Attention All Gamers: We're Officially Screwed

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nets

2009 looked to be a great year for gaming, and still does, but through these delays it is steadily becoming worse. With that said, gamers will be experiencing far too many games they want to play but simply do not have the money and/or do not have enough time to complete all of those games.

This Joystiq article sums up my thoughts exactly http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/30/capcom-delays-dark-void-into-2010-avoids-crowded-fall-game-sea/ . The following were supposed to come out in 2009 (and then some): "Splinter Cell: Conviction, Bioshock 2, Singularity, Bayonetta, Red Steel 2, and probably Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption. Oh, as well as the already planned God of War 3, Heavy Rain, MAG, Darksiders, Aliens vs. Predator, Alan Wake, Dante's Inferno, Mass Effect 2, Sin & Punishment 2, White Knight Chronicles, Split/Second, and Capcom's own Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2".

That list doesn't even include the other numerous titles coming out next year: Fallout: New Vegas, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, ModNation Racers, The Agency, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Crackdown 2, Command & Conquer 4, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, No More Heroes 2, Golden Sun DS, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, etc. And that's not even all of them. Good luck gamers.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

Thats official? I guess I'll sell my consoles then.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

Bring... it... on...
Considering that I'm not really interested in all of those games (only a select few) I don't feel that I'll be spending much money.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Metroid545

fridge stocked full of energy drinks and doing some extra work for some cold $ MUST MAKE DEADLINE

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nets

Of course, not all of these games will come out in 2010. We will see delays yet again, but a good number should stay, just like 2007. Which is considered one of the best years in gaming. 2010 looks to be the best year ever gaming has ever seen even if we see a good eight or so of these games above get delayed. I'm gonna have to keep working at Wendy's to get the all the select games I want next year 0_o

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin

Prepare for a ton of delays until Q3 or 4 2010 I guess?

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CoverlessTech

Guess what! You don't have to buy/play every damn game that comes out. Leave that for poor journalist who don't get to take the time and enjoy the games to their fullest.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#8  Edited By citizenkane
karakuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By karakuchi

I see this as a good thing.  I'll get one or two of those when they come out, but the others will come down in price by the time I have the time or desire to play them.  Sooner or later we won't see this happening any longer.  These games are only considred successful if they sell a bunch of copies in the first few weeks of release.  If that mentallity continues then companies will start releasing more games during parts of the year that are considered dead periods for game releases, which means there will always be a big release every week, and our back logs will just keep getting bigger and bigger.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By GunnBjorn

I surely am not alarmed by this.
Actually, it might be the best thing that could happen to me,as in that i've got time to do 'more important' things in life.
Admittedly, i looked forward to some of the titles mentioned above.
Still, patience is a virtua.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#11  Edited By tearhead

Simple, I'll just have to start selling body parts. Luckily, God blessed me with two of most of them, I think I'll start with my left lung... 

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Man, that is a lot of games. I can't afford this hobby... I guess I'll just have to narrow it down. A slow, painful process.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By trophyhunter

I don't get it.
we are screwed because we have to wait two extra months for games?

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShadowKing7

You have no clue how much this list saddens me since I leave for the Navy in a month.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aas

We'll be fine, no reason to make a big deal out of nothing.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Cerza

The new Melty Blood comes out in less than a month, then there is the Persona 1 remake a month after that and then Uncharted 2 less than a month after that and then Modern Warfare 2 about a month after. How am I screwed as a gamer? I think things are going pretty darn good thanks.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killdave

This Autumn will see some of the biggest blockbuster games released ...
Even if you include all of those that have been pushed back to 2010 ... the ones coming out in 2009 would still be bigger than them

Halo ODST BLOCKBUSTER
Assassins creed 2 BLOCKBUSTER
Forza 3 BLOCKBUSTER
Modern warfare 2 BLOCKBUSTER
Starcraft 2 BLOCKBUSTER
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead 2
Football manager 2010 (in2009)
Dragon age origins
Operation flashpoint 2
Uncharted 2
Shadow Complex BLOCKBUSTER
Rock band beatles BLOCKBUSTER

Do I need to go on ??
NO ...
Because you will a) run out of hours in the year to play b) run out of money to buy all of these

2009 is greater than what 2010 is offering so far

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mordukai
@Nets: Why did you post this on the PS3 forums? Anyhows, could you really blame publisher by trying to avoid MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2? At least our winter is going to be busy.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By agentboolen

What makes you think next years games wont be delayed at all???  I woudn't worry about it, there is always something to play unless your picky.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nets
@trophyhunter said:
"I don't get it. we are screwed because we have to wait two extra months for games?"
Simply too many games coming out next year that gamers will never catch up on all of them, or it will be a hard task to do so. Of course the title was an EXAGGERATION, people. It is NOT LITERAL. Think of it like an eye catching title for a magazine to draw in consumers, but in this case, Giantbomb users.
@agentboolen said:
"What makes you think next years games wont be delayed at all???  I woudn't worry about it, there is always something to play unless your picky."
See post #5.
@Mordukai said:
"@Nets: Why did you post this on the PS3 forums? Anyhows, could you really blame publisher by trying to avoid MW2 and Assassin's Creed 2? At least our winter is going to be busy."

