a pretty safe bet that this is the Persona 5 announcement.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe it's gotten to this point, but if they even say the words "Persona" and "five" in the same sentence, I'll flip out. I really hope this is the announcement

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:

I can't believe it's gotten to this point, but if they even say the words "Persona" and "five" in the same sentence, I'll flip out. I really hope this is the announcement

"Persona 5 for PS4 and Vita! Q4 2014!"

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that everyone's mentioned the live music events I'm kind of wary. There's no way it can't be Persona 5 right? RIGHT? Stop fucking around already and take my money.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buneroid: Logically, it can't simply be a music event and it has to be game related, but it also doesn't have to be Persona 5.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P5'd be awesome and all, but tbh any Persona at all will get me excited.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

FUCK.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

DONT PLAY WITH ME LIKE THIS ATLUS, THIS HAD BETTER BE A MAIN-LINE PERSONA GAME.

(if it isn't, I'm going to fucking crawl into a corner and cry)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#88  Edited By jacksukeru

Just enough time for me to completely forget about it until it hits the forums.

KPJO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda doubt this is will be persona 5, since why would they make a brand new site when there's persona5.jp?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kpjo said:

I kinda doubt this is will be persona 5, since why would they make a brand new site when there's persona5.jp?

Because this might be a portal website and not necessarily aimed at a single thing.

It's worth pointing out that both persona5.jp and p-ch.jp domains were registered on the same date by Index corp.: June 25, 2013.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it when a well known company like Atlus teases about one of it's best properties knowing full well that all the fans want is a proper sequel, if they don't deliver all they achieve is an internet wave of disappointment.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I will also throw my hat into the "LOL LIVE CONCERT TOUR IN THOSE JAPANESE CITIES" ring, simply because I'm tempering my expectations.

If it's not Persona 5, I get to say 'I told you so,' and if it is, I'm pleasantly surprised. Welcome to the way I live my life.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like it when a well known company like Atlus teases about one of it's best properties knowing full well that all the fans want is a proper sequel, if they don't deliver all they achieve is an internet wave of disappointment.

Atlus is a really smart company when it comes to marketing. They don't have the budget or the connection to market their games like EA, Nintendo or Microsoft, but man do they know how to reach their fan base. This might not be persona5 but it is a game, and it is made by the persona team. That's enough to get me excited. But thinking about this logically, this can not be anything but a persona game of some kind. The color theme, the time, the purposely placed persona team logo. I am going to go ahead and say it is a persona game, might be SMT Persona: Ultra Lariat Drop Kick and not persona 5 but I will take fucking anything from that team at this point.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It won't be Persona 5. I'll believe that when I see it. That game is approaching Half Life 3 levels to me.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Steadying

Assuming this is a Persona 5 announcement, which it clearly is, I really, reallly hope this game is not tied to Persona 3/4 in any huge way. Not because I don't like them (Persona 3 is one of my favorite games ever), but I dunno, it's just so silly. The certain tie ins Persona 4 had with 3 were cool, but anything bigger than that (Arena for instance) is just so freaking dumb in my opinion. That game just came off as so FF Dissidia-ish in terms of story......Okay, maybe not that stupid, but still.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#96 chaser324  Moderator

I will also throw my hat into the "LOL LIVE CONCERT TOUR IN THOSE JAPANESE CITIES" ring, simply because I'm tempering my expectations.

If it's not Persona 5, I get to say 'I told you so,' and if it is, I'm pleasantly surprised. Welcome to the way I live my life.

As much as I want it to be Persona 5, I have to admit that it makes a lot of sense for this to be related to Persona Live concerts.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Again, no one has yet to answer my three questions when it comes to thinking this could be related to a music concert:

1. Why would they specifically post the logo of a video game development team on a teaser website involving a music concert?
  2. Why has that logo not appeared in past Persona concert website pages?
  3. Why would this be the first concert event to be hinted at in such an obscure fashion, if hinted at all?

I don't see how it makes sense since I wouldn't be able to answer those questions myself.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Zeik

@kishinfoulux said:

It won't be Persona 5. I'll believe that when I see it. That game is approaching Half Life 3 levels to me.

If that's true it's only because of false expectations. It took 7 years in-between P2 and P3, which is not unusual for Atlus. If this is P5 it's being announced just about where I would expect it to be.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live concerts? They barely had one.

No Caption Provided

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Live concerts? They barely had one.

Plus, there's that. But hey, I guess they could have two different live concerts within the same year if they really wanted to for some reason.

There's being pessimistic and then there's being unreasonable. I think expecting a live concert falls into the latter.