#1 Posted by 1momosauky (206 posts) -

I have been waiting for a price drop for this game for a looong time. It is only single player and I am no achievement hunter so I will most likely play it once and put it away. It does not seem to want to go under 40 however, is it worth that price point even for just one play through?

#2 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1211 posts) -

I would wait for a little bit cheaper. It is good but it is pretty much an interactive anime, so if that is your thing then sure.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4386 posts) -

Personally I loved the game, I picked it up for $20 a month back and it is fantastic. I can see why people say wait cause if you end up not liking the game it will seem like a waste, but you have people like me that loved the game and I wish I picked it up day one. So I say wait since I did and use the money you saved to get at least the story DLC

#4 Posted by jewunit (1052 posts) -
#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -
#6 Posted by takayamasama (434 posts) -

Yes yes and more yes. That game is still worth 60 in my mind so 40 is a freakin steal. Grab it and enjoy a really, really deep and well written story that is also fun to play, regaurdless of your views on quick time events.

#7 Posted by kindgineer (2486 posts) -

Yes. It's a terrific game that is worth your money.

#8 Posted by 1momosauky (206 posts) -

I live in Canada for those wondering

#9 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2152 posts) -

No, wait till it's $20. It's interesting and unique but it's 4 hours long and personally I had no desire to go through it again except for the true ending.

#10 Posted by captain_clayman (3302 posts) -

40 bucks...ehhh I'd wait till it's 30 there's not a lot of replay value at all, it's about 6 hours and then you're just done. If you have gamefly or something you should just rent it or borrow it from someone.

#11 Posted by Bane122 (764 posts) -

If you know what your getting into then yes, it's worth it. One of my favorite games this year.

#12 Posted by msavo (7523 posts) -

Wait for $30 at least.

#13 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Depends on how much you think one man raging is worth. Because that's 90% of the game. He rages and then rages some more. And when he's not raging, he's getting ready to rage. Seriously, how much can one man rage?

#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4660 posts) -

You should be able to find it cheaper than that. 20 would be the optimal price as it is worth the price but I don't think it's that great aside from some fights.

#15 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

I'd say $25-$30 is the best spot especially seeing you'll have to pay for the True Ending DLC, which is the best part of the game imo.

#16 Posted by drac96 (656 posts) -

I got it for 20$ on amazon two weeks ago. I really ended up liking it. You're going to want the 7$ dlc though. It's pretty crazy.

Paying 40$ might be a bit much though. Either way it's a good experience.

#17 Posted by Sauson (560 posts) -

I got it off of Amazon new for $20. I was unsure if it was even worth that but I said fuck it and got it anyway.

#18 Posted by YI_Orange (1075 posts) -

Depends. If you're one of those people who's concerned with length for your dollar, maybe not. But it's easily one of my favorite games this year, so I think 40 dollars is totally worth it. You will want the true ending DLC though. A little gross that they'd do that, sure, but that stuff is fantastic.

#19 Posted by VierasTalo (586 posts) -

Huh, it's 12 euros brand new here in a few Nordic online stores. Nice to see us get something for cheaper than the other side of the puddle. Can't answer the question though, as I just ordered it last week and it didn't arrive yet.

#20 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1522 posts) -

Absolutely.

#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14327 posts) -

No. I bought it for $19.99 a month or so back. Wait for a sale.

#22 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -

I just started playing my copy today for the first time, and yes. Absolutely. Got to Ch. 8 and the game is great so far!

#23 Posted by AzHP (156 posts) -

The game is great and it's great for a group of friends as well, anyone can pick up the controller and "play" so no one feels out. The action is amazing and ridiculous. The true ending MUST be seen.

#24 Posted by jewunit (1052 posts) -
#25 Posted by McLargepants (334 posts) -

Like others are saying, buy it on Amazon, or Newegg or something and get it for 20ish instead. But remember, you're going to want to buy the DLC which is 7 dollars or so, so factor that into your price.

But the game is worth it, if you like anime, or just Japanese ridiculousness in general you'll probably like it!