Now that I think about it, I don't really know, except that the PS3 is my primary console. Do we even have a forum for all consoles? My apologies if there is one. A mod. may move this topic there if possible, or delete this topic if it really bothers people that much.
Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#21  Edited By Eder
@CoverlessTech said:
" Guess what! You don't have to buy/play every damn game that comes out. Leave that for poor journalist who don't get to take the time and enjoy the games to their fullest. "
Yeah, because getting payed to play games and write about them is something would never want to do.....
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai
@Nets: Ohh man you got me wrong. I does not bother be it just seemed wired you would post this on the PS3 forum, thats all. I was expecting another thread about "lets bash the PS3 some more" kinda thread. My apologizes. 
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By Atlas
@GunnBjorn: Patience is a Virtua Fighter? I like that.

Anyway, there's no need to be alarmed, unless you're the type of psycho that has to play every single new release. Don't think of the sheer number of games coming out; think about the time you'll spend with them. Let's break it down:

Borderlands - likely to have replay value and plenty of depth
Dragon Age: Origins - almost definitely will have replay value and tons of depth
Alpha Protocol - see Borderlands.
Forza 3 - I spent over 200 hours with Forza 2. Nuff said.
Modern Warfare 2 - the multiplayer will keep people coming back time after time
Tekken 6 - with online and custom characters, should have plenty of depth
Starcraft 2 - infinite replay value due to popular multiplayer 
Left 4 Dead 2 - got three buddies? Into shooting zombies? Done.
The Beatles: Rock Band - it's Rock Band. You'll play it forever, or at least until the new one comes out
Guitar Hero 6 - see above

I can look at the new releases for Q4 2009 and see the potential for 1,000 hours of game time. 1,000 hours of game time over four months is 8 hours a day. I'm sure that's more than enough.
Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Manatassi
@CoverlessTech said:
" Guess what! You don't have to buy/play every damn game that comes out. Leave that for poor journalist who don't get to take the time and enjoy the games to their fullest. "
I do, I just cant help myself!!!
ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By ArcBorealis

Meh, I'm already busy as it is trying to work on my backlog, these delays don't really bug me.

Nor do half of them interest me.

angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By angelkanarias

I'm not going to play all of them, and I don't see any problem.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By brukaoru

This is why I wait for price drops. It pays to wait. Also, there's nothing wrong with waiting to play a game months, or even years later. I think there's a lot of this mentality with people that if you don't play a game soon after it's release, then what's the point, which is very weird logic to me. Of course, some people are just impatient. :P

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Satune

Dont forget Brutal Legend, thats looking like a good one!

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Brake

Looking at the OPs list I can find about five games that I would consider must haves for me. So yeah, not really too worried. I mean honestly some of those are gonna get delayd and some are just gonna suck bawls, so it shouldn't be too bad even if you're not picky like me. Besides if you collect a backlog just go through it during a dry periods.

WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By WrenchNinja
@Nets said:
"Splinter Cell: Conviction, Bioshock 2, Singularity, Bayonetta, Red Steel 2, and probably Mafia II and Red Dead Redemption. Oh, as well as the already planned God of War 3, Heavy Rain, MAG, Darksiders, Aliens vs. Predator, Alan Wake, Dante's Inferno, Mass Effect 2, Sin & Punishment 2, White Knight Chronicles, Split/Second, and Capcom's own Dead Rising 2 and Lost Planet 2".
That list doesn't even include the other numerous titles coming out next year: Fallout: New Vegas, Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy 13, ModNation Racers, The Agency, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Crackdown 2, Command & Conquer 4, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, No More Heroes 2, Golden Sun DS, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, etc. And that's not even all of them. Good luck gamers. "
Honestly, out of all of those, I really just want Golden Sun DS. The rest I'd be happy to wait for a price drop on.
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By zyn

Personally, I'd rather have a LOT of games to play than nothing to play.  Bring on the gamez!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iam3green

horrible, yes, games are going to get delayed sometimes. o well there is really nothing u can do about it but hope that eventually the game will come out.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By ThomasP

2010 is going to explode. Golden Sun DS, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid: Other M, Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty and Borderlands are my most anticipated.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#34  Edited By Sooperspy
@killdave:  Since when was Uncharted 2 not a BLOCKBUSTER
killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By killdave
@Redbullet685 said:
" @killdave:  Since when was Uncharted 2 not a BLOCKBUSTER "
Since I played and owned Tomb Raider 1 , Tomb Raider 2 , Tomb Raider 3
Played Tomb Raider The Last Revelation , Tomb Raider Chronicles , Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness
Played and owned Tomb Raider Legend
Played Tomb Raider Anniversary
Played Uncharted
Played Tomb Raider Underworld

As well as many Prince of Persia games and Indiana Jones games

Be happy I even included Uncharted 2 because I'm close to being burned out from these Tomb Raider style games.

Edit - also because every "BLOCKBUSTER" I listed had a massively successful prequel (those I listed sold more than double or triple what Uncharted Drake sold) (Shadow Complex is Epic with their own blockbuster history)

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By Bigandtasty

Blizzard (under orders from Activision) is obviously paying other companies off to delay their new releases to make WoW and StarCraft II more attractive.

So give in!