• 135 results
#1 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -
#2 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

No interest?

They broke $10.000 already and just started with Shadow Complex, pretty crazy already.

#3 Posted by WhiteBrightKnight (166 posts) -

I'm really enjoying it, came looking for a GB thread when I heard one of the donations said Good Luck Have Batman. Looking forward to a lot of runs that will probably ruin my sleep schedule.

#4 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Every year I watch this and every year I'm absolutely stunned by how much money they make, and for such a worthy cause as well.

I'm getting paid soon so I'm going to throw some in when I can.

I can't wait for the Pokémon Gold glitch run myself, I'll be staying up pretty late to catch it, the Pokémon Yellow run in 2011 was amazing!

#5 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Well, he just finished Shadow Complex in 8 minutes and 40 seconds, so yeah...

#6 Posted by AverageGreg (120 posts) -

Yeah been looking forward to this, recently got into watching speed runs on SpeedRunsLive and I'm always astounded by some of the tricks they can pull off. Definitely gonna be watching when I can.

#7 Edited by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Did Matt Kessler's name get dropped on the donator list?

#8 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (462 posts) -

It's an amazing marathon. If you only watch one run I would suggest Yoshi's Island though, it is jaw-dropping.

#9 Posted by Bollard (5202 posts) -

Website is dead :( wanted to see the schedule as I've never heard of the game they're playing now. How long does this run for? Missing Shadow Complex is a shame, and Pokemon Glitch runs sound awesome.

#10 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: It runs the entire next week
#11 Posted by Bollard (5202 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

They streaming 24/7?

#12 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Looking forward to the SC2 brutal speed run.

Is this the first time they've had PC games in this event?

#13 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

@Jack268 said:

They streaming 24/7?

Yep. And their website can't handle the load, just refresh a few times.

#14 Posted by Pie (7035 posts) -

Awesome stuff, love having something to tune into whenever

#15 Edited by Bollard (5202 posts) -

@haffy said:

Looking forward to the SC2 brutal speed run.

Is this the first time they've had PC games in this event?

SC2? Ah man I wanna see that too!

@mnzy said:

@Chavtheworld said:

@Jack268 said:

They streaming 24/7?

Yep. And their website can't handle the load, just refresh a few times.

I just got on the cached Google copy. I missed Ape Escape. That game is so goooood.

#16 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -
#17 Posted by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

Been so excited for this since the last event last year. I watch a lot of speedruns and run a lot myself so I'll be watching as much as I can this week.

#18 Posted by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

neat. will watch some this evening. :)

#19 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: You can also watch from the direct stream if the website goes down.

#20 Posted by haffy (673 posts) -

Crazy how well the guy running yoshis island can talk while playing lol.

#21 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Yoshi's Island! I love this game.

#22 Edited by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

They're on Donkey Kong 64 right now and it appears to be on like et cetera.

Wow this game is busted. The whole speed run process involves jumping in and out of the boundaries of the level geometry. haha.

#23 Posted by Bollard (5202 posts) -

@mnzy: @SerHulse: Cheers!

#24 Posted by Bollard (5202 posts) -

Skyrim got enough donations! They're playing it now in 1:30 I believe?

#25 Edited by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

@Chavtheworld: The dude running Skyrim doesn't get the respect he deserves. Everyone left after watching a guy spend ten minutes pressing the A button to finish the final boss in Super Mario RPG, so it was a empty room while he tore Tony Hawk Underground 2 to pieces.

EDIT: I feel kind of bad for Blueglass (aka Yellow Shirt Guy) now. The longer I watch him, the more I think he has some kind of "problem." And now he's a meme.

#26 Posted by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Haha, Punch-Out blindfolded is awesome.

#27 Posted by LangarN (131 posts) -

Whoa this is freakin awesome, Im not getting much else done this week i feel..

#28 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (462 posts) -

@Vonocourt: What did Blueglass do? Came in after he had already become a stupid ass meme.

#29 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

This event is awesome! I'm looking forward to the Pokémon Gold run.

#30 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

Super Meat Boy 106% run now, should be a highlight.

