Back Log and Resolution

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By nixium

I am a gamer and I have a backlog of games to get through.

There I finally admitted it. And now that I have done that it makes me want to go back and finish these games in my backlog. I am going to be realistic about this.

I am only going to finish the games that I find fun and just stopped playing because I got distracted by a shiny new game. I am also going to limit myself to this generation of games, with 2 exceptions.

Games I resolve to finish:

• Dead Space (PS3)
  • Little Big Planet (PS3)
  • The Orange Box (Ep 2 still needs to be completed, finished everything else) (Xbox 360)
  • Crysis (PC)
  • World in Conflict and World in Conflict Soviet Assault (PC)
  • Dawn of War II (PC)
  • Fallout (Exception 1) (PC)
  • Fallout 2 (Exceptions 2) (PC)

How am I going to do this? Since Giantbomb does not have any sort of back log feature I will be using this site: http://www.backloggery.com. Wish me luck because inFamous comes out on the 26th and will be calling me.
nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nixium

I am a gamer and I have a backlog of games to get through.

There I finally admitted it. And now that I have done that it makes me want to go back and finish these games in my backlog. I am going to be realistic about this.

I am only going to finish the games that I find fun and just stopped playing because I got distracted by a shiny new game. I am also going to limit myself to this generation of games, with 2 exceptions.

Games I resolve to finish:

• Dead Space (PS3)
  • Little Big Planet (PS3)
  • The Orange Box (Ep 2 still needs to be completed, finished everything else) (Xbox 360)
  • Crysis (PC)
  • World in Conflict and World in Conflict Soviet Assault (PC)
  • Dawn of War II (PC)
  • Fallout (Exception 1) (PC)
  • Fallout 2 (Exceptions 2) (PC)

How am I going to do this? Since Giantbomb does not have any sort of back log feature I will be using this site: http://www.backloggery.com. Wish me luck because inFamous comes out on the 26th and will be calling me.
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By danielkempster

Good luck, duder. I have a hell of a lot of unfinished games that I really want to get on top of, and I'm gradually working on whittling it down a bit. Hope you have fun with Dead Space too, that game is seriously awesome.

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nixium
@dankempster: Yea I know its so fun. I'm running through it with just the original weapon. Makes it a bit more challenging I find. Why don't you join me in in my resolution?
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By danielkempster
nixium said:
@dankempster: Yea I know its so fun. I'm running through it with just the original weapon. Makes it a bit ... [more]
I made a similar resolution of my own not too long back. I made a deal with myself to clear five games off of my list before I allow myself to buy anything new. It's going fairly well so far. And yeah, my list is pretty long.

EDIT: Just noticed that Backloggery website. It looks pretty interesting and is the kind of thing that would probably help me to keep my goals in perspective. It's a shame Giant Bomb doesn't have a similar feature. I'll definitely think about signing up...
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By TobyD81

You haven't finished LBP yet? Dude, you can crank that out in a weekend, easy.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Disgaeamad

Good luck with Dead Space man, that game is rad.

Also, I feel the need to post this due to your icon:

No Caption Provided

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nixium
@Disgaeamad: Fantastic!