Backlog Tracker

FadedMFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone use any sites that are good for tracking gaming backlogs?

Looking for some recommendations.

Thanks

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

howLongToBeat.com can track backlogs and collections, I'm not sure how good it is though. I only ever use that site to get a general idea of how long games take to finish.

You can always just use a Google Drive spreadsheet.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lost_Remnant

I personally use Grouvee as my backlog tracker. It tracks everything by shelves so it makes it super easy to track what I've played, currently playing, backlog, and even a wishlist. You can even add additional shelves which I've done to make an Xbox One Backlog section, to make it easier to look through those games then if it was also combined with my 360 collection.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Ibarguengoytia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume you asking for a tool to keep track of your physical copies of games. If so, I recommend taking pictures of each of your games, individually or having the spines lined up, or, as Mike suggested, a spreadsheet.

If you are mainly using digital copies of games Steam does a very well job, and you can even add your physical copies to your Steam Library. Plus if you don't own the game but want to own it you can use the wishlist or follow features.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By Wraithtek

Darkadia is a good video game cataloging site that uses Giant Bomb's games database. When you add a game, it defaults to "Owned". You can also add "Played," if you've started it, and eventually "Completed." And if you're just done with the game (finished or not), flag it as "Shelved." The profile page has handy links to show "Unfinished" games (played, but not completed) and "Pile of Shame" (not played). On the Games page, you can specify any number of filters, and sort by date added, release date, title. There's also a Wishlist for anything not yet in your library.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

Backloggery is the best one I know of. Been kinda bad with adding my recent games there though...
I like the way it shows percentages of games you have yet to beat and stuff. Also, the ability to have friends is nice. Might manage to make some kind of rivalry with someone about beating games, which might make it easier? I don't know. The site is good anyway.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@mike: it's not bad, but like a lot of places in all depends on the user doing their part of the data entry. GIGO and all that. You can pretty easily import your Steam Library so you don't have to manually add all the titles now which is nice. But it doesn't bring over time (or it wasn't working when I tried) or completion status.

The one big plus to it I see over backloggery and such is that you can contribute your time to help improve the data quality.

Meorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've used howlongtobeat.com in the past and recently went back to update my profile on it. Not sure if it was always this way and I just didn't remember, but holy crap that site is SLOW. I love the concept, but no way can I sit there through 3+ second page loads for every. single. action. Going to look into these other sites and see if they fare better.