#31 Edited by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

Meat Boy is goooooooooooo! O__O

Time to first death was one minute and fifty seconds. :D

#32 Edited by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

Funny the player says he doesn't use Gish. Gish is the character I use most, second only to basic Meat Boy.

Holy crap the guy just beat the Kid warp zone without dying once! The fellows from Team Meat called in. Apparently Kid warp zone was slightly more difficult in early builds than the final version. I'm not sure if they were joking about that.

And speedrun complete. Super Meat Boy 106% in 1:47:36. On a live stream. In a room full of people. While talking to Team Meat over the phone for most of it. Fucking bananas.

Just watched a fellow fail a Binding of Isaac run. I'm a little confused by the attitude of this player. He has chosen a game that is one of the most random chance based as his specialty, and yet he seems to be perpetually pissed off about the random factors. Perhaps play a game with less random elements, be happier? No? Yes?

Watching Amnesia speed run now. Fascinating. This is a very techy run. Almost entirely composed of glitch tricks and running outside the geometry.

#33 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

@CitizenCoffeeCake: He played Ecco, but it's more the commentary about him. It started out as just some dude who happened to wear a yellow shirt, which contrasted with everyone else. No big deal there, it was when he started talking and playing where the problem started. I would not be surprised if he has a case of mild autism or Aspergers(my uneducated opinion of course), and people were making fun of him for his mannerism and voice. Felt bad that Withelde was getting constant tranny jokes, but I don't think Blueglass knows exactly what the chat means when they joke about him which makes it worse.

But then again I could be completely wrong.

#34 Edited by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

Didn't see the thread for this. Been watching what I can. Amnesia is being played right now.

Pro Tip: Turn the chat off. #YSG

#35 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

@Vonocourt said:

@Chavtheworld: The dude running Skyrim doesn't get the respect he deserves. Everyone left after watching a guy spend ten minutes pressing the A button to finish the final boss in Super Mario RPG, so it was a empty room while he tore Tony Hawk Underground 2 to pieces.

That was a shame. The THUG 2 run was bat shit crazy. Shame everyone left.

#36 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (462 posts) -

@Vonocourt: I see, thanks for the info duder. The chat is a cesspool.

#37 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

@JJOR64: Yeah, but you do get the occasional gem like "Peaches fingered a girl once, she died" during the Mischief Makers run.

#38 Edited by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -

spikevegeta playing through the original Rayman was an education.

4:44:14 onwards in this video:

And from the beginning of this video:

#39 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -

It's crazy that they've already raised more than $80,000 in about 2 days. I'm really looking forward to the 6 hour OOT run, whatever that is, and the Mario 3D land speedrun. Also that Yoshi's Island was insane.

#40 Posted by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -
#41 Edited by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden (original series) speed runs coming up in about an hour-ish. Schedule says Ninja Gaiden Black coming up later this evening. Castlevania games on right now.

edit---Symphony of the Night speedrun starting now!

#42 Posted by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -
#43 Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake (462 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden (NES) pacifist run was impressive (he only attacked on bosses, no ninpo or other items ever), that game is such a bitch.

#44 Posted by JJOR64 (18885 posts) -

Goof Troop now.

Also I'm glad they turned off the chat. That was the worst I have ever seen the chat on Twitch ever.

#45 Posted by Capum15 (4790 posts) -

Holy crap this is awesome. Just saw that Gimmick! run - very impressive. Looking forward to watching more.

#46 Posted by Optix12 (609 posts) -

Man it looks like i missed out on loads of good runs, just started after spotting the thread at goof troop, my weekend will be wasted on this though

#47 Edited by mnzy (2911 posts) -

@JJOR64: Oh, they actually turned it off? Wow.

@Capum15: I didn't know that game before, it looked really cool.

#48 Posted by Capum15 (4790 posts) -
@mnzy: Yeah, me either, but I was digging it. Though I was probably digging it more than I would have due to how crazy good the guy was.
#49 Posted by HerbieBug (4194 posts) -

Die Hard world record attempt up next followed by Metroid Prime right after.

#50 Posted by Wraith1 (555 posts) -

That guy came close to beating Die Hard